ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley plays zero defense

What's up with the ACC and Big 10 already playing conference games?

And every coach in college and the NBA would take him on their team and do a cartwheel. He must be super embarrassed.

That is what I have been trying to say....as soon as he faces good big mean its going to be exposed city!

That is what I have been trying to say....as soon as he faces good big mean its going to be exposed city!
I mean, he did still have 15 and 12. I hate Duke as much as anyone, but the kid is probably the best player in college basketball this year.

I mean, he did still have 15 and 12. I hate Duke as much as anyone, but the kid is probably the best player in college basketball this year.
When he has to face a star big man its going to be bad, because he is not strong and plays zero defense. For example, someone like Randolph Morris would punish the kid. I said in another thread, i think he would have trouble with our bigs

Reactions: TM2013
He's hugely talented, but questioning his D and his commitment to winning is NOT a totally unfounded thing just based on hating Duke. These are things that have been noted while he was in HS and playing AAU ball.

Bagley is an incredible athlete for his size. He's one of the best rebounders I've ever seen- he makes quick moves to the ball, and then gets up WAAAAY higher than most players are capable of, and he does it in a split-second. But when you watch him on D, there very much is the feeling that he's kind of bored, and thinking "when is it my turn?" That's a long way away from someone like AD, or any player who's a real 2 way stud.

Reactions: TM2013 and brianpoe
I'm taking Ayton>Bagley. If the dude had any help at all there's no telling how good his team would be. Averaging around 20 and 10 with the guards jacking up ridiculous shots. He plays D too.

Reactions: kyups01 and Catzman
I'm taking Ayton>Bagley. If the dude had any help at all there's no telling how good his team would be. Averaging around 20 and 10 with the guards jacking up ridiculous shots. He plays D too.
But Ayton will never be eligible to play college basketball remember. At least that's what we were told .

Reactions: Pizza Slice
Because of the refs and NCAA favoritism, it will "appear" that Bagely is all-galaxy, but when he gets to the NBA he will be exposed as Jokafor part two. Quite a shame really.

Because of the refs and NCAA favoritism, it will "appear" that Bagely is all-galaxy, but when he gets to the NBA he will be exposed as Jokafor part two. Quite a shame really.
Oh come on. Have you ever watched basketball?

Bagley is the anti-Okafor.

Oh come on. Have you ever watched basketball?

Bagley is the anti-Okafor.

Okafor doesn't play defense either. Definitely better than Okafor on offense. Point being, Bagely won't be challenged due being coddled and it won't help him get better over the course of the year.

Okafor doesn't play defense either. Definitely better than Okafor on offense. Point being, Bagely won't be challenged due being coddled and it won't help him get better over the course of the year.
Okafor doesn't play defense in large part because he can't. He's not particularly long, he's not very quick or explosive at all. He struggles on D in much the same way Enes Kanter does (though Kanter is a vastly better overall player). Okafor made a living in college with really good post skills in a very large frame.

Bagley, to whatever extent he focuses on D right now, is the exact opposite of that. You can't ask for a much better athleticism in a near 7 foot body.

Reactions: Willy4UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT