ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn good not great! Smith is real good!

jwm24_2000

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 12, 2005
Auburn has a good team, they are definitely a top 10 team, but if Tyty doesn't go down, we win this game. Now Smith I see why they have him as the no. 1 pick. I see Auburn doing the same as most sec teams do in the NCAA tournament, flame out in the 1st weekend.

Who's better than Auburn then? I think they legit have a shot
Their difference maker to make them top 10ish is Jabari. How is Jabari going to react in March when his posse starts whispering in his ear that he needs to takeover games in the “show” to be the #1 pick, that he shouldn’t pass up shots or he needs to get “his”. Is he going to sacrifice for the team? Cal has been able to keep kids playing for the team in March. Can Pearl do it with Jabari? If he goes rogue, AU loses first weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: wcs2015
I'd be shocked if they win it. Smith is obviously special but they don't run through him enough and he takes really tough guarded shots just to show off his skills, and he made a few and missed a few awfully.

The year is wide open though, honestly think if there is a year a 4 seed or worse wins it'll be this year.

Their difference maker to make them top 10ish is Jabari. How is Jabari going to react in March when his posse starts whispering in his ear that he needs to takeover games in the “show” to be the #1 pick, that he shouldn’t pass up shots or he needs to get “his”. Is he going to sacrifice for the team? Cal has been able to keep kids playing for the team in March. Can Pearl do it with Jabari? If he goes rogue, AU loses first weekend.
Well if he plays as he is now he is locked being the first pick. Look at him 6'10 can bring the ball up the court, shoot 3's make difficult shots who's better I don't think there will be an issue.

Well if he plays as he is now he is locked being the first pick. Look at him 6'10 can bring the ball up the court, shoot 3's make difficult shots who's better I don't think there will be an issue
Maybe you are correct. However, Banchero is still a possible #1 and Duke is going to get all the media attention leading up the tournament due to K’s retirement. Will be interesting to see if Pearl can get a potential #1 pick to play for the team and not himself once the volume gets turned up

Maybe you are correct. However, Banchero is still a possible #1 and Duke is going to get all the media attention leading up the tournament due to K’s retirement. Will be interesting to see if Pearl can get a potential #1 pick to play for the team and not himself once the volume gets turned up
Possible but not sure he can play at smith's level I'm not gonna say Durant good but I can see him being who he is compared to

Possible but not sure he can play at smith's level I'm not gonna say Durant good but I can see him being who he is compared to
It was early when we played Banchero, but I thought he played better against us than Jabari did today. But, I am not an NBA GM. In any event, Duke/Banchero are going to get all the pre-tournament hype due to K retiring, so we shall see if Jabari’s posse gets in his head or not about putting on a show.

Auburn is very good all there kids can contribute
Kessler is the big difference

AU came out playing really tight today. It was my worry going into the game. Kentucky definitely had something to do with it by pushing our guards out and making them uncomfortable. If both teams were healthy and playing well it’s about as close to a toss up as you can get. Kentucky missed a lot of wide open 3s in the first half. Knock a few of those down and it may be a different story tonight

Reactions: JohnnyBeeGoode
Auburn has a good team, they are definitely a top 10 team, but if Tyty doesn't go down, we win this game. Now Smith I see why they have him as the no. 1 pick. I see Auburn doing the same as most sec teams do in the NCAA tournament, flame out in the 1st weekend.

Auburn is good. We were better today until Washington went down. If they are top five, we are as well. I think both teams are top 10 teams, right now, with healthy rosters.

Smith is very good. He is one of the top players in the country, IMHO.

Smith and Kessler need to play more minutes. Smith only averages 26 minutes a game.

Shows how little you know about Jabari's "posse".

Auburn’s a really good team. Thought so prior to the game yesterday. I would have loved to see that game play out with TY TY on the court. Injuries happen to us every year nothing new. Hope we get a chance to play again in the sec tournament.

Reactions: chevyman 50
Shows how little you know about Jabari's "posse".
Right now, some mock drafts have Jabari as the 3rd pick behind Holmgren and Banchero. See link below. Others have him #1 or 2. The difference between 1st and 3rd pick on a rookie contract is about $5.5M let alone the lifelong prestige of being #1. If you don’t think Jabari’s posse knows these numbers by heart it shows how little you (and Auburn fans) know about potential lottery picks and the amount their people are in their ear. So the point stands - will Jabari play for himself first in March or will he play for the team first?

Right now, some mock drafts have Jabari as the 3rd pick behind Holmgren and Banchero. See link below. Others have him #1 or 2. The difference between 1st and 3rd pick on a rookie contract is about $5.5M let alone the lifelong prestige of being #1. If you don’t think Jabari’s posse knows these numbers by heart it shows how little you (and Auburn fans) know about potential lottery picks and the amount their people are in their ear. So the point stands - will Jabari play for himself first in March or will he play for the team first?

Does he have some shady handler or something? I assumed his dad being a former NBA player would be point on this type of stuff.

It is one thing to banter about teams and games but completely out bounds to delight in a play in which a player is injured. In one post, you told me all I need to know about you. You are a low class human being. Any respectful AU fans want to disavowal this post and poster as not representing your fan base?

ADVERTISEMENT