ADVERTISEMENT

Atmosphere at NCST game (Sunday Night)

STUCKNBIG10

All-SEC
Aug 30, 2006
Was at both games today. IU crowd was a bit disappointing, but I suppose people were deflated a bit after Saturday night.

Crowd tonight was just outstanding. Don't know what I've ever seen the Cliff rocking like it was during the four run 6th and later when their turd of a coach came out to complain about salow's hat. Really hoping we have a hard sellout Monday night, as I believe our crowd made a big difference tonight.

Hats off to the crowd, and moreover, hats off to our team for bouncing back. Guys like Marcus Carson could have pouted after last night, but he bounced back in a huge way today.

Was at both games today. IU crowd was a bit disappointing, but I suppose people were deflated a bit after Saturday night.

Crowd tonight was just outstanding. Don't know what I've ever seen the Cliff rocking like it was during the four run 6th and later when their turd of a coach came out to complain about salow's hat. Really hoping we have a hard sellout Monday night, as I believe our crowd made a big difference tonight.

Hats off to the crowd, and moreover, hats off to our team for bouncing back. Guys like Marcus Carson could have pouted after last night, but he bounced back in a huge way today.

Great crowd......A NC State buddy and me discussed driving from North Carolina for the 3/4 day tourney, but couldn't work it out.......Expect a huge crowd tomorrow......State is really resilient.....Go Cats!!!!

I had posted last night on another thread, the Cliff sounded more like Alex Box down at LSU.
It was insane during that stretch where UK was walking in runs. Fans were giving all kinds of hell to their pitchers who were misfiring badly during the warmup pitches. Also, the home plate ump has been awful for 3 straight games, so lots of pissed off fans throughout the night. Nothing unites the UK fanbase like a bad call.

Buddy and I have been to every game of every session and the crowds have been great, but last night was super!! Think CHS will be packed and rocking tonight!....#PACK CHS. Hope the bats stay juiced!

It was insane during that stretch where UK was walking in runs. Fans were giving all kinds of hell to their pitchers who were misfiring badly during the warmup pitches. Also, the home plate ump has been awful for 3 straight games, so lots of pissed off fans throughout the night. Nothing unites the UK fanbase like a bad call.
Amen on the ump, especially last night.

What was the beef with Salow's cap? I never heard.

Basically what Slugger said, but to compound on it a bit... you're not allowed to have a foreign substance anywhere on your person that might be used to enhance your ability to throw the ball. The one exception to this is the rosin from the rosin bag. Despite that rule, many pitchers over the years have gone to extreme lengths to get a substance on the ball to give them more spin. One of these is to put something on the top of the hat. Sometimes it is vaseline, and other times it is sticky. Salow has a spot on his hat where he has consistently licked and then dried his fingers. The hat is worn to look brown or black and could be mistaken for a spot of pine tar or something like that. So, a couple of teams this year have spotted that and have asked umpires to look at it. This has a double effect. Number 1, if it is a foreign substance the pitcher can be ejected. Number 2, if not then at the very least it throws the pitcher out of a rhythm and can get into his head. Neither of these have really worked against Salow this year.

Reactions: RogerIndy
If you will notice his cap when he pitches has a dark spot on it from where he licks his fingers and wipes them off and is worn...SC I think it was did the same thing...desperation.
It was USC who did this also, both times Salow was really dealing. It is just a ploy to try and get him off his game. Both times it FAILED miserably, and I think it further pissed him off, and he was even more effective !

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Salow was fired up each time he came off the mound after that stunt from NC State. He had it going last night, hope we can get at least another inning like that from him tonight.

I really wish I could have stayed for tonight's game, but I had to go to work today after driving 4 hours and arriving home at 4am. My ticket won't be wasted, my friend who I went to the games with will be taking his son tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT