ADVERTISEMENT

Athlon's Preseason Mag . . . .

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
I bought one and kind of liked it.

They've always had shortcomings, but the one page article for UK seemed pretty darn accurate and I spotted no obvious flaws.

Years ago, I said the preseason pubs just "predicted" what had occurred the year before, or pretty close to it.

Sure enough, all 14 SEC teams were predicted to either have the same record as in '16, or within 1 game of the same record.

Athlon's picks Georgia to win the East, with Kentucky 4th, with a 7-5 record, 4-4 in conference.

Looking at their listed starters for each SEC team, we are not going to be the youngest team on the field, with 10 Seniors listed first string. Miss State had the fewest listed Seniors as starters, with 7.

I bought one and kind of liked it.

They've always had shortcomings, but the one page article for UK seemed pretty darn accurate and I spotted no obvious flaws.

Years ago, I said the preseason pubs just "predicted" what had occurred the year before, or pretty close to it.

Sure enough, all 14 SEC teams were predicted to either have the same record as in '16, or within 1 game of the same record.

Athlon's picks Georgia to win the East, with Kentucky 4th, with a 7-5 record, 4-4 in conference.

Looking at their listed starters for each SEC team, we are not going to be the youngest team on the field, with 10 Seniors listed first string. Miss State had the fewest listed Seniors as starters, with 7.

What I always hated about some of these magazines was that they did no background on us. They would spell names wrong or have the players at the wrong position. Would include graduated seniors already gone while ignoring the freshmen that played in their first year. It's a job, I know I helped do several magazines, so you have to do the work to be factual. I guess it's easier to think each year that nothing changes.

ADVERTISEMENT