ADVERTISEMENT

Bam Adebayo deciding tomorrow

I heard on ESPN radio that Mike and Mike is going to have Cal on as a guest later this morning. Probably just because of the UK/Duke game tonight but still not a bad sign.

Bam+Wenyan+SKJ+Humphries+Wynyard = that's some old school man's men dunk in your face shite. That frontline has it all. Add Monk and UK contends for yet another national title. UK would have four legit top 20 picks, plus two others (SKJ/Humphries) who have 1st round upside.

Cal's dream of 7 draft picks might come in the summer of 2017.

Monk - top 20
Gabriel - top 20
Fox - top 20
Bam - top 20
SKJ - late first/early second round
Humphries - late first/ early second round

Could Matthews or Willis be the 7th?

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Even the NcState boards are saying unless something changes in the next couple hours to change his mind that he is UK bound.

Go Big Blue!!!

I think you're using sound logic. Mike and Mike will be hyping the Champion's Classic tomorrow, and it won't surprise me at all if they (ESPN) already know what Bam's pick will be.

I've listened to Mike and Mike enough to know they don't typically have basketball recruits come on the air to announce.

Wouldn't surprise me if they have Cal come on the air (phone) to talk up the game. He won't be able to discuss Bam unless the kid signs his papers (or already has sent them to UK tonight). Should be an interesting listen tomorrow morning. I'll be dialed in.

You may be spot on. Sounds like something ESPN would do. The letter could be in Cal's office now...thus all of the breaking info and predictions to UK last night. A ton of movement very quickly for just a leak from one of Bam's insiders.

I watched Bam play in the elite 24 and came away thinking he and Alkins were the best players on the floor. Bams motor is what impressed me most( wide freakin open). This would be an awesome get by Cal.

The first time they showed a close up of Alkins on the free throw line, I thought what the hell is Julius Randle doing out there. Kid could pass for Randles twin.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillionthUKFan
According to the show schedule, if Bam's announcing at 9:30, Cal is on at 9:30 as well. So either Cal already has his letter, or he's signing on air. But can Cal comment if UK does not have the letter in hand?

not unless he has a signed letter. original news said he was signing it later today. that might just mean its been signed already and faxed in. i'm pumped

What's the screen name of the poster from NC, the one that Jason Spears calls "Tommy"?

That guy owes a TON of apologies. You have connections to local HS or AAU coaches, and they're telling you that Adebayo is a lock for NC St.? Great, thanks for the info. But DO NOT come on here and be a completely smug jagov towards anyone who holds out some hope that, since, you know, Cal is still obviously recruiting Bam, and, you know, Bam is doing things like making official visits to UK, and isn't actually committed to NC St., that hey, maybe there is a little bit of hope.

Smug certainty never, ever comes off well, and it's especially likely to be remembered when you turn out to be wrong.

think about it....

landed murray late
skj was a commit to uva, opened up got him
wenyen was supposed to go to duke or maryland
fox wasnt a priority until this summer
bam was a lock for nc st

remember when cal said...be grateful i dont recruit your guys.... lol

Reactions: Bobcat94
What's the screen name of the poster from NC, the one that Jason Spears calls "Tommy"?

That guy owes a TON of apologies. You have connections to local HS or AAU coaches, and they're telling you that Adebayo is a lock for NC St.? Great, thanks for the info. But DO NOT come on here and be a completely smug jagov towards anyone who holds out some hope that, since, you know, Cal is still obviously recruiting Bam, and, you know, Bam is doing things like making official visits to UK, and isn't actually committed to NC St., that hey, maybe there is a little bit of hope.

Smug certainty never, ever comes off well, and it's especially likely to be remembered when you turn out to be wrong.

Earlier in the thread he acknowledged things had changed, and that Bam was coming to UK. Anything can happen in recruiting. The days of people calling this kid or that kid a lock for a certain school should be over. You're talking about 17 year old kids.

Reactions: pikespeak1
Earlier in the thread he acknowledged things had changed, and that Bam was coming to UK. Anything can happen in recruiting. The days of people calling this kid or that kid a lock for a certain school should be over. You're talking about 17 year old kids.
Yeah, I see that now, but that's hardly an apology for how incredibly obnoxious he was about it. I barely interacted with him, but his attitude was crappy enough that I put him on ignore.

And you're 100% right on the last part. It's actually almost as bad when someone comes on and says that an unsigned kid is a 100% lock for UK, although, of course, people like reading that, so it's far less likely to come off as confrontational. Regardless, expressing absolute certainty about something that hasn't happened yet, with a complete dismissive attitude (tinged with an "I have insider knowledge" air of superiority) towards anyone who's skeptical about the "absolute" part of that, is as irritating to me as fingernails on a chalkboard.

Yeah, I see that now, but that's hardly an apology for how incredibly obnoxious he was about it. I barely interacted with him, but his attitude was crappy enough that I put him on ignore.

And you're 100% right on the last part. It's actually almost as bad when someone comes on and says that an unsigned kid is a 100% lock for UK, although, of course, people like reading that, so it's far less likely to come off as confrontational. Regardless, expressing absolute certainty about something that hasn't happened yet, with a complete dismissive attitude (tinged with an "I have insider knowledge" air of superiority) towards anyone who's skeptical about the "absolute" part of that, is as irritating to me as fingernails on a chalkboard.

Bam is a 100% lock for UK and anyone who argues otherwise is a delusional idiot and may god have mercy on his/her soul! [winking]

Reactions: oldfanofuk
Hmmm was this Jarrett Allen recruitment a hint to Bam that 'you should commit now cause we are not going to wait on you' type of thing?

Mike and Mike are so clueless on this sort of thing that I can almost guarantee they had no idea who Bam was or that he'd be on the show til probably halfway through their show this morning. I'm not even joking.

Reactions: JustinSphere
lol my bad I just heard about it so didn't know it was common knowledge. and I only come here with good news
It's cool man. You're always welcome! I think Bam's coach spilled the beans to someone so we had a pretty good idea, but your source is pretty close to the situation too so it's good to have the confirmation.

At the gym.. On the running machine just so I can use the TV for mike and mike.. About to lose it. Probably shouldn't be running while this announcement goes off

Reactions: Jkwo
ADVERTISEMENT