ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Bamba gone: What it means for UK

It is a PRIVELIDGE to participate in this site for free. That's not your right.

Complaining with no leg to stand on is not smart.

Reactions: Blueaz
Well there goes our "aircraft carrier" sailed into the wrong port, number 9 jut became more challenging. It amazes me that he decided not to go for a NC contender.
I honestly don't think 9 got more difficult if we get diallo get back or get Johnson as Bamba was important so if that happened Knox could play SG IMO. But I do agree if we don't add another guard and miss on Bamba like we did then it did get harder. We still will be a co favorite with MSU but with one more stud we are the clear cut favorite.

I know what it means for UK without paying for premium. It means Bamba isn't coming to UK.

Disappointed about this, but it's not awful. Just more ways for us to get PT on Vanderbilt, Knox, and Washington, who are all amazing. And who knows where SKJ and Gabriel could be next season. Everybody is thinking about the shots that won't be blocked or rebounded when we miss on Bamba, but nobody thinks about the three-pointers we sink by running more versatile lineups. Nobody thinks about the defensive rotations that don't get missed or the steals in passing lanes we get because we're leaning on combo forwards rather than obligate post players. And nobody thinks about all the turnovers and bricks we don't have to watch as Bamba tries to prove his offensive game is developed (it isn't).

Mostly, I just wanted Bamba for depth in the post. I was disappointed by his recent showings. This isn't like missing on AD.

Reactions: BurpinTurpin
Sometimes in poker you want a royal flush but only get a straight flush. Bamba might have been the royal flush but the sum of all parts of our returning front court with the incoming Freshman gives us a straight flush. I think I will play the hand.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Not a huge beef with the OP or anything, but I wish people would state up front that the articles they are linking are premium content.

My apologies, T.J. wrote it and I mistakenly thought it was tagged free. My fault. I'm making it free and I apologize. Not one time (before this) have I intentionally started a thread with a premium link here on the free board, so it's not my style. Sometimes in the Newsstand there is premium content interspersed. FWIW, it might take a sec for the system to recognize the link as free now, but it will soon.

I definitely wanted Bamba. I think he is a difference maker, but it is what it is now. Like Cal says, UK isn't for everyone.
UK's frontcourt will still be very, very good. Very versatile guys in the frontcourt. Lots of 6-8 to 7ft guys that are athletic. JV, Knox and PJ are also good ball handlers. JV may be the better of the three. Gabriel and SKJ are long and rangy and hopefully both move their game up a couple of notches. Richards should eliminate a lot of those layups we saw the other team get a lot of last year.

Reactions: Brando Mac
I honestly don't think 9 got more difficult if we get diallo get back or get Johnson as Bamba was important so if that happened Knox could play SG IMO. But I do agree if we don't add another guard and miss on Bamba like we did then it did get harder. We still will be a co favorite with MSU but with one more stud we are the clear cut favorite.
Losing the rim protector was what led me to say that, these guys are a freshman team playing for a title they will need all in their favor they can get. Davis and his rim protecting was huge in our championship season but we ill be very competetive hopefully we have enough.

Wrong. There is a TOS to this forum, but moderators can ban anyone for any reason. This board is free, and it's a fine community for not having to pay anything. Be grateful.
lol member when there wasn't premium content? Member when it was all free?

Besides, your argument would have legs if the site gained nothing from a free board and they were doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. But that's not the case. The free board makes a lot of money from advertisements, and itself is an advertisement for the premium board.

And while they technically can ban you for any reason, there specific board rules, that if followed will result in you not getting banned.

I am grateful for the board, and the community, but that doesn't mean I have to kiss the arse of the mods and creators to show my thanks. By participating in the discussion the current members bring more people in, and those people are constantly making the board money by giving the ads more hits, and potentially buying a premium pass.

Furthermore, twitter and other free forms of social media are the future of intel gathering for this sort of thing. And it's all free as of now. So the mods and creators should also be thankful to its community for supporting it in changing times.

lol member when there wasn't premium content? Member when it was all free?

Besides, your argument would have legs if the site gained nothing from a free board and they were doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. But that's not the case. The free board makes a lot of money from advertisements, and itself is an advertisement for the premium board.

And while they technically can ban you for any reason, there specific board rules, that if followed will result in you not getting banned.

I am grateful for the board, and the community, but that doesn't mean I have to kiss the arse of the mods and creators to show my thanks. By participating in the discussion the current members bring more people in, and those people are constantly making the board money by giving the ads more hits, and potentially buying a premium pass.

Furthermore, twitter and other free forms of social media are the future of intel gathering for this sort of thing. And it's all free as of now. So the mods and creators should also be thankful to its community for supporting it in changing times.

If you didn't see the earlier post, it was a simple mistake and miscommunication (and the story is now free, as I originally thought it was). With the exception of the Newsstand (which has a minor amount of premium content interspersed with free content), I never post premium links on this forum out of respect to the users.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
If you didn't see the earlier post, it was a simple mistake and miscommunication (and the story is now free, as I originally thought it was). With the exception of the Newsstand (which has a minor amount of premium content interspersed with free content), I never post premium links on this forum out of respect to the users.
Well it's your alls site so you can use it as you please. But I was curious because I hadn't seen you post premium content on here before.

But I didn't see that post. And I appreciate you posting your free content on here and clearing the air.

People on here cry over the dumbest crap. Don't click on it then, idiots.

If you are referring to me, first I said it wasn't a big deal, and just asked that it be made clear it was premium. How would I know to not click on it? Talk about crying over dumb crap.

Tks JR, and I'm sorry it became more of an issue than I intended. This was maybe the 2nd time I clicked on a link that was premium, and just thought I'd ask for a heads up. I wasn't bitching like some in this thread seem to think. Appreciate the cooperation.

ADVERTISEMENT