ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn......football that is

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
We saw ex-UK QB Mike Hartline was hired at Auburn as a QC guy or analyst. Now comes word Auburn has hired ex-UK DL coach Jimmy Brumbaugh as their DL coach. Brumbaugh played at Auburn.

Also, former Vandy HC Derek Mason was not retained as Auburn DC. Mason's thought to be headed to Oklahoma State as DC.

Last edited:
Reactions: JASUN74
We saw ex-UK QB Mike Hartline was hired at Auburn as a QC guy or analyst. Now comes word Auburn has hired ex-UK DL coach Jimmy Brumbaugh as their DL coach. Brumbaugh played at Auburn.

Also, former Vandy HC Derek Mason was not retained as Auburn DC. Mason's thought to be headed to Oklahoma State as DC.

You may not know. But did Mason leave on his own or was he fired? If fired it's almost like the head man is asking to be fired.

You may not know. But did Mason leave on his own or was he fired? If fired it's almost like the head man is asking to be fired.
Had heard 2-3 days ago Mason was going to Oklahoma St as DC. Then heard all of a sudden he "wasn't being retained." Harsin has replaced both coordinators after one year. On shaky ground IMO.

Had heard 2-3 days ago Mason was going to Oklahoma St as DC. Then heard all of a sudden he "wasn't being retained." Harsin has replaced both coordinators after one year. On shaky ground IMO.

I think he is having a hard time adjusting to life in Alabama, his wife sure is, and having a big game 8 or 9 we r KS a season instead of 2-3 games a year.

and having a big game 8 or 9 we r KS a season instead of 2-3 games a year.
I typically respect your take, but could not understand this portion.

I always liked Mason. I wouldn’t have minded him as DC had Brad White left.

Good there DL is gonna be terrible

I typically respect your take, but could not understand this portion.

I always liked Mason. I wouldn’t have minded him as DC had Brad White left.

My spellcheck sometimes gets the better of me. I will look it over this time. Harsin's wife reportly hates living in Auburn and wants out of there. Coming from Boise who has 2 maybe 3 big games a year to the SEC West where he has 7-9 big games a year, and 2 games he needs to be at least 500 against, Bama and UGA. He lost both of those, wife wants to get out of Auburn, his starting QB, and AU legacy transferred out, he let one coordinator go, granted Bobo isn't as an attractive an option as he was a few years back, and the other is out regardless of who's idea it was. Mason had their defense playing better than they were, best coach on the staff, imo and I wouldn't be upset if he was UGA's new DC. But that didn't happen. Just looks like he is sabataging his own team to get sent out of there.

Thing is, he had Bama beat if the RB hits the ground instead of running out of bounds.

My spellcheck sometimes gets the better of me. I will look it over this time. Harsin's wife reportly hates living in Auburn and wants out of there. Coming from Boise who has 2 maybe 3 big games a year to the SEC West where he has 7-9 big games a year, and 2 games he needs to be at least 500 against, Bama and UGA. He lost both of those, wife wants to get out of Auburn, his starting QB, and AU legacy transferred out, he let one coordinator go, granted Bobo isn't as an attractive an option as he was a few years back, and the other is out regardless of who's idea it was. Mason had their defense playing better than they were, best coach on the staff, imo and I wouldn't be upset if he was UGA's new DC. But that didn't happen. Just looks like he is sabataging his own team to get sent out of there.

Thing is, he had Bama beat if the RB hits the ground instead of running out of bounds.
There was some talk Harsin ultimately would end up at Washington but the Huskies went elsewhere. Still, out west will be his destination.

There was some talk Harsin ultimately would end up at Washington but the Huskies went elsewhere. Still, out west will be his destination.

That's what I suspected, Oregon opened up this year too. If he had show a little more patience he likely would have had a good shot at the Oregon job.

Reactions: mrschwump
That's what I suspected, Oregon opened up this year too. If he had show a little more patience he likely would have had a good shot at the Oregon job.
We'll have to see what happens long term with UCLA even tho Kelly has a new contract. I like what Edwards has done at Arizona St but his recruiting has been a little hinky so that could cost him. 2 PAC-EverHowMany stories to watch this season.

ADVERTISEMENT