ADVERTISEMENT

Barnes Owns Cal

There's no disputing that, 11-7 and Cal still doesnt have an answer for Barne's defense.

Pathetic effort from a Hall of Fame coach. Can't out talent a scheme that busts your ass every year,

As soon as Barnes is gone from UT I'll breath a sigh of relief.

10-7 is owning when you have less talent every year.
besides Oscar i don't see more talent then UT. What the hell are you talking about? Last year too, they have the better talent now. Wake up. Barnes gets better players but most top SEC teams do now. Kentucky on the talent level dropped off.

Coach Cal at Kentucky: 31-8 record in NCAA tourney (missed the tourney twice in 11 seasons)

Barnes at Tennessee: 2-3 record in NCAA tourney (missed the tourney twice in 5 seasons)

And his record wasn’t much better at Texas.

Last edited:
Coaches are paid to coach and make the adjustments needed to win said game. We absolutely looked the same the second half as we did the first. Zero difference. So yes the very Barnes that most everybody mocked when he was at Texas owns Calipari. That showed twice this season. Twice. Now on the other hand, we if we won the sec tournament would have been the weakest one seed. If it plays out to our favor, we could be the strongest 2 seed in the weakest 1 bracket. Am I right?

Coaches are paid to coach and make the adjustments needed to win said game. We absolutely looked the same the second half as we did the first. Zero difference. So yes the very Barnes that most everybody mocked when he was at Texas owns Calipari. That showed twice this season. Twice. Now on the other hand, we if we won the sec tournament would have been the weakest one seed. If it plays out to our favor, we could be the strongest 2 seed in the weakest 1 bracket. Am I right?
I said this last night, if we get placed in the Midwest as a 2 in the bracket Lunardi had laid out then I’d take that over being a 1 in a tougher region. We will see tomorrow what lies ahead. It’s all about matchups now.

Reactions: 55wildcat
I said this last night, if we get placed in the Midwest as a 2 in the bracket Lunardi had laid out then I’d take that over being a 1 in a tougher region. We will see tomorrow what lies ahead. It’s all about matchups now.
Absolutely

It would be the weakest 1 strongest 2 , weakest 3 strongest 4 and so on. I like that much better

Coach Cal at Kentucky: 31-8 record in NCAA tourney (missed the tourney twice in 11 seasons)

Barnes at Tennessee: 2-3 record in NCAA tourney (missed the tourney twice in 5 seasons)

And his record wasn’t much better at Texas.
Do you not understand that you are proving the point that Barnes ownes Cal? Against others, Barnes is average. Against Cal he is 10 - 7 despite fielding less-talented teams. The point being made is not that Barnes is great, he's not. But, as the original post says, he seems to own Cal, especially when you consider the talent disparity through the years.

Do you not understand that you are proving the point that Barnes ownes Cal? Against others, Barnes is average. Against Cal he is 10 - 7 despite fielding less-talented teams. The point being made is not that Barnes is great, he's not. But, as the original post says, he seems to own Cal, especially when you consider the talent disparity through the years.

My point is that the point being made doesn’t matter. The tourney matters. And Cal is much better in the tourney.

The haters love this. Have been waiting for a chance to crawl out of their holes.

You have to understand, the haters aren’t bright.
Subjective Calipari Fan Playbook Rule #7:

When confronting a position that is indefensible, resort to an ad hominem fallacy and attack that poster's personality, integrity, or even resort to projecting upon their lifestyle choices.

By the way, Barnes is 10-7 against Calipari.

ADVERTISEMENT