ADVERTISEMENT

Bama DC

NCAA will hammer Pruitt with show cause while letting TN skate. Pruitt has to get thru that first. Hoping Pruitt writes a book someday on the sins of his TN AD(read Phat) as well as their big boosters. And I hope I'm alive to read it.

Pruitt wasn't handing out money at FSU, he wasn't in Athens and I don't believe he was at Bama. He was clueless about how not to get caught and would have been if he were. I think he was operating under Fulmer's orders and if he were 9-3 he would still be their coach. Winning the right way has never happened at Tennessee.

Reactions: mrschwump
Pruitt wasn't handing out money at FSU, he wasn't in Athens and I don't believe he was at Bama. He was clueless about how not to get caught and would have been if he were. I think he was operating under Fulmer's orders and if he were 9-3 he would still be their coach. Winning the right way has never happened at Tennessee.
Phat operated successfully by being the NCAA's bitch snitch. He was most adept at telling the NCAA "don't look here, look there!" He was able to slide by for so long he probably figured he could continue when he hired Pruitt. By then his NCAA contacts were gone, now Pruitt will pay with his career while TN claims clean hands.

Phat operated successfully by being the NCAA's bitch snitch. He was most adept at telling the NCAA "don't look here, look there!" He was able to slide by for so long he probably figured he could continue when he hired Pruitt. By then his NCAA contacts were gone, now Pruitt will pay with his career while TN claims clean hands.

I believe it went exactly like that.

Reactions: mrschwump
Hahaha, guess my dc questions, the answer was #1.

Pruitt will be DC in the shadows, pulling the strings, Steele just putting his name on the title & collecting some paychecks till he hits Alabama state employee retirement payout.
To me, that was the only thing that made sense as to why it was taking so long. I mean who wouldn't want to run their scheme with the talent Bama brings. It's the equivalent of having the cheat code on your favorite video game working with talent like they have.

Pruitt had to be the reason they hadn't hired anyone yet.

Last edited:
To me, that was the only thing that made sense as to why it was taking so long. I mean who wouldn't want to run their scheme with the talent Bama brings. It's the equivalent of having the cheat code on your favorite video game working with talent like they have.

Pruitt had to be the reason they hadn't hired anyone yet.

No, they were turned down by 2 coaches, that is when the scheming a way to hire Pruitt was born.

No, they were turned down by 2 coaches, that is when the scheming a way to hire Pruitt was born.
My thoughts are, there were a whole lot of good coaches that wish they would have received a call. I've seen your thoughts on their development of players and I agree, things do seem to be dropping off a tad. However, they still land a ton of talent. Most DCs will never get to work with that much talent unless they end up in the NFL.

My thoughts are, there were a whole lot of good coaches that wish they would have received a call. I've seen your thoughts on their development of players and I agree, things do seem to be dropping off a tad. However, they still land a ton of talent. Most DCs will never get to work with that much talent unless they end up in the NFL.

That's true, they do have a ton of talent, or have signed a bunch, they just haven lived up to it and Bama leads the conference is transfer production. Father time is undefeated and things just don't come to you as quick at 70 as it did at evev 65

Reactions: sieken
Now coming from the Bama site is Pruitt was the number 1 choice for their new DC, but felt it was too complicated with the NCAA dealings going on. But Bama did ask Pruitt who he recommended, straight from the Bama article, and he told them Steele was the only choice. Pruitt is expected to be hired as a off field staff analysis and "could" be a candidate for the DC job when the NCAA issue is over.

I guess they think Pruitt unlike most other coaches who can't be hired can't make a living as a TV personality or motivational speaker with the vocabulary he has so they going to take care of him.

ADVERTISEMENT