ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley,Zion Wiiliamson,Quickley and Cam Reddish would be the number 1 class.

I think Bagley and Reddish are somewhat long shots. I don't see Bagley leaving the west coast, and Reddish has a lot of people pushing him to Duke.

I think Zion and Quickley are very possible, and I think we complement them with guys like Moses Brown or Naz Reid, or perhaps Bol Bol - although I think Zona may be in drivers seat for Bol.

Louis King and Langford are also possibilities. If I had to guess who we'll get at this point, I'd say Zion, Quickley, King, Reid, and Brown.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Don't forget Pitino said he will have his best class ever next season..He thinks he's getting Langford

Can't see us getting all four. Bagley and Williamson won't be on the same team, IMHO.

I think we end up splitting with Zona for Bagley and Bol.

I think we split with Duke for Langford, Barrett (reclassifies), and Reddish with the odd man going elsewhere.

Williamson is a complete mystery to me. I've read on here that he won't leave the state of South Carolina. I've heard Duke and UNC. Just don't have a read on him.

Quickley is the one we probably have the best shot at.

Right now, I think we get Quickley, Langford, King, and Bol as our class with a couple more 4-stars.

I like those four because they will be with Cal all summer with the U19 team. Gives Cal a great advantage.

Reddish and Langford probably go to different schools, which is why I didn't include him. He's suppose to be a huge Duke lean anyway.

I think Bagley and Reddish are somewhat long shots. I don't see Bagley leaving the west coast, and Reddish has a lot of people pushing him to Duke.

I think Zion and Quickley are very possible, and I think we complement them with guys like Moses Brown or Naz Reid, or perhaps Bol Bol - although I think Zona may be in drivers seat for Bol.

Louis King and Langford are also possibilities. If I had to guess who we'll get at this point, I'd say Zion, Quickley, King, Reid, and Brown.

This is a pretty solid projection. I will say this, the last few years have shown up that recruiting under Calipari really features one ultimate truth: that he will consistently land 3 to 6 five star guys in each class, and often about half of those guys are not who we thought they’d be. Bam, Skal, Murray, Knox, and Green are all examples of guys most of us thought were not going to Kentucky at this point in their recruitments, and in many cases, right up until their decision.

That said, I won’t be surprised if any of the elite guys pick UK. That goes for Bagely and Reddish as well.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
This is a pretty solid projection. I will say this, the last few years have shown up that recruiting under Calipari really features one ultimate truth: that he will consistently land 3 to 6 five star guys in each class, and often about half of those guys are not who we thought they’d be. Bam, Skal, Murray, Knox, and Green are all examples of guys most of us thought were not going to Kentucky at this point in their recruitments, and in many cases, right up until their decision.

That said, I won’t be surprised if any of the elite guys pick UK. That goes for Bagely and Reddish as well.

This is so true.

Remember people expecting a Newman, Brown, Diallo, and Zimmerman class?

How about Simmons and Bridges supposedly being locks?

We have no shot at Bam?

The Twins and Randle will not play together?

I don't doubt that people get good info and post it on here, but when it comes to 18 year old kids, it's impossible to know anything for certain.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

As usual, we as a fanbase don't really have a clue on who we will get. Don't make me bring up examples, lol. Accept the facts.

I know number one classes rankings are from quantity as well as quality but whichever team get Bagley should be the number one class.

I read someone talking about some ignore button last week. What's that do and how's it work? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: BleedinBlue85
Reddish is a guy who would solve a ton of issues next year on the perimeter, kind of like Knox will be this upcoming season. In Reddish's case, 6'7" to 6'8" and capable of defending four positions; a very good shooter; and long as they come.

After Bagley, he's the guy I want most. I know Zion has the hype, but Reddish actually would fit a massive need for UK once UK likely loses Knox, Vanderbilt, and Diallo. I'd prefer not to have to watch Washington at small forward all season next year. The young man is clearly a stretch four and would excel there as a sophomore.

I think we get Bol instead of Zion and one of either Langford or Reddish. I don't see either of those 2 player's choosing the same team.

If I were to make a guess, I would go with Bagley, Bol, Langford, Quickley, Reid, and King. Most all recruiting "experts" that contribute, have us leading by a LARGE margin for Bagley, Bol, Reid, Quickley, and King, according to the great and magical crystal ball, except for Langford (They have UL leading, but with their recent shenanigans, I feel good about UK's chances). Zion, Reddish, Ja'vonte Smart, Moses Brown, Khavon Moore, and Jaedon Ledee are also somewhat possible, IMO. Though most give us little to no chance with Zion or Reddish.

I think Bagley or Zion, Bol, Quickley, Langford or Reddish, Reid, and King are currently the top targets, but with Cal, all you have to go by is who we have offered, for the most part. I wouldn't be surprised if Quickley, Reid, Bol, or King committed sometime in the near future.

Most articles I have read, opinions I have derived from reading players tweets, and guessing by the lack of other programs not seeming to even be recruiting them much, I think Zion and Reddish are real long shots and Bol and Bagley are both leaning to UK. Quickley, Reid, and King appear to be HEAVY leans at this point. Quickley would be my best bet for our first commitment in the class. I think he has already shut his recruiting down and told Cal yes, but they are waiting for the right time to announce, to be honest, Bol and King may be in similar situations.

Other people will say that we have little chance at Bol or Bagley, but if you read the signs and look at what the recruiting "experts" are betting on, Bol and Bagley are UK bound while Zion and Reddish have little chance of ending up in Lexington. I will go with the "experts" on this. The only player that we are not favored for that I believe we have a real chance at is Romeo Langford.

Who knows at this point. Anything can happen. It just feels so good to be listed as such a heavy favorite for so many 5* players at this juncture. Whoever we end up with in this incredible class will give us a real shot at another title. Whether it is only 2 of Bol, Bagley, Zion, Reddish, and Langford, which I think is the worst case scenario. Players like Reid, Quickly, and King combined with 2 of the top 5 will give us another #1 class and #1 pre-season ranking regardless. If any of those 3 go elsewhere, I believe that if Cal put a high priority on Moses Brown, Jaedon Ladee, or Khavon Moore, we could see them in the class instead or maybe added. It just looks like Reid, Quickley, and King are the most likely players to join whichever of the top 5 Calipari manages to get, in my personal opinion.

I see us signing 6 with 4 Early Entrees between Knox, JV, Diallo, and Richards, plus one more departure due to transfer or early entree out of Green, WG, SKJ, Tai, Washington, Baker, and Shai, and Cal using one of the 2 open scholarships we currently have on such an awesome class that is so talented at the top and as deep as I have seen in a long time. I think if any of the top 5 2018 recruits reclassified to 2017, they would be #1 ahead of Porter. That is crazy to consider!

All in my COMPLETELY worthless opinion as always. Feel free to disagree with my entire post! I am just typing out what I see happening behind the scenes based on my personal opinion.

WOW! I really expected Louis King to move up in the rankings in a big way (+15 in 247's recent rankings to #18, #20 composite ranking), but didn't expect to see Ja'vonte Smart rated so low by 247 (31) while his composite ranking is down at #16 overall! He was the #1 PG in the class this time last year and looked like a good shot at being Cal's #1 PG priority. Obviously, Cal knew what he was doing by making Quickley his #1 priority at PG! Quickley is such a great player that seeing him ranked 16th by 247 and #9 overall shows the type of depth this class has.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as usual!

Bagley's staying local,,,that's why the inexplicable inclusion of usc in his visits. Kansas, Ky, dook are all courtesy visits

Bagley's staying local,,,that's why the inexplicable inclusion of usc in his visits. Kansas, Ky, dook are all courtesy visits
Please enlighten all of us and reveal your source and how you know this. You seem to of forgot that part when you posted this before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT