ADVERTISEMENT

Bam Adebayo - City of Palms 2015

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
EDRICE “BAM” ADEBAYOHigh Point Christian Academy (High Point, NC); 2016 PF; 6’-9”; 232 lbs (listed as 6’-10” 260 lbs in game tournament program); 5-Star; 247Sports rank #12; Committed to UK 11/17/2015 – One thing that is so good about the City of Palms is that you see most teams play 3-4 games, which gives you a chance to see a player’s true ability. Shot 68% for the 4 games (most shots coming on dunks), hit only 10 of 23 free throws, averaged 18 points/game, and 3 turnovers/game. Shot no 3’s. The first game Bam did a lot of face-up drives, using either hand, going left or right. It’s crazy to see a man this big drive like that. However, he didn’t drive like that in the other 3 games. He looks to make the pass and threw a nice long outlet. Has a good motor, but could be in better shape. Doesn’t rebound as well as someone of his size should. In the final game Bam didn’t do much offensively (7 points) or on the boards (3) again Chaminade (Jayson Tatum). Chaminade wasn’t giving much inside, but High Point was hitting 8 of 13 3’s in this 63-61 win. Bam guarded Jayson Tatum (Duke) most of the game, “holding” Jayson to 26 points. Bam has the body to play center, but I like him at the 4. I couldn’t watch Bam without comparing him to Alex Poythress, so here goes. Bam is bigger than Alex and a stronger dunker – yes, I said stronger. Can drive better than Alex. Doesn’t rebound as well as Alex nor play defense as well. Alex is a better shooter from the 3 probably (Bam didn’t shoot any 3’s in the 4 games). Bam has a man’s body, but not quite as cut as Alex. Is he a OAD? Probably, but let’s see if he can learn as quickly as KAT did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT