ADVERTISEMENT

At least it's a win

The Bubba

Sophomore
Sep 24, 2005
Not trying to stir up anything but...even though the margin of victory was substantial against Hampton, I thought it was one of the worse games we have played this season. Booker and Johnson need to find their games if we are going to cut the nets down. I'm sure it's starting to get into their heads a bit and hopefully Calipari can find the right words to say to help them through it. Speaking of Calipari, it looked to me like he was very disappointed in the team and hardly barked at them at all. Don't get me wrong, I think he does too much of that but he looked like a player that had missed the winning shot every time the camera was on him. I read his comments on the game but that never stopped him from shouting instructions before. For example, with thirty seconds to go in the SEC tournament finals and a fifteen point lead, he was still barking out orders.

This post was edited on 3/20 12:57 PM by The Bubba

Originally posted by The Bubba:
Not trying to stir up anything but...
Thanks for clarifying that. The fact that you repeated stuff in 40 other threads had me worried that you might be.

To me, sometimes saying something in a long line of posts about a topic doesn't get the same exposure as posting it as a topic.

We played awful and its actually something to worry about in the future. play that way against Maryland , WVU or even Cincy and its possible we lose if those teams are having a good shooting night.

The tournament brings enough anxiety in my household...despite my concerns, Im going to give them a pass on the HU game (late start, first game jitters, overlooking a 16 seed, bad start/bad ending). I think Cal said something along the same lines (at least publicly), if that same team shows up tomorrow, Ill start feeling less confident from here on out.

This post was edited on 3/20 1:42 PM by js40484

ADVERTISEMENT