ADVERTISEMENT

Bam and Hump in at same time,

At the time UCLA was trying to open up the lane for their guards by pulling the ball to the outside. Cal wanted to shut that down. Hump not much of an offensive threat but he can fill some space.

Willis got his 2nd foul in the first half, Gabriel was beyond lost, so our options were four guards or Bam and Humphries together. We did some of both, but Bam and Hump made for a better lineup. Isaac had a nearly empty stat line (1 rebound, 1 foul) but he kept two rebounds alive tipping them to others, and played good enough defense. Good minutes from him, it was a big deal.

I would do the same on Sunday with Bam at Center and Hump at forward. Bump can score inside and can score from 10 - 15 feet outside and Bam can score inside and both being good rebounding I really liked it and the Defense from both was great inside. I would use Bump and not Gabriel right now. I would love to see this vs. North Carolina on Sunday.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I'm curious how a lineup like Fox, Monk, Willis, Bam, and Humphries would do against UNC? Humphries would eat up some space in the paint and Bam being more mobile could guard the 4 spot. It would give us size to matchup with them at the 3 with Willis that we don't have with Briscoe guarding Jackson. Willis tends to struggle with defending one on one no matter who he guards, but it would give us size they would have to shoot over and rebound against.

That would leave Hawkins and Briscoe to back up the 1 and 2 to keep the guards fresh. You could rotate Gabriel in as well if he gets his head out of his butt. I'm not saying do this the whole game, but if we want to grind it out and rebound with them it is an option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT