ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield Dashes Kentucky Fans’ Hopes

Jan 8, 2003
Please tell me y’all caught the end of the Rams game, wondering whether UK’s OC announcement was really on the line. SMDH.

Reactions: KMKAT
Are the Rams the first team to have three quarterbacks in three years who were #1 overall draft picks?

Reactions: EliteBlue
The Raiders coach needs fired tonight for allowing a team that played a QB it just signed 2 days ago with half of the rest of the team injured to BEAT him!!!!

Josh McDaniel SUCKS!!!!!
No no no it’s our next QB coach who is a genius!

This will have no effect on Coen coming here or not. It may postpone it. But I feel that dog has been hunted. No matter the outcome in regards to our OC hire, tonight’s game was not a factor in it. JMO.

Reactions: TomBlue14
Not saying it's scripted, but between the Rams/Bucs, Saints/Bucs, and tonight's game (with the leading team going full-retard to choke away a win), it makes you wonder. Surely the coaches/players are not that stupid. It's like they're told to make the game interesting, then whatever happens, happens. The winner is not predetermined, but they want an exciting finish to an otherwise, poorly played game.

Reactions: Girthang
If he really is interested in the job, why can't he just announce that at the end of their season he will be taking the OC job at Kentucky? Looks like he is holding out for a better job. The longer this drags out the harder it will be to wrap up recruiting the portal and recruiting current players to stay.

It could also be that people jumped to conclusions and he isn't the one were waiting on. He might be but we won't know for sure until this is over. We need it done and announced before the signing period. If I were a recruit, I wouldn't go on just the word of the head coach that Coach ________ will be here when you get here. I want them actually at the job.

It could actually be that he wants to focus on and finish the job he's already committed to....
Can't opt out when you have a contract

Reactions: billoliver40
This will have no effect on Coen coming here or not. It may postpone it. But I feel that dog has been hunted. No matter the outcome in regards to our OC hire, tonight’s game was not a factor in it. JMO.
So you are saying with 100% certainty Coen is the UKs next OC?

Does anyone remember us losing a RB coach to another gig even though we'd already signed the guy we wanted to a deal 2 years ago? Anyone? There can always be changes that happen quickly, until he's moved into a house here in the Lexington area, always other possible jobs he could be lured away to until he's officially coaching in spring ball. Even then something could come up

You'd think UK fans would know better than to count their chickens before they've hatched.

ADVERTISEMENT