ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley visiting UCLA, no visit scheduled for UK

Canned Heat

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
Bagley is thought to be mainly considering Duke, UCLA and USC.

The 6-11 athlete took an official visit to Duke a couple of weeks ago, during the second July evaluation period, and then USC during the third evaluation period of July.

He was supposed to officially visit Arizona last week but that trip was cancelled. The explanation we heard is that Arizona recognized they weren't getting him and cancelled it.

Bagley is also thought to be considering Kansas and Kentucky, but there is no plan for visits at this time.

It sounds like to me, that we are out of this race, which sucks, but hopefully he stays away from Duke.

Cal is pretty big on loyalty! However, my assumption is that Cal is recruiting Bagley but not for this class. Then again, Bagley's may not be interested in UK if reclassification is granted. May look crowded to him...not sure why if he's all of that though.

Reactions: UKvisitor
I still think cal and Kentucky is just being too quiet about this. Would cal really let a player like him go without a fight?
You could be right, however when I see Kentucky/Cal not in the forefront of a player, hints the Cal adage: "Kentucky is not for everyone.". I'd like to see him wearing Kentucky but if he doesn't, I trust in Cal's recruiting. He gets quality people with his efforts.

Cal is pretty big on loyalty! However, my assumption is that Cal is recruiting Bagley but not for this class. Then again, Bagley's may not be interested in UK if reclassification is granted. May look crowded to him...not sure why if he's all of that though.

That's my take. He'd love him to come if he would play here next year.

It's all rumor and speculation but the rumor mill is that Bagley is not a very strong student and only has a 50/50 shot of getting the required course work done in time to be able to re-classify. It may all be a moot point.

Reactions: UKvisitor
Him re-classifying looks to be a very long shot. School starts in a couple of weeks at most schools.
Cal is no doubt interested in Bagley, but usually doesn't waste time on recruits for various of reasons. Could be that he gets the vibe that Bagley is not really into UK. Who knows.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Hopefully, if Bagley doesn't come to UK he goes to USC. That way he becomes insignificant in the title picture scene.

Who knows, Bags (my new nickname for Bagley) may decide to go the Hamidou Diallo route and join the team 2nd semester. Jmho

Usc is gonna be better than duke this year, i'm wanting them to stay as far away from bagley as possible. I personally hope he opts to play overseas like mudiay for a year..

Maybe Cal loves what he's seeing from Richards and or Jones and doesn't want to rattle any cages...
Uh no, why would we recruit Bamba then, and also tell Bamba we are recruiting bagley?
He did with Tre Duval and DeAndre Ayton and a handful of other elite guys who should/will never be eligible.
I mean it seems like those guys got eligible, I'd love to have Ayton on this team. Only thing this team is truly lacking is a Center that can score. Maybe some lacking guard depth as well

I would be ecstatic if UK got Barrett. Bagley is very good, but not much gap, if any, between him and Barrett IMO. Either is a game changer type player. If UK gets Barrett and no Bagley, I am still ecstatic. Doubtful Bagley crosses the Mighty Missisipp to play ball.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
There's no doubt that Barrett is a great talent. But after watching video (yes, including his shredding of team USA), I personally believe that Bagley is still the better NBA prospect. Most scouts agree. What's so hard to understand?
Nothing to understand. I just disagree for your love fest with Bagley. Barrett is my love interest for future UK recruits.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Can we please cut the shit about Bagley being overrated or not special? He's been the best amateur player in the world for about two years now.

He isn't coming here but he didn't get worse than he was six months ago when everyone penciled him into their imaginary starting lineups.

Zion was overrated when folks thought he'd stay close to home and if Barrett goes somewhere else he'll probably slide back behind Langford or Reddish or whoever our fans like when they think we lead for them.

Can we please cut the shit about Bagley being overrated or not special? He's been the best amateur player in the world for about two years now.

He isn't coming here but he didn't get worse than he was six months ago when everyone penciled him into their imaginary starting lineups.

Zion was overrated when folks thought he'd stay close to home and if Barrett goes somewhere else he'll probably slide back behind Langford or Reddish or whoever our fans like when they think we lead for them.
He is a special talent. Is he the best prospect of the last ten or fifteen years? No way. He wouldn't get a shot off against the 18 year old Anthony Davis. No shit to cut on my end. ;)

Cal has dodged (steered away from) many many character-issue great players. Not to say Bagley is one, but I certainly trust Cal no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT