ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn is a #1 seed?

It's funny how we get these same comments from opposing fans after their team plays UK.
There's a common denominator. It's UK's defense. Auburn shot like crap, so did aTm, Missouri, West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida..the list goes on and fans of those teams came here and said the same bullcrap you just said.
UK's D deserves some of the credit, but Auburn missed wide open looks repeatedly, especially the first 8 minutes of the game. Brown has never shot as poorly as he did to start that game and the shots he was missing were not contested. Obviously that had a lot to do with his shoulder injury.

That's great, but AU hasn't accomplished anything yet. It all goes away if AU goes into the NCAAT as a 1or 2 seed and can't get past the first weekend.
Did I say we had won anything yet? Of course we haven't. Getting to the point where we are being discussed as a potential 1 seed is pretty remarkable though given that we are missing 2 starters and don't have a single guy playing who is projected to be drafted this spring.

UK's D deserves some of the credit, but Auburn missed wide open looks repeatedly, especially the first 8 minutes of the game. Brown has never shot as poorly as he did to start that game and the shots he was missing were not contested. Obviously that had a lot to do with his shoulder injury.
Again, you're saying the same exact things as every opposing fan that comes to this boardboard. Even Steph Curry misses open threes, so Auburn missing open threes is nothing out of the ordinary. UK's length does that to good shooters, even when the shooters are open.

Did I say we had won anything yet? Of course we haven't. Getting to the point where we are being discussed as a potential 1 seed is pretty remarkable though given that we are missing 2 starters and don't have a single guy playing who is projected to be drafted this spring.
Yup, and I'm a big fan of what Auburn is doing. I'm an SEC guy and I hope Auburn and UT can do what South Carolina did last year.
But the journey is long, so just getting there is a small part of it.

Reactions: DM8
Again, you're saying the same exact things as every opposing fan that comes to this boardboard. Even Steph Curry misses open threes, so Auburn missing open threes is nothing out of the ordinary. UK's length does that to good shooters, even when the shooters are open.
I have watched every AU game this year. We don't miss many wide open 3s and that's why we lead the SEC in 3pt% by a wide margin at 39%. We shot in the high 20s against UK. Some of that was certainly UK playing good defense, but the defense wasn't there on many of the wide open missed shots. In any event, pulling for UK tomorrow. Really hope everything clicks and you guys have a big game.

You do realize that if we shot our normal percentage we would have won by 20-30, right? This isn't me slamming Kentucky -- it's just the facts. People keep saying that we won't do well because we don't have big men but we keep proving them wrong. Veteran guard play and crafty, opportunistic offensive put backs make us hard to stop. Entering our game vs. UK, our top 3 point shooters shot a combined 136 three pointers and were 2 shy of shooting exactly 50% from 3.

All that being said, if UK can go on a run to finish conference play, you will likely be a matchup nightmare for most teams. Beat Alabama tomorrow and that might kick off a nice run.
Ever think our defense might have had something to do with that?

I appreciate it and a few fans do not represent an entire fanbase. That said the major troll job this week by a few of your inbred brethren was exhausting and petty.

I understand that in general you guys have no idea how to handle success in basketball, but geez...

As to our deep run... we will need to do more than get it together, multiple miracles maybe?
Brian, who is trolling you with these user names? Wow.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I have watched every AU game this year. We don't miss many wide open 3s and that's why we lead the SEC in 3pt% by a wide margin at 39%. We shot in the high 20s against UK. Some of that was certainly UK playing good defense, but the defense wasn't there on many of the wide open missed shots. In any event, pulling for UK tomorrow. Really hope everything clicks and you guys have a big game.
I didn't really see all that many wide open threes to he honest.
Also, UK's 3 pt defense as exceptional, it bothers shooters to the point where they rush shots. That's why we are saying that UK's defense had more than just something to do with it and why opposing fans come on here after every game and say the same exact things that you Auburn fans are saying.

I didn't really see all that many wide open threes to he honest.
Also, UK's 3 pt defense as exceptional, it bothers shooters to the point where they rush shots. That's why we are saying that UK's defense had more than just something to do with it and why opposing fans come on here after every game and say the same exact things that you Auburn fans are saying.
I can think of 3 or 4 wide open looks that Brown missed early before his shoulder loosened up. Either way, I hope UK's D is suffocating today and you guys win by 30.

Reactions: bprockman v2.0
Auburn guys will be pulling for UK the rest of the way regardless of how we view our H2H game. NCAA tourney will be a lot better with the Cats in there.

ADVERTISEMENT