ADVERTISEMENT

Bama’s Braxton Key transferring to UVA

Key has been a mystery. Played in Nashville at Brentwood Academy. Changed his name went to prep school now transferring....has been injured but a big disappointment

Key has been a mystery. Played in Nashville at Brentwood Academy. Changed his name went to prep school now transferring....has been injured but a big disappointment
Yeah I thought when he returned to the team the past season he’d give them a big lift but they were wildly inconsistent all season.

Alabama should be good next year despite this. They have Petty,Ingram,Jones,Giddens, Hall, and Johnson. That is a nice roster.

Alabama should be good next year despite this. They have Petty,Ingram,Jones,Giddens, Hall, and Johnson. That is a nice roster.

That is a roster that with Key and a very impressive top 10 pick PG, Collin Sexton, lost 16 games. How are they not going to lose 20 without them? Give me a break.

Reactions: seccats04
That is a roster that with Key and a very impressive top 10 pick PG, Collin Sexton, lost 16 games. How are they not going to lose 20 without them? Give me a break.
Because they may have three future NBA players in Petty, Jones, and Ingram? Also because guys get better from year to year; as Petty and Jones should be really good next year. They will also have experience, I say they are in the tourney again next year at the least.

UK lost a bunch of games with a top 10 pick (Noel).. I'm pretty sure we did ok the following season.

Sounds like he is in a witness protection program. High drama for such a young kid.

Petty and Jones are both talented but they’re gonna have to develop into legit scorers that can create their own shots if Bama is gonna be successful. It’s possible but I just don’t see them being that good next season. I’d be concerned if I was them rolling into the season with Ingram and Johnson Jr as my PG depth

You also forgot their best player in Texas transfer Tevin Mack. Mack averaged 14.8 PPG for Texas and sat out all last year.

They got a medical redshirt for Riley Norris (SF/PF) as well. Norris has been there forever and has started most of the games he's been in over the last four years.

Petty and Jones are both talented but they’re gonna have to develop into legit scorers that can create their own shots if Bama is gonna be successful. It’s possible but I just don’t see them being that good next season. I’d be concerned if I was them rolling into the season with Ingram and Johnson Jr as my PG depth

They got (in addition to Mack and Norris mentioned above) a 4-star PG in Jared Butler. He should give them plenty of PG depth.

They got (in addition to Mack and Norris mentioned above) a 4-star PG in Jared Butler. He should give them plenty of PG depth.
I think Bama will be good in 2019-20 season just bc I think both Petty and Jones are 3 year players. Plus, they’ll probably do anything they can to get Trendon Watford. Not sold on them contending this season though. UK, AU, Tennessee and Miss St will be the class of the SEC

You also forgot their best player in Texas transfer Tevin Mack. Mack averaged 14.8 PPG for Texas and sat out all last year.

They got a medical redshirt for Riley Norris (SF/PF) as well. Norris has been there forever and has started most of the games he's been in over the last four years.
Wow, I forgot about that. They may even be a sweet 16 team next year.

Did you just compare Alabama basketball with Kentucky??
Cool, would you feel better if I said Florida State (Isaacs), and Michigan (Wilson), Kansas (Jackson/Mason) all improved the following year. Or you could follow your buddy Kari's lame theory that if a team loses a good player they might as well shut down the program.

Good point. However ku usually has a good amount of other players, recruits and certainly better coaching. fsu always recruits well and everyone thinks belien is tits.. so until bama does do it it's easy to imagine they will flail.

Cool, would you feel better if I said Florida State (Isaacs), and Michigan (Wilson), Kansas (Jackson/Mason) all improved the following year. Or you could follow your buddy Kari's lame theory that if a team loses a good player they might as well shut down the program.

It's weird that you said what you said because I didn't say what you said I said.

It's weird that you said what you said because I didn't say what you said I said.
Cool... But if sticking to your theory of a 20 loss team Bama would be 11-20. You chose to leave out a bunch of factors to the equation (players improving, transfers, other teams rosters, etc).

With that said, since you're so confident let's bet posting privileges. If BAMA loses 19 or less games next season you never post again, if they lose 20+ I never post again. Bet?

Cool... But if sticking to your theory of a 20 loss team Bama would be 11-20. You chose to leave out a bunch of factors to the equation (players improving, transfers, other teams rosters, etc).

With that said, since you're so confident let's bet posting privileges. If BAMA loses 19 or less games next season you never post again, if they lose 20+ I never post again. Bet?

Settle down there Scoop.

Settle down there Scoop.
I guess that's a no huh? I figured you'd walk it back. Easy to spew asinine comments while being afraid to back them up. Bama has been playing basketball since 1912. They have only lost 20+ games ONCE in program history (105 seasons). A record of 11-20 would give them a winning percentage of 35.4% (would be 6th worst in program history).

Basically you're saying we are about to witness 1 of the worst seasons in BAMA history (which is saying a lot) regardless of the fact the team is returning a bunch of players from their ncaat team (everyone here values experience so much it seems). Sexton was really good, and will be missed there, but BAMA lost a bunch of games due to injuries/players suspended that you aren't accounting for.

Hard to imagine a team who will return a solid core of the NCAA tourney team, 5-6 four star players losing 20 games when they are likely to play 5-7 cupcake teams, both Mississippi schools twice.

"Give me a break", "turn on your freakin brain".
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/alabama/

Oh did we go to the nit both years? Or was one seasons results better than the other?

We wouldn’t have gone to the NIT either year if Noel hadn’t gotten hurt. But your point about wins and losses wasn’t a great one, regardless. It’s ok.

We wouldn’t have gone to the NIT either year if Noel hadn’t gotten hurt. But your point about wins and losses wasn’t a great one, regardless. It’s ok.
Well he did get hurt, and we went to nit, and he went pro (like Sexton) yet we found a way to be national runner up the following season. Losing a good player doesn't guarantee you a worse season the next year (Michigan, fsu, Cuse, Kansas, etc). It's ok.

Well he did get hurt, and we went to nit, and he went pro (like Sexton) yet we found a way to be national runner up the following season. Losing a good player doesn't guarantee you a worse season the next year (Michigan, fsu, Cuse, Kansas, etc). It's ok.

I’m gonna go ahead and give you a gold Star for effort. Good luck to your Tide next year.

I’m gonna go ahead and give you a gold Star for effort. Good luck to your Tide next year.
Hey man, it's all about the stars. I'll give you 2 gold stars for trying to convince me that a 12 loss nit team is better than an or equal to a 11 loss National runner up. Solid work.

Hey man, it's all about the stars. I'll give you 2 gold stars for trying to convince me that a 12 loss nit team is better than an or equal to a 11 loss National runner up. Solid work.

Not sure why you want to keep twisting. Pretty pointless. Just thought your initial point was funny given the facts.

But whatever. Roll Tide I guess. I’m sure they will bring in the top recruiting class next year to continue your stellar analogy.

Reactions: BigKari
Not sure why you want to keep twisting. Pretty pointless. Just thought your initial point was funny given the facts.

But whatever. Roll Tide I guess. I’m sure they will bring in the top recruiting class next year to continue your stellar analogy.
Cool.

I guess that's a no huh? I figured you'd walk it back. Easy to spew asinine comments while being afraid to back them up. Bama has been playing basketball since 1912. They have only lost 20+ games ONCE in program history (105 seasons). A record of 11-20 would give them a winning percentage of 35.4% (would be 6th worst in program history).

Basically you're saying we are about to witness 1 of the worst seasons in BAMA history (which is saying a lot) regardless of the fact the team is returning a bunch of players from their ncaat team (everyone here values experience so much it seems). Sexton was really good, and will be missed there, but BAMA lost a bunch of games due to injuries/players suspended that you aren't accounting for.

Hard to imagine a team who will return a solid core of the NCAA tourney team, 5-6 four star players losing 20 games when they are likely to play 5-7 cupcake teams, both Mississippi schools twice.

"Give me a break", "turn on your freakin brain".
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/alabama/

Look we get it. You're an Alabama fan. Calm down.

Reactions: Aike
If Petty had played for Cal, there is no way he ends up a three year player. He probably would have gone in the draft THIS YEAR. Choosing Bama over UK was a terrible call.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
If Petty had played for Cal, there is no way he ends up a three year player. He probably would have gone in the draft THIS YEAR. Choosing Bama over UK was a terrible call.

Maybe it paid better?

Bama’s a middle of the pack SEC/ bubble team next year at best. They don’t have anyone who can shoot, pass or get to the rim. Petty wasn’t UK material. Volume shooter that gets hot once in awhile. Their crootin class is uninspiring.

Maybe it paid better?
Bama boosters aren't basketball oriented. I doubt they paid better than a first round deal would have. Some kids have to learn the hard way I guess. Cal's track record is about as good as it gets if you want to be drafted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT