ADVERTISEMENT

Attn: Wisconsin Fans

So he should comment on His posts all the time taking shots?
I mean, I can kinda see if Dekker wanted him to go to Wisconsin and can sorta relate to Herro's situation. He's born and raised in Wisconsin and grew up less than 2 hours from campus, was a 5* star recruit, stayed in Wisconsin, went to the national title game, and was a first round pick.

Read my original post. My point is about the behavior of fans when a kid changes his mind. Jeffries, herro, any kid is irrelevant except as an illustrative device . I find it hilarious that a fan base who was clearly bothered by one kid decommitting would gloat (after 2 pickup games) about benefitting from another kids decommittment. It’s actually a perfect apples to apples comparison and the close timing of the events only amplies the comparison. It’s actually the polar opposite of a non sequitur but I can see how it might have been confusing if you thought I was comparing the kids. My entire focus is the fans in this case.
Well, I think you're reading into one post way too much and applying it to all. There are some who will never get over that loss in the final four and the attitude of Wisconsin's coach both then and in interviews since. He liked to rub some salt in that wound. So, it's not as much about the decommit and signing with UK as much as it's purely about Wisconsin for some. I don't feel that same thing toward the Badgers. You could also add in the assault tbat ensued on Herro from Wisconsin fans as Herro was attempting to simply play his senior season in high school. The treatment of this kid was over the top. It's similar to the way Arkansas fans treated Malik Monk after he signed with UK. My point is, you're connecting dots that probably aren't in the minds of these UK fans, though I suppose I can see how you'd come to that conclusion and make the connection between 2 guys decommitting and signing with a different school. That's not the source of the joy of most in seeing some success from Herro.

The lack of awareness in this post and the entire thread is just astounding. Penny literally just picked your pocket on Jeffries and Duke has been taking your lunch money since they went all in on the oad model. Not to mention you guys just had multiple threads killing Jeffries after he decommitted.
These are teenagers and they should be expected to change their minds and make goofy choices. Sometimes it benefits your team, sometimes it doesn’t. The adults should stay classy either way.

Seriously, why are you here? This is a Kentucky message board where we chat about Kentucky subjects... All I'm saying is that I've never been so insecure that I have to go stalk another fanbase's message board looking for things to throw my nose into..

You could also add in the assault tbat ensued on Herro from Wisconsin fans as Herro was attempting to simply play his senior season in high school. The treatment of this kid was over the top. It's similar to the way Arkansas fans treated Malik Monk after he signed with UK.

VigilantLegalHind-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: IL Wildcat
My parents went to Duke. I went to TCU. Texas girls, sunshine all the time, easy choice.
Good luck on the 6th. I think anyone is crazy to bet that game. Every outcome is equally likely which is what makes it compelling.
This and variations thereof are a common refrain on the Devils’ bandwagon: “my [insert relative/friend/acquaintance/etc. here] went to Duke.”

The enrollment there hovers around 6,500, but if you believe all these tall tales, it should be more like 650,000.

Reactions: Montana81
Wisconsin - the team who beat one of the best college teams ever thanks to a combination of some overly conservative late game play and bad officiating, only to lay down, bend over, and get beat by a freshmen Grayson Allen.

I wouldn’t be bragging about that.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Once these great individual players don't mesh and the season starts to fall apart, I'm thinking it'll be the 4th vertebret that will start to act up on him. Wojo will probably be charged with all the losses.
Nate James has zero shot at the job. I say give them to him.

This and variations thereof are a common refrain on the Devils’ bandwagon: “my [insert relative/friend/acquaintance/etc. here] went to Duke.”

The enrollment there hovers around 6,500, but if you believe all these tall tales, it should be more like 650,000.

As if people need to actually need to attend a school to be a fan. That’s a dumb idea. Can you only be a bengals fan if you played middle linebacker for them?
It’s also unfair criteria given how much easier it is to get into state schools.
In any case, I did get a couple of degrees from a private school so I’ll consider mysef property credentialed to enjoy something I like.

Seriously, why are you here? This is a Kentucky message board where we chat about Kentucky subjects... All I'm saying is that I've never been so insecure that I have to go stalk another fanbase's message board looking for things to throw my nose into..

Oh, an existential question. Why am I here? Why are we all here? Why are any of us here?
If you’re a free will guy, you’d say I’m here because I want to be.
If you’re a predetermination Guy, you’d say I’m here because I’m supposed to be.
I’ll ignore both of those possibilities and go with the classic bailout of answering a question with a question; why? Why not?

As if people need to actually need to attend a school to be a fan. That’s a dumb idea. Can you only be a bengals fan if you played middle linebacker for them?
It’s also unfair criteria given how much easier it is to get into state schools.
In any case, I did get a couple of degrees from a private school so I’ll consider mysef property credentialed to enjoy something I like.
A dumb idea is to pick a team because they win, carefully craft a marketable image, and are subsequently deified and shilled for by ESPN and the national media for decades. It's a free country; you can be a "fan" of whomever you like. We're a little more organic here; some of us went to UK, and almost all of us are native Kentuckians. The great majority of your "fanbase" has no geographic, scholastic or familial connection to Duke, though an inordinate number claim the latter. [laughing]

A dumb idea is to pick a team because they win, carefully craft a marketable image, and are subsequently deified and shilled for by ESPN and the national media for decades. It's a free country; you can be a "fan" of whomever you like. We're a little more organic here; some of us went to UK, and almost all of us are native Kentuckians. The great majority of your "fanbase" has no geographic, scholastic or familial connection to Duke, though an inordinate number claim the latter. [laughing]

I love the idea that something you have no control over (like being born somewhere) makes you a better or more qualified anything than someone who makes a conscious choice. It’s like the feudal system. Very 13th century of you.
In any case, my parents went to Duke, I was born in NC, so looks like I qualify under this wonderfully progressive and modern system of inclusion/exclusion...barely. Good to feel organic.
Whew! Glad I don’t have to redecorate my basement.

The lack of awareness in this post and the entire thread is just astounding. Penny literally just picked your pocket on Jeffries and Duke has been taking your lunch money since they went all in on the oad model. Not to mention you guys just had multiple threads killing Jeffries after he decommitted.
These are teenagers and they should be expected to change their minds and make goofy choices. Sometimes it benefits your team, sometimes it doesn’t. The adults should stay classy either way.
I was hanging around waiting for you advice....now take it and shove it........Penny will be on Beal Street picking pockets before he gets close to Cal.......now, go away!

Apparently we are so far ahead in the buffet line that the fans of other teams have to come to our table.
What the poster should really do is take his own advice about staying classy........that is if he can become classy to start with.....

I saw very few people blast Jeffries on here after he decommitted. We got two better players than him in less than a week, we'll be fine. As for Duke, they've recruited slightly better than us the past couple years, with equal or lesser results. Don't come on here saying stupid shit when you've got nothing to back it up.
A couple of years that Cal/UK was #2 in recruiting they didn't count players like Jamal Murray as part of the team in the rankings.....

Reactions: MbergCat
Yeah the two post I saw were harmless comments that friends do on post.

They both follow each other so I’m sure this is just innocent fun

The posts I saw were questioning Herro’s violation of a commitment from when he was 17 years old to Wisconsin. I’m not sure who your friends are, but mine don’t typically question my integrity in a public forum.

More likely they followed each other from when Herro was committed to Wiscy and Tyler hasn’t been bothered to unfollow.

Personally, all of this dogging of teenagers who aren’t willing to sacrifice their future for multi-million dollar programs who will never pay them back for their services seems more low integrity to me than a teenager daring to change his mind about his future.

Duke finished the 18 class and hasn’t started signing the 19 class yet. How’s is that “falling off”? It’s a recruiting cycle.
They’ll ink 5 5 stars in the 19 class (just like uk will) so I’m not sure where you’re seeing this decline.
Hope disguised as facts I suppose.

It's falling off because Fat Jeff took his bag of cash to the Steel City.

Maybe. Maybe they’ll go through a lull like uk did between 98 and 12 and then find the right guy. I personally hope Scheyer can find his way to the HC job someday. Recruits like crazy, excellent at the x’s and o’s. A lot of brad Stevens type qualities there.
I say if uk can survive Billy Gillespie and unc can survive Matt Doherty, Duke can survive whatever’s next.

The difference is before 2012 four different coaches won Championships at UK, stretching over half a century. Cal was the 5th. Like UCONN,UCLA and Arizona the majority of Duke's success has been tied to one man. Can you think of anyone who is going to want to follow that?

K will be 72 this season. It's coming to an end. Accept it.

Reactions: Montana81
I love the idea that something you have no control over (like being born somewhere) makes you a better or more qualified anything than someone who makes a conscious choice. It’s like the feudal system. Very 13th century of you.
In any case, my parents went to Duke, I was born in NC, so looks like I qualify under this wonderfully progressive and modern system of inclusion/exclusion...barely. Good to feel organic.
13th century? Feudalism? Lol Picking a team solely because they’re a winner doesn’t have much to do with anything other than front running. Not surprised you don’t- or won’t- acknowledge that.

Just stop. An intelligent person doesn’t have to try as hard as you do.

So you’re showing class by coming on our site to make classless statements about our fans? Are you drinking or on drugs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT