ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn is a #1 seed?

Cindog28

All-American
Sep 9, 2004
Shepherdsville, KY

o_O

giphy.gif

I can see it. Kentucky, even if it is a down season, is still Kentucky. A win over this program for teams in the SEC could be a springboard to better things. Auburn's confidence will be sky high after this. No, they didn't look their best tonight, but you know they had to have some nerves in that game tonight. When it mattered most they cast any doubt they might have had and took over the game. Props to them.

Hmmm..they also lead A&M by four on their floor. They also lead UT by four on their floor. And as great as Auburn has played..they are too small..they've got a Sweet 16 exit written all over them.

We could beat anyone this year or lose to anyone.....So a one game scenario, yes we could beat anyone.

But I would be beyond shocked if we could put together enough well played games in a row to get to the Final Four.

Auburn has lost to two taller SEC teams by one point and five points. Heck, everyone is taller than Auburn. It's chemistry bro.

And Auburn would have lost to UK if UK had any toughness whatsoever. UK may be tall and lengthy and blah blah blah but they are as soft as charmin both physically and mentally this year..and are about as fragile as it gets. UK is just not any good this year..they're 17-9 now and may be 17-11 by this time next week ! Enough said. And one of those teams that did do it was A&M and it was right there on Auburn's court..even if it was just by one point. I'll be rooting for Auburn against a Duke or Michigan St. or Purdue and such so I'm not hating on them. I just think it's going to be a problem for them in the big dance.

Reactions: brianpoe
He’s just lobbying to the committee to help get UK in the tourney. Saban did the same stuff after their loss and just kept yammering about how AU was really good and Bama deserved to be in the playoff

Well no debate except by fools that Bama shouldn't have been in the final four for football. However, I don't see Auburn as a final four team because they lack the big man. A guy like Bagley would have a field day against them. In fact, against Kentucky they looked challenged in the first half on offense. It was Kentucky's horrible offense that didn't take advantage, but the Kentucky defense with height created significant problems for Auburn.

The fact that Auburn is even being considered as a # 1 seed shows how bad college basketball is now. Yes, they beat us, but had Diallo not had numerous mental meltdowns on the court, we would've beaten them on the road. We're not a good basketball team and we should've beaten them. That does not bode well for their tournament life.

Reactions: brianpoe
Plus, teams that rely on the 3 as much as they do will struggle at some point in tournament play.

Well they’re currently ranked 10th with a record of 23-3, going to win the SEC and probably climb more in the polls Monday. They certainly have a shot at a one seed, not really getting why some are complaining about the comment.

Reactions: DM8
Auburn fans should go back to their basketball board if they have one. They're good in basketball once in the past 20 years. Enjoy it and best of luck going forward.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Most UK fans would agree with this statement: If UK was in first place in arguably the toughest conference this year with a 23-3 record, we would feel they should receive a one seed. I think this should be true for Auburn as well.

The fact that Auburn is even being considered as a # 1 seed shows how bad college basketball is now. Yes, they beat us, but had Diallo not had numerous mental meltdowns on the court, we would've beaten them on the road. We're not a good basketball team and we should've beaten them. That does not bode well for their tournament life.
You do realize that if we shot our normal percentage we would have won by 20-30, right? This isn't me slamming Kentucky -- it's just the facts. People keep saying that we won't do well because we don't have big men but we keep proving them wrong. Veteran guard play and crafty, opportunistic offensive put backs make us hard to stop. Entering our game vs. UK, our top 3 point shooters shot a combined 136 three pointers and were 2 shy of shooting exactly 50% from 3.

All that being said, if UK can go on a run to finish conference play, you will likely be a matchup nightmare for most teams. Beat Alabama tomorrow and that might kick off a nice run.

You do realize that if we shot our normal percentage we would have won by 20-30, right? This isn't me slamming Kentucky -- it's just the facts. People keep saying that we won't do well because we don't have big men but we keep proving them wrong. Veteran guard play and crafty, opportunistic offensive put backs make us hard to stop. Entering our game vs. UK, our top 3 point shooters shot a combined 136 three pointers and were 2 shy of shooting exactly 50% from 3.

All that being said, if UK can go on a run to finish conference play, you will likely be a matchup nightmare for most teams. Beat Alabama tomorrow and that might kick off a nice run.

Auburn started off 1 for 15 from the floor and 0 for 9 from three and still won by double digits going away.

You do realize we are tops in the league in in preventing teams from shooting their normal percentage from 3 right?

We did our job on defense, for the most part (until the end of the 1st Half), the problem is we do an even better job of preventing our own shots from going in.

I have no problem with Auburn being good this year.

But your fans are so pathetic i have to root for you dumbasses to drop in the first round so that you shut the hell up and keep your silliness off of our board.

Maybe next year come and chat like adults?

Reactions: MbergCat and Nubb16
You do realize we are tops in the league in in preventing teams from shooting their normal percentage from 3 right?

We did our job on defense, for the most part (until the end of the 1st Half), the problem is we do an even better job of preventing our own shots from going in.

I have no problem with Auburn being good this year.

But your fans are so pathetic i have to root for you dumbasses to drop in the first round so that you shut the hell up and keep your silliness off of our board.

Maybe next year come and chat like adults?
I don't usually talk smack. I just enjoy bantering with opposing fans. I actually love watching Kentucky play. Hope y'all figure things out and make a deep run in the tourney.

I don't usually talk smack. I just enjoy bantering with opposing fans. I actually love watching Kentucky play. Hope y'all figure things out and make a deep run in the tourney.

I appreciate it and a few fans do not represent an entire fanbase. That said the major troll job this week by a few of your inbred brethren was exhausting and petty.

I understand that in general you guys have no idea how to handle success in basketball, but geez...

As to our deep run... we will need to do more than get it together, multiple miracles maybe?

Kentucky hasn’t shown they have the emotional maturity (heart?) to make a serious run. They would have to win four tough games and be able to respond to being punched in the mouth. Most people understand this and are waiting to see how Cal builds going into next year.

Auburn will do the Pearl thing. They will crap the bed in the second round to a lower seed, or they will be up by 10 in the 2nd half of their sweet sixteen game and still lose.

I don't see it, Cal. A legit 3-4 seed though, and maybe a 2, depending on how they finish out and how other folks do.

Yeah, but you can't judge a team on one game. Yes, theythe a smaller team, which.makes UK a bad matchup for them. But how many teams out there can match UK's size and length? Not many.
Heck, would you judge our 2015 squad off their game against Ole Miss at home where the game went into overtime?
I'm not sure why some are knocking them, I think there are several SEC squads that are going to do really well in the NCAAT and Auburn is one of them.

Auburn is a team I respect. Players that play their asses off. Unselfish, enthusiastic, play to win.

I don’t think they’re talented enough to win the title, but I could see them as a Final Four possibility.

Reactions: DM8
The propaganda is getting NK level now. I love Cal but he just needs to own this crap of a year and move on to next season.
You want him to pack it in with 4 games left in the regular season and the sec tourny still to play?

Why wouldn't people see it?

When the NCAA did their top 16 reveal they were the top 2 seed.

It's extremely possible.

We played one of our worst games of the year and still beat UK by 10. Beating UK is a big deal because you guys are the gold standard for basketball in the SEC, but if you have watched us play this year, you would realize UK was fortunate not to be blown out. If you don't believe me, go check out how we played against LSU, Vandy, Arky, UGA, Mizzou etc. If we shoot our normal percentage, its a 20 point game at the half and we win by 30. Our best player was limited and still dropped 18 points. Again, this isn't a shot against UK, its just a fact.

Why not be happy to see another SEC team that may be capable of representing the conference well when UK is having a down year? I assume UK will be back next year. With all the success you have had, I just don't see the point in being upset when another team in the conference has a good year.

Auburn is a team I respect. Players that play their asses off. Unselfish, enthusiastic, play to win.

I don’t think they’re talented enough to win the title, but I could see them as a Final Four possibility.
hat-tip-gif-6.gif

Thanks man! Even the AU fans who have come over to talk shit have huge respect for UK hoops. We wouldn't be on the UK board if you guys were not the dominant team in the SEC.

Coming into this season with our full roster, our realistic hope was that we would finish a few games over 500 and make the tourney. Then we lost two of our best players and even making the tourney seemed highly unlikely. It is pretty remarkable what this group has managed to do in the face of long odds.

We played one of our worst games of the year and still beat UK by 10. Beating UK is a big deal because you guys are the gold standard for basketball in the SEC, but if you have watched us play this year, you would realize UK was fortunate not to be blown out. If you don't believe me, go check out how we played against LSU, Vandy, Arky, UGA, Mizzou etc. If we shoot our normal percentage, its a 20 point game at the half and we win by 30. Our best player was limited and still dropped 18 points. Again, this isn't a shot against UK, its just a fact.

Why not be happy to see another SEC team that may be capable of representing the conference well when UK is having a down year? I assume UK will be back next year. With all the success you have had, I just don't see the point in being upset when another team in the conference has a good year.
It's funny how we get these same comments from opposing fans after their team plays UK.
There's a common denominator. It's UK's defense. Auburn shot like crap, so did aTm, Missouri, West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida..the list goes on and fans of those teams came here and said the same bullcrap you just said.

Reactions: Sejonesy
hat-tip-gif-6.gif

Thanks man! Even the AU fans who have come over to talk shit have huge respect for UK hoops. We wouldn't be on the UK board if you guys were not the dominant team in the SEC.

Coming into this season with our full roster, our realistic hope was that we would finish a few games over 500 and make the tourney. Then we lost two of our best players and even making the tourney seemed highly unlikely. It is pretty remarkable what this group has managed to do in the face of long odds.
That's great, but AU hasn't accomplished anything yet. It all goes away if AU goes into the NCAAT as a 1or 2 seed and can't get past the first weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT