ADVERTISEMENT

Avery Williamson to the Jets

My father was upset too. He’s a Titans season ticket holder and always wore his Avery Williamson jersey to games. Gotta get a Woodyard one now lol.

Damn, as a Titans fan I hate lose lose him

Agreed. I wanted him back. He rejected the Titans' $4 mil/yr offer to go to the Jets. I don't know what they paid for him....yet.

That being said, he's a class act on the field and off of it. He represented the state of Tennessee well, the Wildcats well, and the Titans well. I wish him the best of luck.

He rejected four years and $12 million from the Titans.

He got three years and $22.5 from the Jets. $16 million is guaranteed.

Stupid TItans.
The NFL as a whole is pretty ruthless at pushing unwanted players out the door. I don't fault the players at all for striving to get the maximum guaranteed money they can in their contract, because unlike baseball, their team can release them pretty much on a whim and not have to pay.

Each team has to consider their roster, their salary cap, etc. when deciding who to keep, who to let walk out the door, who to bring in, etc. Strictly a business decision. I'm pretty bummed that Jordy Nelson got let go by the Packers, but that's what it is - business.

Reactions: KintuckyWildCayuts
As a Titans fan I’m glad we didn’t overpay for him but as a Cats fan makes me sad he left but happy he got paid. Titans made big moves with Malcom Butler and Dion Lewis

Simply a business decision. I think the Titans are a team on the rise but I also think the Jets figure to be an improved team as well.

Simply a business decision. I think the Titans are a team on the rise but I also think the Jets figure to be an improved team as well.

Agreed. The Titans didn't feel that he was worthy of a 3 down LB contract, the Jets did. I wish Avery the best. May be improve his pass coverage and make some Pro Bowls.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I imagine the Jets were playing a "competitive tax". They tend to have to overpay FA to get them to come.

Congrats Avery.

I'd probably move to New York for that deal.

Long ago, but I was in the Army with a guy from downtown New York, accent and all, that didn't know anything about cars, said no one could afford the parking. He called me the "All American Boy" because I didn't smoke, drink, or swear, at the time, and was into sports.

I'd live up around Saugerties and fly my personal hovercraft into the city every day.

ADVERTISEMENT