ADVERTISEMENT

Ball, George and LeBron as Lakers?

I don't buy it. The NBA doesn't want a team with LeBron playing the Warriors until the finals. He will stay in the East so that there will be a decent finals matchup

Lebron has a house out here in the LA area that was spray painted in a racial slur several weeks ago. So that deal may not be a dream, it could become a reality.

I guess when it comes to LeBron, it really shouldn't surprise anyone if he decided to sign with the Lakers. With what the Warriors have on their roster, if you want a chance to win next year's NBA title, you better be thinking of going somewhere that has legit talent on their roster. It seems Bron could find a better situation to join than what the Lakers can offer. Ball is a special passing player, but who knows if the kid can get his ugly jump shot off against NBA guards. I doubt the kid will be able to defend the elite guards in the NBA. We all know by now wherever Bron decides to sign, that team instantly becomes a playoff contender. If Bron could join a roster close to that of the Warriors, my money is on Bron defeating them. The question is Will there be that type of roster to join? I doubt it. It doesn't happen that often.

I dont expect the Lakers to be flailing along for too much longer. They will get done what they need to get done. Mabye not this season but sooner.

I'll believe it when I see it. George I can buy...not sold on Lebron.

Ball, George and Lebron is not nearly enough to beat the Warriors regardless.

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
Doesn't matter.

Once Hayward signs with the Celtics, Boston is gonna dominate.

Can NOLA get the right pieces to make some noise? Boogie is must see TV. I had a blast watching he and AD together.

I love Lebron, but he's spent most of his career in Cleveland for a reason, and it's not because they've given him a lot to work with. He left briefly for a better shot at a ring and got a couple, then came right back home. He'll do everything he can to get help in Cleveland before he goes anywhere else. And even if he does land elsewhere, no one is beating the Warriors. If the big three stay intact, they'll win the next 4 or 5 titles. Then there's Lebron's age. He's played a ton of minutes. How much is left in his tank?

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Lebron has a house out here in the LA area that was spray painted in a racial slur several weeks ago. So that deal may not be a dream, it could become a reality.

It was never painted with anything, much less racial slurs. Fake. Damn. News.

Ball could not hold Kyrie's jock. Lebron attracts all the attention and gets the ball to the right players. He needs surrounded with shooters and finishers. I don't see Ball as a good compliment to Lebron at all.

My gut feeling is that if Lebron really does come to LA next season, it will be as a Clipper.

But, he's going to look at this from every possible marketing and dollar maximization angle before making a decision, as I believe that is going to play a major part of the last few years of his career.

For the Clippers, it likely starts with retaining Paul, possibly Blake, and maybe acquiring Carmelo (on the cheap). (Ditching DeAndre probably wouldn't hurt either). If they still have a nice nucleus heading into next off-season, I could see Lebron joining them.

Now, if Lonzo truly shows himself to be a transcendent PG, then maybe Lebron decides to play with him, as long as another star comes along. He knows that a core of those 3 will attract veterans on the cheap, it almost always does.

For now, though, I think the Clippers have the edge.

ADVERTISEMENT