ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn is garbage.

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Lost at home to a crap Tennessee team.

Tennessee may be improving a little but their offensive line is mediocre, their defense is garbage (Auburn is TERRIBLE offensively and they still scored 24 on Tennessee) and Auburn IS garbage..4-3 with more losses still to come. They will be lucky to go 6-6..may go 5-7.

Gus malzahn will go the way of Hal Mumme. His jig is up in the sec. I think we will see him move to another conference if his buyout isn’t too big. Big 12 maybe ACC? Maybe out west somewhere?

This is a classic example of a ranked team looking at their opponents record and previous scores and subconsciously bringing their B game. At the same time while Tennessee has played like a bottom feeder, they have some players on that team and their coaches aren't inept. They have had some time to pull things together. They came out hungry today, they had a good game plan, executed and got the upset. That's college football. Lessons to be learned here.

Gus malzahn will go the way of Hal Mumme. His jig is up in the sec. I think we will see him move to another conference if his buyout isn’t too big. Big 12 maybe ACC? Maybe out west somewhere?
Grumpy seemed convinced that if he lost to UGA and Bama last year he'd be gone. He ended up winning both games, but I think Grumpy might have been on to something.

This is a classic example of a ranked team looking at their opponents record and previous scores and subconsciously bringing their B game. At the same time while Tennessee has played like a bottom feeder, they have some players on that team and their coaches aren't inept. They have had some time to pull things together. They came out hungry today, they had a good game plan, executed and got the upset. That's college football. Lessons to be learned here.
We certainly can not take them lightly (or any team left on the schedule) because like you said, this is college football. We can have a very, very special season but it is going to take our A game every game until the end of the season.

We certainly can not take them lightly (or any team left on the schedule) because like you said, this is college football. We can have a very, very special season but it is going to take our A game every game until the end of the season.
Yes we are going to have to line up and play week in and week out.It looks like our defense can keep us in games but I hope the offense steps up in the off week and does a better job of holding up their share of the load.We have a chance to be pretty good if we stay focused and play one game at a time.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I really doubt Auburn would be that stupid but you never know. One thing for sure the coach is now on the hot seat. Expect a For Sale Sign in his front yard
When he got the job at UL I think that was one of the few places that would take him,do you really think things have changed all that much.I don't see him getting an SEC job,or some other ACC job.He will remain at UL for the next couple of years I think.

Just read that ole Gus has a $32M buyout.. wow! Guess he’s going nowhere for a while.

Need his agent negotiating my next employment contract.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Just read that ole Gus has a $32M buyout.. wow! Guess he’s going nowhere for a while.

Need his agent negotiating my next employment contract.
Good Lord have mercy. What are these colleges thinking? I expect some crazy alumni fan to try to dig up something that would violate his morals clause. College sports is almost as dirty as politics

I really doubt Auburn would be that stupid but you never know. One thing for sure the coach is now on the hot seat. Expect a For Sale Sign in his front yard

They slipped around went after him while Tuberville as head coach. Unfortunately they both had the same agent so things didn’t work out quite the way they intended.

They slipped around went after him while Tuberville as head coach. Unfortunately they both had the same agent so things didn’t work out quite the way they intended.
I didn't know they had the same agent. That was an incredibly bad move by Auburn.

I don't think any SEC teams would even contemplate hiring Petrino now. He was a disaster in Atlanta, and his debacle at Arkansas severely compromised his professional and personal reputation. Louisville is the only major conference team that is scummy enough to take Petrino.

Reactions: Bilrus61
His buyout is 42 million. They renewed his contract last year for 7 years. The buyout decreases 6 million each year. The Gus Bus is going nowhere.

His buyout is 42 million. They renewed his contract last year for 7 years. The buyout decreases 6 million each year. The Gus Bus is going nowhere.

Didn’t know that. Yep you’re right. Can’t see that unless some deal is made behind the scenes.

We'll see. Buyouts can be renegotiated. Auburn started the year with a win over Washington that doesn't look as good as it once did. They're 4-3 and coming off a loss to an also ran at home, which won't sit well to the Auburn types, with Texas A&M, Georgia and Alabama left on their schedule. And their OL is a sack waiting to happen. Fall is getting more dank on the Plains.

Guz malzahn is an overrated coach. That’s it. Can recruit great but that’s it. Offense is always anemic
Auburn is not having a great year so far.

But Malzahn is about the only coach in SEC that has had any level of success beating Alabama/Saban. Last year beat both UGA and Auburn who played for national title.

I think he is a very good coach...maybe having a bad year putting it together this year.

But Malzahn is about the only coach in SEC that has had any level of success beating Alabama/Saban. Last year beat both UGA and Auburn who played for national title.

I think he is a very good coach...maybe having a bad year putting it together this year.
Their OL just isn't very good.

Lol no. He’s horrible. His team looks like like every year it was just thrown together. Yeah they win a couple big games every year but on mere talent.

Lol no. He’s horrible. His team looks like like every year it was just thrown together. Yeah they win a couple big games every year but on mere talent.
So has Auburn had more talent than Bama and UGA? They beat them both last year. Has Malzahn beaten Saban 3 times? Who else has done that?

So has Auburn had more talent than Bama and UGA? They beat them both last year. Has Malzahn beaten Saban 3 times? Who else has done that?
May be the only thing that saves him but if Bama comes out and slices and dices that may not even do it.

Well for one thing it’s a rivalry, that usually happens in rivalry games. And yes their talent is up there with both. If you really think malzahn is a good coach then you must think saban is a god.

Well for one thing it’s a rivalry, that usually happens in rivalry games. And yes their talent is up there with both. If you really think malzahn is a good coach then you must think saban is a god.
1. Saban isn't a God....but he's the best college coach of all time IMO. No reasonable argument he's not at least top 3 of all time.
2. Malzahn isn't elite...but he's a dang good football coach IMO. Losing at home to Tenn is a bad loss no question about it....but some of the post on this thread are the usual internet board crazies IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT