ADVERTISEMENT

Average Margin of Victory of 75 Points

Bigkyfan10

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2005
Just a reminder that the 2017 team won their 2 exhibition games by an average margin of 75 points per game(one of those game they won by 93 points). The 2015 team loss one of their exhibition games by one point. I believe that exhibition games do show us some things but not everything. I believe that there will be some bumps in the road this season, but I like my team. Hopefully this will be a fun and dominant season with a happy ending, just not undefeated talk haha.

Reactions: Elliott Tim
Where did we go in '17?
? Elite Eight... After the team started 7-0 and were killing opponents by an average of 30 or 40 points a game, I doubt there was a single person on here that would predict that they would lose 6 games and not make the final four. If I remember correctly some people we're even saying the team could possibly be the greatest team in Kentucky Basketball history.

Just a reminder that the 2017 team won their 2 exhibition games by an average margin of 75 points per game(one of those game they won by 93 points). The 2015 team loss one of their exhibition games by one point. I believe that exhibition games do show us some things but not everything. I believe that there will be some bumps in the road this season, but I like my team. Hopefully this will be a fun and dominant season with a happy ending, just not undefeated talk haha.

You're counting preseason exhibition games as the same thing as the international exhibitions that we have every 4 years. Not comparable in any way. This team could very well play in the preseason exhibition games and win by 90+ on average, nobody will be surprised.

? Elite Eight... After the team started 7-0 and were killing opponents by an average of 30 or 40 points a game, I doubt there was a single person on here that would predict that they would lose 6 games and not make the final four. If I remember correctly some people we're even saying the team could possibly be the greatest team in Kentucky Basketball history.

Yeah that 2017 team lost on a last second shot to the eventual national champions. Your point?

I'm talking about for the exhibition games. Where'd we go and who did we play in '17?

and no, NOBODY was saying that team would be the greatest in UK history. No one. In fact that is one of the top 5 dumbest things I've ever read on here. Put the bottle down and go to bed before you proclaim Briscoe the best player ever to wear the blue and white.

You're counting preseason exhibition games as the same thing as the international exhibitions that we have every 4 years. Not comparable in any way. This team could very well play in the preseason exhibition games and win by 90+ on average, nobody will be surprised.
They could but they could also only win by an average 30-50 points in their next exhibition games. Or they could even win their next exhibition game by 100 points, but like in 2017 it doesn't necessarily mean a magical season. Hopefully they will do well this year though. I know one thing though and that is they are much better than I thought they would be.

Greatest team in our history? What crazy ass ever said that? I need to know who to put on ignore.

Reactions: ganner918
Dude you’re including the Asbury College game (153-63) into your average. They would have lost by double digits to any of these teams we played this week.

They could but they could also only win by an average 30-50 points in their next exhibition games. Or they could even win their next exhibition game by 100 points, but like in 2017 it doesn't necessarily mean a magical season. Hopefully they will do well this year though. I know one thing though and that is I enjoy the taste of penis and they are much better than I thought they would be.

You realize this is a totally different level of competition than teams like Clarion and Asbury right? As in....not in the same universe. Those kids arent even on scholarship...these are professional basketball players.

You cant just say well it was an exhibition so they must all be totally equal competition. That's not only stupid, its borderline insane.

No way this guy isn't a troll. Way too clueless.

Last edited:
They could but they could also only win by an average 30-50 points in their next exhibition games. Or they could even win their next exhibition game by 100 points, but like in 2017 it doesn't necessarily mean a magical season. Hopefully they will do well this year though. I know one thing though and that is they are much better than I thought they would be.

You realize this is a totally different level of competition than teams like Clarion and Asbury right? As in....not in the same universe. Those kids arent even on scholarship...these are professional basketball players.

You cant just say well it was an exhibition so they must all be totally equal competition. That's not only stupid, its borderline insane.

No way this guy isn't a troll. Way too clueless.
I'm not a troll or clueless. I showed examples of playing against professionals and not playing professionals.

I
Main difference is Defense and reliable post play. 2017 was an offensive behemoth, but couldnt pay for a defensive stop...
I'm talking bout monk n fox team

Where? Where did you show this? Now you're lying too...

You're completely clueless and the best thing would be to tuck your tail and hope this thread goes away quietly.

Everything that you've said has been completely off, starting with comparing essentially D3 competition to PROFESSIONAL teams that have had quite a bit of success in their respective leagues from all we've heard. It's not even close. You're comparing a poodle to a pitbull. Nemo to Jaws. You to Me.

Literally nobody said that. He just made it up...

Yeah, I never heard that craziness.
Example 1. A guy named KWilt43atbuzz posted a thread on 11/07/16 after the Asbury game stating that this team was the most talented UK team ever and that included the 1996 team.

Example 2. Mr. Lair started a thread on 11/28/16 after the ASU game asking if the team was better than the 38-1 team and he stated that he believed so.

Example 3. GOING FOR #9 titles a thread on 11/28/16 This team is better than the 38-1's

That's just three examples. Truat me, there's plenty more.

Last edited:
Both of which are terrible posters. Look at some of the other stuff those two have said and see if you wanna be on that team.

But seriously, you can post a million examples and not one of them is going to be from anyone credible because nobody with a lick of sense will say that, and it doesn't change the fact that it's totally off base and frankly just stupid.

Monk/Fox/Bam team was NEVER close to being as good as the 38-1 team at any point during the season. If they played, the 38-1 team would win by 20 easily.

on 7/21/15 BowWowCat posted that bigfanky10 craps his pants and doesn't even clean up. He tracks poop all over the place when he does this.

It was posted on the internet...must be true right?

Oh wait...that's not a good source? Hmm...

Any predictions from smooth as butter. Those two you quoted are about as credible as that guy. You really picked 2 of the top 5 worst Rafters posters to backup your point [laughing]

Both of which are terrible posters. Look at some of the other stuff those two have said and see if you wanna be on that team.

But seriously, you can post a million examples and not one of them is going to be from anyone credible because nobody with a lick of sense will say that, and it doesn't change the fact that it's totally off base and frankly just stupid.

Monk/Fox/Bam team was NEVER close to being as good as the 38-1 team at any point during the season. If they played, the 38-1 team would win by 20 easily.
Look I'm not trying to piss people off or troll them. I'm also no where close to being an idiot/dumb. I'm just simply stating that exhibition games whether it's against professionals or non professionals don't always accurately predict how many losses a team will have or if they will win a championship.

on 7/21/15 BowWowCat posted that bigfanky10 craps his pants and doesn't even clean up. He tracks poop all over the place when he does this.

It was posted on the internet...must be true right?

Oh wait...that's not a good source? Hmm...

Any predictions from smooth as butter. Those two you quoted are about as credible as that guy. You really picked 2 of the top 5 worst Rafters posters to backup your point [laughing]
I only said I was going to prove that people said it. That's it, nothing else. And did BowWowCat really post that haha?

I'm looking through the archives because I gaurentte you that I remember multiple posters saying that. It's just taking me a while to go through the pages. I can only move 5 pages at a time through over 1200 pages of post on the forum

Ok, I'll wait. Maybe work one out, I'm sure I'll have time.

Oh, and Smooth doesn't count cause he says that every year.

I'm just confused
then again, it's 1:30 am so I might just be over tired

I'm trying to make sense of this thread

[sick]

You compared exhibition games like they were apples and oranges, which couldnt be further from the truth.

...and if you want to get technical you said greatest team in history. None of those posters say greatest team in history and please stop quoting people who have been run off for having such terrible takes.

[sick]

You compared exhibition games like they were apples and oranges, which couldnt be further from the truth.

...and if you want to get technical you said greatest team in history. None of those posters say greatest team in history and please stop quoting people who have been run off for having such terrible takes.
Seriously you're going to get THAT technical? And I wasn't trying to compare apples to oranges. I was stating that exhibition games whether it's against professionals or non professionals don't always accurately predict how many losses a team will have or if they will win a championship.

Seriously you're going to get THAT technical? And I wasn't trying to compare apples to oranges. I was stating that exhibition games whether it's against professionals or non professionals don't always accurately predict how many losses a team will have or if they will win a championship.

Yeah when you say you're going to bring specific examples and then show up with that weak nonsense I'm going to get technical.

Fact of the matter is this: anyone who thought that team was anywhere close to the goat in Kentucky basketball is a total idiot, period. I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore but it cant possibly be as bad as the original post.

Please disconnect your internet, and try again tomorrow.

Well, I'll be charitable to the OP and take the topic seriously, though it's an uninformed take.

#1 If this team finishes as well, record wise, as that team did, I'm not gonna cry about it.
#2 Calipari has made it clear for months now that the level of competition was gonna be much better this time around. I know it was coach speak, but he even said we may lose all 4 games this time around.
#3 If you're trying to temper expectations, take a number and put your post on repeat for the next 2.5 months. And if we beat Duke to start the season, you're gonna have to up your game.
#4 We all know these are exhibition games that are meaningless, but there was a legitimate chance a young team could have lost 2 of 4 against these teams.
#5 We're UK fans. It's our job to expect national titles every season. :smiley:

Example 1. A guy named KWilt43atbuzz posted a thread on 11/07/16 after the Asbury game stating that this team was the most talented UK team ever and that included the 1996 team.

Example 2. Mr. Lair started a thread on 11/28/16 after the ASU game asking if the team was better than the 38-1 team and he stated that he believed so.

Example 3. GOING FOR #9 titles a thread on 11/28/16 This team is better than the 38-1's

That's just three examples. Truat me, there's plenty more.

Those are some epically bad posters you mentions there. Still, as stupid as their comments are, and they're pretty ridiculous, none of them said they could be the greatest team in UK history. Just wanted to point that out. Couple of those guys are pretty notorious for just being dumb. It happens....large fan base.....it's just a numbers thing.......some of our fans are just plain idiots.

You could've easily gotten your point across by just saying....... Guys, its August of a long season ahead, let's pump those brakes a bit. Lots of work still to do.

That would have summed it up just fine.

Last edited:

Yeah when you say you're going to bring specific examples and then show up with that weak nonsense I'm going to get technical.

Fact of the matter is this: anyone who thought that team was anywhere close to the goat in Kentucky basketball is a total idiot, period. I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore but it cant possibly be as bad as the original post.

Please disconnect your internet, and try again tomorrow.
I'm sorry you feel that way. That must be really tough.

Just a reminder that the 2017 team won their 2 exhibition games by an average margin of 75 points per game(one of those game they won by 93 points).

If only the REAL (regular season) games (especially against the major blue chip opponents like North Carolina and Kansas) were that easy!!

ok, now that I've read this through a little more:

I don't think the two situations are equivalent
Our 14-15' team played in the Bahamas; and we did lose one game there; ONE - to a professional team after playing what, 5 games in six days before that game? Plus, like this year, those games were in in August - well before the actual season has begun. Heck, I don't even find them on the seasons results
Our 16-17 team - both of those games were at the end of October; both games were played against teams that I think my HS would beat. Plus they were at HOME

Now, that being said; I get we should temper expectations - but it's honestly a lot more fun right now to be excited about the potential of this team. There is just a different feeling this year.

Reactions: Blueaz
For anyone interested below is the complete list of Exhibition games UK has played over the years.

UK exhibition games

As some have mentioned there’s a huge difference in strength between exhibition opponents. Simply looking at point margins means nothing given the huge variation in opponent strength & other factors.

The 15 team lost their 6th game in 8 days with both of their centers on the bench. Willie and karl did not play in the bahamas games. And it was august, not october. The 17 yeam had been practicing for months by those exhibitions. Outside of that, both of those teams should have won a championship. If not for selective refereeing by he who shall not be named, they do. But i digress. Transylvania and iup are going to be blown out of the gym. I proactively feel bad for the parents of the players. 75 is not outside of the realm of possibility.

For anyone interested below is the complete list of Exhibition games UK has played over the years.

UK exhibition games

As some have mentioned there’s a huge difference in strength between exhibition opponents. Simply looking at point margins means nothing given the huge variation in opponent strength & other factors.
Haha that's actually where I was looking at for results. Nice website by the way. You are correct in that we shouldn't compare the different point differentals between different seasons because of the difference in strength. When I listed multiple examples I wasn't trying to compare them to each other. I was trying to look at the examples individually to see if exhibition games had a good indicator to how the season would play out. I just listed multiple examples because I knew if I listed only one example people would just state that was a one time thing. I have a question about your website. Have you thought about adding a rankings page for players and teams like ranking PPG, APG, FG % ect for individuals and teams(not just overall who scored the most points in a season)?

ADVERTISEMENT