ADVERTISEMENT

B J BOSTON JR -Spalding HoopHall Classic (Jan 2020)

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
(Jan 2020) – B J BOSTON JR – Sierra Canyon School (Chatsworth, CA) – 2020 Spalding HoopHall Classic. 2020 class. 6’6”; 175 lbs; SG; Ranked #15, 5-star by 247Sports. Committed to UK. Beat an over-matched Dominican H. S. (Milwaukee, WI) 90-57, in which he got 17 points on 7-14 FG and 2-5 3’s, 4 Rebs, 10 assists (10!), 2 TO’s, and 5 steals. Big numbers, but now a worthy opponent. Lost 70-62 to Paul VI Catholic H. S. (Fairfax, VA), a well-coached, talented team led by Jeremy Roach (Duke) and junior Trevor Keels. Boston had 20 points on 8-17 FG’s, 1-4 3’s, 6 Rebs, 1 assist, 5 TO’s and 2 steals. BJ likes to pass and get his teammates involved. Even though he looks to pass, he gets plenty of shots off as well. I love his high-arching jumper. I’ve heard him compared to Brandon Ingram, but I think that is more a comparison to his body than his game. Boston is very thin and will, just like most college freshmen, have to gain some muscle. Unlike the high school version of Ingram, Boston often goes inside and doesn’t mind battling on the boards. Before a sold-out crowd (I have never seen HoopHall sold out for the final 3 days!) he had several crowd-pleasing dunks. Even though his defense is not college caliber yet, he seems to take pride in it and looks to guard the hot player. He’s long, quick with the ball, plays hard, drives, rebounds, passes, and plays D. What else could you want?

ADVERTISEMENT