ADVERTISEMENT

Bad UL Fan Working in Lexington

ORCAT

All-American
Jan 7, 2003
Lexington, KY
Stopped for some lunch at a place just off Nicholasville Road yesterday after the UK football fan day. Guy (maybe in mid 50's) took our order and served our food to us and we sat down to eat (fast food Mexican place). After a short while and when no one else was at the service counter he came out changed into a UL jersey and UL hat and started talking with us. Thought the guy was kinda OK at first and that maybe he wasn't all that bad. That changed quickly when he told me that he loved giving UK football players a hard time when they came in to eat. I said, after last season's game, he couldn't really give UK football guys too hard a time now. His response was that everyone gets lucky now and then. He then went off onto the subject of Calipari and the UK basketball program and ripped on us all the way through our "discussion". Said the typical stuff like Cal can't coach, should have way more titles than 1 and that the one and done stuff was horrible, etc. He also had to go on about what Cal did at UMASS and Memphis would also happen at UK and we would end up in trouble as trouble is all Cal is about. Yes, I defended every point he brought up and threw stuff back at him such as the prostitution scandal at UL, the sex thing in a restaurant with Pitino, and on and on. He never would answer a single question I challenged him with and then started saying he "know's" Cal knew all the stuff about Camby and Rose and just cheated. Of course, I was able to defend all that but he ignored whatever I said. When I challenged him about Pitino knowing what happened at UL he just said he didn't know that Pitino knew a thing about it at all. I asked him how he could say he personally knew, for a fact, that Cal knew about Camby and Rose and that he cheated yet he didn't know anything about what Pitino knew. He refused to answer and tried changing the subject. He asked me who the last team to win the national title in Kentucky was I told him UK. He said, no, UL in 2013. I answered saying that title will be removed so it is UK. He totally believed UL will not have the title stripped. There was lots more and I got pretty hot towards the end as he would never answer a question and just tried changing the topic when I pushed him. I walked out more convinced than ever that all UL fans are just total jerks. Thinking I may not stop in to eat at that place again. Anyway, just had to vent about my experience with a UL fan living and working here in Lexington. Any of you have similar experiences/stories?

This sums up about every encounter I have with uofl fans. Morons.

My wife got ripped on shopping in a Louisville mall one Christmas. She was wearing a UK shirt and looking at UK gear in the store when this guy approached her and started bad mouthing her pretty bad. Thing is, he was a guy like in his 80's and his daughter had to come over to stop him from giving my wife such a bad time. Idiots, even at Christmas time.

Any way to clarify which restaurant it was for BBN? You know how the BBN moves on things to get things changed.This guy could be looking for work in L'ville tomorrow.

Salsarita's Fresh Cantina off Nicholasville Road in the shopping center where Kroger is located.

Reactions: Deli owl
Reminds of a run in I had with one right after Cal took the job. I was at 3rd Street Live eating dinner with a girl in from out of town. U of L was playing an exhibition game that night. Left dinner and was going up in the elevator to our car when I see a guy, his wife and kid come through the door so I decided to be nice an hit the door open button so they didn't have to wait. I saw they were U of L fans but didn't care. The chick I was with wound up telling him I was a UK fan. Instead of thanking me for saving the elevator for him he decided to be a jerk. He asked when we were going to have to start vacating games. It didn't work out well for him because I said how much I liked the Cross he was wearing and that we would be vacating games sometime after Rick Pitino murdered his next child. His wife was as mad at him as I have ever seen a woman be at a man.

He's just being a jerk because he's a former Louisville grad and that's the best job he could find or he's on work release and pissed that he got caught. He thought he was still in Louisville and didn't realize that if you get arrested in Lexington you go to jail.

My wife got ripped on shopping in a Louisville mall one Christmas. She was wearing a UK shirt and looking at UK gear in the store when this guy approached her and started bad mouthing her pretty bad. Thing is, he was a guy like in his 80's and his daughter had to come over to stop him from giving my wife such a bad time. Idiots, even at Christmas time.

They are so mad at this happening at their school before it happened to Cal and UK they lash out now.

It's this weird phenomenon now where a culprit will actually take pride in what used to be socially unacceptable. We have whole groups of people blindly loyal to organizations and people that do the exact opposite of what they claim they do.

They are so mad at this happening at their school before it happened to Cal and UK they lash out now.

It's this weird phenomenon now where a culprit will actually take pride in what used to be socially unacceptable. We have whole groups of people blindly loyal to organizations and people that do the exact opposite of what they claim they do.

Oh ya, they're definitely super mad. It's rather glorious. Allllll those threads , predictions etc about Cal and UK having banners/ wins vacated and here are and it's UL that cheated and will be the only school in NCAA basketball history ***** to have a title vacated.

They're having to vacate SO many games that they literally fall out of the (top 20?) in all time wins.

They pretend they're aren't mad, they pretend they're not jealous ... but we know and they know they are.

I deal with a couple of prosecutors who are UL fans in a few counties I practice. I don't mention sports. I also don't mention politics or religion. I'm not going to have my clients suffer from the blow back from someone who may take the discussions personally.
I have found UL fans in general to be jackasses, particularly when it comes to UK. Their seething hatred and inferiority complex about UK has helped shape my disdain for their cheating, ghetto commuter school. I have no close friends who are UL fans and never will.

Oh ya, they're definitely super mad. It's rather glorious. Allllll those threads , predictions etc about Cal and UK having banners/ wins vacated and here are and it's UL that cheated and will be the only school in NCAA basketball history ***** to have a title vacated.

They're having to vacate SO many games that they literally fall out of the (top 20?) in all time wins.

They pretend they're aren't mad, they pretend they're not jealous ... but we know and they know they are.

Frank, I certainly hope you are right but I have this fear that the NCAA will cave in and not make UL the first to ever have a title removed. Definitely they should have it removed but will the NCAA do the right thing in the end? Past decisions make me dubious about them doing the right thing, especially when it comes to a team in the exalted ACC. Know what I mean? But, I'm really pulling for you to be right on this one.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
27936.png

I destroy UL fans they dont even bother to try and engage with me any more.. Even my Aunt and Cousin s from Louisville.. They put their head down when they see me..

Yeah, they can't really say much these days. It's like being in an alternate universe when they try tho!

Last edited:
Reactions: ORCAT
I deal with a couple of prosecutors who are UL fans in a few counties I practice. I don't mention sports. I also don't mention politics or religion. I'm not going to have my clients suffer from the blow back from someone who may take the discussions personally.
I have found UL fans in general to be jackasses, particularly when it comes to UK. Their seething hatred and inferiority complex about UK has helped shape my disdain for their cheating, ghetto commuter school. I have no close friends who are UL fans and never will.

My tard buddy always has his ass in the air when the "UL / Cal's a cheater" talk begins but after three or four beers he agrees 100% about how nasty their program is, wanting all of them gone and the Cal talk is quickly over. My point being, they all know what kind of cheating dump UL is but will only admit it when they get juiced...

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Ya I totally get what you're saying. See you seem genuine with your "timidness " of ensuring the UL banners will come down. Perfectly understandable... unlike other "UK fans" on this board/ the UL threads who are very clearly butt hurt and scared of the banners coming down. They should just take off the *Gloves* and *CUT*(43) it out. ;)

But I mean, the NCAA pretty much {already} vacated the wins/ title. If louisville hadn't appealed - the banners and wins would be donezo.

However they did appeal ,so here we are .

That being said , I could very well be wrong and the NCAA could cave and let the birds skate. If they do they better get ready tho bc every school will use UL as an excuse to basically cheat.

Totally get what you're saying and especially about the excuse for other schools to cheat. But, aren't they already doing that by dragging their feet with UNC? UNC has been cheating for far longer than UL and has been under investigation for a rather long time with no results. It's stuff like that which concerns me about the cowardice of the NCAA when it comes to handing down tough punishment for certain schools and conferences. Do you think they would have already decided if it were UK involved in what either of those schools have done? We would have been fried by now. That's my point and concern.

Totally get what you're saying and especially about the excuse for other schools to cheat. But, aren't they already doing that by dragging their feet with UNC? UNC has been cheating for far longer than UL and has been under investigation for a rather long time with no results. It's stuff like that which concerns me about the cowardice of the NCAA when it comes to handing down tough punishment for certain schools and conferences. Do you think they would have already decided if it were UK involved in what either of those schools have done? We would have been fried by now. That's my point and concern.

Oh ya- absolutely. If this were Cal/ UK there would
Be dozens of headlines every day. They would
Have vacated our banner and wins in like 48 hours . No appeal. Nothin.

UNC is "bigger" than UL. UNC is the media darling. UL ... not so much. Outside of Jefferson county , UL basketball is somewhat irrelevant. I mean... lol I'll never forget - the day after UL won the title
(Which has now been vacated lol) the biggest story on espn, twitter etc was our insane recruiting class. Even when they won the title and we had just lost in the NIT... they were still - literally - in UK's shadow.

Anyways , I think the NCAA feels like they have to show some "power " so to speak, and they may not have the balls to do it to UNC; so they'll show out when it comes to UL.

I still think UNC gets hammered , but yeah. Possible they don't I suppose. All this talk about the possibility of the banner (UL) staying is making me *somewhat* question if it will happen. But I'm pretty positive it will. At least we can hope! Lol

Reactions: ORCAT
I said this to a UL fan and it stopped his garbage immediately. Capiluto, Barnhart, Calapari and Stoops vs Ramsey, Jurich, Pitino and Petrino. What a contrast... Who would you want your family around?

Hear! Hear! Counselor!

Last edited:
Reactions: irishcat1965
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT