ADVERTISEMENT

Bama offers Wandale

Sep 5, 2017
Wandale Robinson gets offered by the Tide. Have a solid feeling we arent going to get Wandale. Not a good day for UK so far.

We need a name for the posters whose emotions are roller coasters dependent upon the minute to minute recruiting buzz.

We need a name for the posters whose emotions are roller coasters dependent upon the minute to minute recruiting buzz.

Referring to me? If so, I am pretty concerned with recruiting, but excited about our team this season. I think that's perfectly fine.

I am talking about a lot of emotional the “recruiting Sky is falling and Jeff Brohm just won the Big 10” posters.

Not really, I mean Jeff is the one who has taken Grant and Hunter from us. Both of which were 100% crystal ball to us. So of coarse he is going to be mentioned. Our recruiting is not looking good at the moment, and I don't think it's an issue to bring up that fact. Some people get a little upset when negative news gets brought up around here and start calling people "negative" and "emotional" when they bring up the news. I dont really get that.

Not really, I mean Jeff is the one who has taken Grant and Hunter from us. Both of which were 100% crystal ball to us. So of coarse he is going to be mentioned. Our recruiting is not looking good at the moment, and I don't think it's an issue to bring up that fact. Some people get a little upset when negative news gets brought up around here and start calling people "negative" and "emotional" when they bring up the news. I dont really get that.

Again, stop quoting crystal balls, as If they add anything AT ALL to your point. They don’t.

Again, stop quoting crystal balls, as If they add anything AT ALL to your point. They don’t.

What are you talking about?

Rowland called them "UK's top defensive targets". That add anything to my point that Brohm out-recruited us? Just because you say something doesn't add to my point, doesn't mean it doesn't. You just don't want it to lol.

Brohm got 2 top UK targets that were believed by insiders to be UK bound, it's fact, and it's okay. Just accept that, and we will find new recruits to replace them, things will be okay. But it's also okay to point out that things aren't doing hot at the moment my friend.

Noone thinks the sky is falling, the sky just isn't very pretty at the moment.

Last edited:

Rowland called them "UK's top defensive targets". That add anything to my point that Brohm stole 2 recruits from us? Just because you say something doesn't add to my point, doesn't mean it doesn't. You just don't want it to lol.

Brohm got 2 top UK targets that were believed by insiders to be UK bound, it's fact, and it's okay. Just accept that, and we will find new recruits to replace them, things will be okay. But it's also okay to point out that things aren't doing hot at the moment my friend.

Crystal ball percentages mean nothing. You can argue all day that UK was the leader because of a crystal ball all you want. It does not make it so. If that was the fact, UK would sign 4 QBs this year. You may think that is going to happen. Does not make it so.

Crystal ball percentages mean nothing. You can argue all day that UK was the leader because of a crystal ball all you want. It does not make it so. If that was the fact, UK would sign 4 QBs this year. You may think that is going to happen. Does not make it so.

Never, ever, ever said UK was the leader, just said they were top UK targets and believed to be UK bound. And also, only 3 QBs had 100% crystal ball to us, the 4th we are recruiting as a safety. And Hayden wolf verbally said we were his favorite.

Never, ever, ever said UK was the leader, just said they were top UK targets and believed to be UK bound. And also, only 3 QBs had 100% crystal ball to us, the 4th we are recruiting as a safety. And Hayden wolf verbally said we were his favorite.

Well, I guess we should be upset that we will not land 3 QBs. It was guaranteed until Mizzou stole one.

Rowland called them "UK's top defensive targets". That add anything to my point that Brohm out-recruited us? Just because you say something doesn't add to my point, doesn't mean it doesn't. You just don't want it to lol.

Hunter is not one of UK top targets. Nothing I have read on this site suggests otherwise.

Hunter is not one of UK top targets. Nothing I have read on this site suggests otherwise.

Rowland:
"Marvin Grant and Dontay Hunter, two of Kentucky's top defensive targets, will not be in Lexington this weekend. I still like where UK stands with both."

Josh Edwards:
"Kentucky is the clear leader for 3 star Dontay Hunter"

Dontay Hunter even said "Looking forward to teaming up with him" (Benny)

So yeah I consider it a pretty decent loss. And Brohm outrecruited us. Let's not start another pissing contest my friend.

Last edited:
In state recruiting has completely fallen apart and now Ohio may be drying up. We have made a living in Ohio under Stoops signing kids like Hunter. Kids who have several really good Power 5 offers but not from OSU. I hope us pulling Marrow out of Ohio to focus on Ky doesn't hurt us there because it seems like the Ky kids weren't/aren't coming either way. We need some good news soon.

Rowland:
"Marvin Grant and Donte Hunter, two of Kentucky's top defensive targest, will not be in Lexington this weekend. I still like where UK stands with both."

Josh Edwards:
"Kentucky is the clear leader for 3 star Don't Hunter"

So yeah I consider it a pretty decent loss. And Brohm outrecruited us. Let's not start another pissing contest my friend.
Wow! I'm not part of this discussion but I certainly appreciate that kind of research to support a point. :D

Peace

Rowland:
"Marvin Grant and Dontay Hunter, two of Kentucky's top defensive targets, will not be in Lexington this weekend. I still like where UK stands with both."

Josh Edwards:
"Kentucky is the clear leader for 3 star Don't Hunter"

Well that's one way to prove someone wrong instantly. Dadgum

Reactions: TTU/UK fan
IMO player development-or lack or player development is what’s hurting us on the recruiting trail. We still lack an offensive and defensive identity-meaning what are we trying to become (Air Raid, Wildcat, West Coast)? Kids want to know how they will be used-we are still working on building depth at each position and in some cases don’t have what we need to migrate to what the coaching staff wants to do.

It's never good to be looking at someones balls

Reactions: mikeinpikeville

The sunshine pumpers are an interesting bunch. Accepts mediocrity, thinks you’re a traitor if you question their leader, drinks the koolaid and asks for seconds.

IMO player development-or lack or player development is what’s hurting us on the recruiting trail. We still lack an offensive and defensive identity-meaning what are we trying to become (Air Raid, Wildcat, West Coast)? Kids want to know how they will be used-we are still working on building depth at each position and in some cases don’t have what we need to migrate to what the coaching staff wants to do.
Not here to argue against your "who R we/identity" theory.... Just replying because when it comes to Wandale and Bama my question was... How is Alabama going to use him? I've not seen them use a similar player in their offense. Perhaps Wandale returns kicks and punts or used situationally? Alabama is Alabama and I get that but for a guy like WR, Alabama seems a strange bedfellow.... If an Alabama and 3-4 other good programs take prized Kentucky recruits away from Kentucky every year and UofL gets Louisville talent we will be "W's" on the schedule, and they get a good player... You got to protect your own turf and UK has not done that well with CMS... And isn't that what he said he was going to do when he got here? Yes it was.

Not here to argue against your "who R we/identity" theory.... Just replying because when it comes to Wandale and Bama my question was... How is Alabama going to use him? I've not seen them use a similar player in their offense. Perhaps Wandale returns kicks and punts or used situationally? Alabama is Alabama and I get that but for a guy like WR, Alabama seems a strange bedfellow.... If an Alabama and 3-4 other good programs take prized Kentucky recruits away from Kentucky every year and UofL gets Louisville talent we will be "W's" on the schedule, and they get a good player... You got to protect your own turf and UK has not done that well with CMS... And isn't that what he said he was going to do when he got here? Yes it was.

I don’t disagree with you-I’ve said pretty much the same in other threads. The change to Marrow for in state recruiting may help us, hope it doesn’t hurt out of state recruiting. Don’t want KY kids for the sake of having KY kids, I want the ones that can play here or anywhere else.

Last edited:
I don't think you guys have much to worry about. Our class is filling up fast and we're likely only going to take 1 RB in this class. We're trying to get Trey Sanders, who was previously committed to us, back in the fold, with Jerrion Ealy as our 2nd option if Sanders follows his brother to UF.

ADVERTISEMENT