ADVERTISEMENT

Bama DC

1_Cool_CAT

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2008
London, KY
Has anyone heard how that search is going or if any serious contenders have come up yet, the only reason I ask, you all know why?

Has anyone heard how that search is going or if any serious contenders have come up yet, the only reason I ask, you all know why?
Name I've heard a lot of recently is TN's disgraced ex-HC Pruitt. Saban's latest rehab project I guess. Pruitt is former Saban asst, think he's been NFL analyst since TN shitcanned him.

Name I've heard a lot of recently is TN's disgraced ex-HC Pruitt. Saban's latest rehab project I guess. Pruitt is former Saban asst, think he's been NFL analyst since TN shitcanned him.

I had too, but it seems to have went quiet.. Spring Ball is just around the corner, you would think there will be something shortly?

Reactions: mrschwump
Hmm, Saban makes a big deal about rejecting kids looking for big NIL deals.....right after signing the #1 recruiting class. Right after 8 months ago accusing Jimbo & Texas a&m of only signing last yrs #1 class by buying it with NIL.

Very convenient

I don’t think Saban is opposed to NIL, but he and Kirby both are supposedly not getting into the “Pay for Play/Signing Sweepstakes.”

Come to school. We’ll set you up with some lucrative NIL opportunities. But, I don’t think they’re guaranteeing playing time along with cash.

I don’t think Saban is opposed to NIL, but he and Kirby both are supposedly not getting into the “Pay for Play/Signing Sweepstakes.”

Come to school. We’ll set you up with some lucrative NIL opportunities. But, I don’t think they’re guaranteeing playing time along with cash.
Can players have agents who negotiate NIL deals and get some of the money?

I am not in the know of anything other than what is posted somewhere. But we taking care of players already on the roster and not paying up front and player development. If it comes to paying them to come we might as well go NAIA.

OSU accused us of paying a mid 7 figures because he picked UGA over OSU. Just in case anyone doesn't know Day is a real prick, make Tha an arrogant prick. Maybe he needs to buy a kicker instead of 4 WR a year.

Can players have agents who negotiate NIL deals and get some of the money?
I haven't read anything about that but it would not make good sense to prevent them from it. Also, they should hire someone to help them manage the money. I would think most people at that age don't have much self control with their finances yet.

If you think Bama & Saban & Kirby & Georgia aren't cheating now, using NIL inducement to sign, and weren't cheating before, using bag men.....wow

If you think Bama & Saban & Kirby & Georgia aren't cheating now, using NIL inducement to sign, and weren't cheating before, using bag men.....wow
I don't pretend to have inside info about any school.

However, I do not think Saban and Smart are using collectives the same way Tn and TxAm are using collectives. I am not naive enough to think that $ is not an influence on many recruits. Granted, Ala & Ga are in positions to ignore recruits who are just looking for a quick payday. There's no doubt that Ga & Ala use current players' NIL deals (Bryce Young) as examples of their potential NIL earnings.

Again, I'm guessing that Saban and Smart ignore recruits who come into the process asking for big sums of $.

Reality check, every 4 star, every 5 star the last 2 yrs starts their recruiting stating they expect to be paid. Period, all recruiting analysts say this, Bill Elliott, Andrew Ivens, Gorney, Wilfong.

"They don't go there for money, they pick them to WIN and get drafted high!"

Y'all do know you sound like UK basketball fans 2010-2016 defending Calipari from every outsider who said he bought recruits right? Does anyone still believe that, anybody still that blindly innocent? $180k to Anthony Davis was a bargain. Free luxury house rental to Demarcus Cousin was cheep.

College football is a dirty ass game, and always has been. And the biggest winners are as dirty as anyone.

• Wow
Reactions: 1_Cool_CAT
Reality check, every 4 star, every 5 star the last 2 yrs starts their recruiting stating they expect to be paid. Period, all recruiting analysts say this, Bill Elliott, Andrew Ivens, Gorney, Wilfong.

Y'all do know you sound like UK basketball fans 2010-2016 defending Calipari from every outsider who said he bought recruits right? Does anyone still believe that, anybody still that blindly innocent? $180k to Anthony Davis was a bargain. Free luxury house rental to Demarcus Cousin was cheep.

College football is a dirty ass game, and always has been. And the biggest winners are as dirty as anyone.

You are starting to sound like a UT fan. Everyone isn't cheating, a little success doesn't mean you are taking shortcuts.

But to the thread topic, Todd Grantham's name is starting to get thrown around as Bama's new DC. After getting turned down by Washington's OC Ryan Goode Bama fans are getting a little nervous about their coordinators. They thought whoever they wanted was only a phone call away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1_Cool_CAT

I don't deny at all that college football is dirty. SEC is probably top of the list. I'm saying the way a hs recruit handles NIL impacts if Saban and Smart recruit them.

You use Cal, so I'll stick with your analogy. I'm not naive enough to believe UK hasn't done things in the past to secure commitments. Most schools don't care enough about college bb to get involved. UK, Duke, Ks, Arizona, UL, etc... topped the list before NIL. Yet, there were still recruits that UK (and other programs) stayed away from because of how the recruit (more of how the people attached to the recruit) approached the topic. Some were simply toxic. Cal & Coach K had enough success with the other recruits to stay away from the extremes.

I'm saying UT, Tx AM, and a few others threw caution to the wind. Paying players is NOW LEGAL. Sure, Ga & Ala can secure the best recruits. Like Cal & K from 5 years ago, Saban and Kirby can stay away from players who are mainly focused on the $. They want players focused on football, winning championships, and getting to NFL. They will handsomely compensate those players who make it happen. (I don't think that's how UT & Tx Am approached NIL.)

You are starting to sound like a UT fan. Everyone isn't cheating, a little success doesn't mean you are taking shortcuts.

But to the thread topic, Todd Grantham's name is starting to get thrown around as Bama's new DC. After getting turned down by Washington's OC Ryan Goode Bama fans are getting a little nervous about their coordinators. They thought whoever they wanted was only a phone call away.
Wow, Grantham's a reach IMO.

Had not heard Good turned down the Bama OC job. We don't hear much about Washington in the South and many like to throw shade at PAC12 teams but Washington is putting together a nice program. It'll be interesting to see if they remain in the PAC12 or if they and Oregon follow UCLA/USC to the Big10 or How Many.

I don't deny at all that college football is dirty. SEC is probably top of the list. I'm saying the way a hs recruit handles NIL impacts if Saban and Smart recruit them.

You use Cal, so I'll stick with your analogy. I'm not naive enough to believe UK hasn't done things in the past to secure commitments. Most schools don't care enough about college bb to get involved. UK, Duke, Ks, Arizona, UL, etc... topped the list before NIL. Yet, there were still recruits that UK (and other programs) stayed away from because of how the recruit (more of how the people attached to the recruit) approached the topic. Some were simply toxic. Cal & Coach K had enough success with the other recruits to stay away from the extremes.

I'm saying UT, Tx AM, and a few others threw caution to the wind. Paying players is NOW LEGAL. Sure, Ga & Ala can secure the best recruits. Like Cal & K from 5 years ago, Saban and Kirby can stay away from players who are mainly focused on the $. They want players focused on football, winning championships, and getting to NFL. They will handsomely compensate those players who make it happen. (I don't think that's how UT & Tx Am approached NIL.)

Great Point. Some will not say this is not true, but to me it sets a Culture within the program. Not only winning but fairness.

Take the Dawgs, to have all that talent stockpiled during this era & players leaving like crazy, mostly for money, the Dawgs have done outstanding of not losing many players in the portal.

Some will also say that it is just about them winning & the national championships but even Kirby has talked about the culture & players not wanting to leave with the culture being a major factor

They earn it!!!

Well if they hire Grantham they will not have to pay any moving expenses. Isn't he a defensive analyst at Bama. If Grantham is the choice what does this tell us about Alabama?

Is this the best they can do.

I am not in the know of anything other than what is posted somewhere. But we taking care of players already on the roster and not paying up front and player development. If it comes to paying them to come we might as well go NAIA.

OSU accused us of paying a mid 7 figures because he picked UGA over OSU. Just in case anyone doesn't know Day is a real prick, make Tha an arrogant prick. Maybe he needs to buy a kicker instead of 4 WR a year.
I think the heat is going to be on Day if he doesn't beat Michigan next year. That will be 3 in a row if he loses that one. I agree he does seem to be an arrogant prick. I am not a fan of Schiano either but he seems to be the lesser of two evils.

I think the heat is going to be on Day if he doesn't beat Michigan next year. That will be 3 in a row if he loses that one. I agree he does seem to be an arrogant prick. I am not a fan of Schiano either but he seems to be the lesser of two evils.

And at Ohio State, you can’t lose to Michigan, especially three in a row and then expect the bUcKeye fans to be happy & content!! It is what it is!!

Reactions: UKat1
Think about it, for Bama to get back on top, they must topple & stop the Dawgs!!

Considering most of the time the UK vs Dawgs matchup is kind a slugfest, it helps this stat, but I wonder if there is a better DC stat on this regarding the Dawgs during that time frame.

Do you know Grump?

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Think about it, for Bama to get back on top, they must topple & stop the Dawgs!!

Considering most of the time the UK vs Dawgs matchup is kind a slugfest, it helps this stat, but I wonder if there is a better DC stat on this regarding the Dawgs during that time frame.

Do you know Grump?
It'd be nice to win one every 10 years or so.

It'd be nice to win one every 10 years or so.

It sure would 😆 .. But it’s a been a tough task over the past four years, for anyone!

And BW is doing that with a step below type players that Bama has like everyone else but a few..

Just imagine what he could do with top talent stacked at every position..

Oh my!!!

Wow, Grantham's a reach IMO.

Had not heard Good turned down the Bama OC job. We don't hear much about Washington in the South and many like to throw shade at PAC12 teams but Washington is putting together a nice program. It'll be interesting to see if they remain in the PAC12 or if they and Oregon follow UCLA/USC to the Big10 or How Many.

I got his name wrong, but Ryan something, the OC at UW. Brought his wife in for the interview, got back to Washington and said no. Sounds like the little lady said he would be in Tuscaloosa alone if he went. Not sure where they go from there. As for Grantham their fans are a little nervous, they be wanting Golding back pretty quick. But Grantham will have one guy with a ton of sacks, whoever he likes.

Doesn't seem like people are falling over themselves to be a coordinator for Saban like they have been in the past.

Knock on wood, since they appear on UK's 2023 schedule.....are we FINALLY seeing the Alabama decline?

Was never impressed with Rees at Notre Dame playcalling. Who's the QB? And sounds like he is hell bent on hiring Pruitt. So much so might make 3rd & Grantham the DC in name only. A puppet with Pruitt doing the real coordination in the shadows.

Knock on wood, since they appear on UK's 2023 schedule.....are we FINALLY seeing the Alabama decline?

Was never impressed with Rees at Notre Dame playcalling. Who's the QB? And sounds like he is hell bent on hiring Pruitt. So much so might make 3rd & Grantham the DC in name only. A puppet with Pruitt doing the real coordination in the shadows.
Not talent wise. In 2021 didn't they have the all time best recruiting class and this year 2023 the third best all time with 9 five stars and 18 four star recruits? I may be wrong but what I was thinking. Talent like that will be hard for a lot of teams to overcome even if their coaches are not the best. But I thought they said that Rees is a really good OC?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT