ADVERTISEMENT

ASU's backcourt

SilentsAreGolden

All-American
Dec 12, 2007
Just watched their game at KU, and I don't know if there is a better backcourt than Evans, Holder, and Martin. They lit up KU and did not fold under pressure. Martin was especially impressive what he did in AFH as a freshman.

Just watched their game at KU, and I don't know if there is a better backcourt than Evans, Holder, and Martin. They lit up KU and did not fold under pressure. Martin was especially impressive what he did in AFH as a freshman.
I watched it too.. but both teams were shooting out of their minds in the end.. hard to tell what’s real.

Any guard will look good against Kansas' horrendous defense. They can't stop a straight line drive to save their soul. Self's team's usually play hard nosed defense. Not this bunch.

I believe Martin was the pt guard on Jarren Jackson team. I think they were the number 1 team in country.
Was Bowen on that team as well?

I believe Martin was the pt guard on Jarren Jackson team. I think they were the number 1 team in country.
No. He was PG on Marvin Bagleys team (Sierra Canyon-CA). Jackson & Bowen played for Lamuire in Indiana. BOTH of those teams were ranked #1 at various points last HS season.

Congratulations, ashbergh, on your graduation from college! That is a great achievement.

I watched it too.. but both teams were shooting out of their minds in the end.. hard to tell what’s real.
It has been difficult to tell what is real with several teams so far this season(more so than in other seasons it seems)Maybe it is because I am not following college basketball as closely as usual(thanks UNC and NCAA) It just has a different feel to it for me.

On the subject of KU,still not a peep about Preston there almost has to be more going on there than is currently being released,that is par for the course at KU though.No one ever got the whole story on all the crap that went on there last year.One more reason to lose interest in college basketball, it is not just a double standard for certain programs it is layers of standards that the NCAA uses to hold some more accountable than others

Last edited:

Bowen was, but you're thinking of Tyger Campbell at point guard. Small kid with crazy hair and big game. Was just a sophomore last season but reclassified to graduate this coming year.

ASU-Arizona games this year should be fun to watch. Hope they aren't hidden from a national audience on the Pac12 tv network.

Reactions: ORCAT
ASU-Arizona games this year should be fun to watch. Hope they aren't hidden from a national audience on the Pac12 tv network.

You're right, they could be very competitive but you're also right about being hidden on TV. Even if they were on national TV, many Pac 12 games are so late at night very few want to stay up til midnight or later to watch them. Hoping they play on some Saturday afternoon when UK isn't playing at the same time.

It has been difficult to tell what is real with several teams so far this season(more so than in other seasons it seems)Maybe it is because I am not following college basketball as closely as usual(thanks UNC and NCAA) It just has a different feel to it for me.

On the subject of KU,still not a peep about Preston there almost has to be more going on there than is currently being released,that is par for the course at KU though.No one ever got the whole story on all the crap that went on there last year.One more reason to lose interest in college basketball, it is not just a double standard for certain programs it is layers of standards that the NCAA uses to hold some more accountable than others
From the attendance being down all across the country, it appears many folks are not following BB as closely as in the past !

You're right, they could be very competitive but you're also right about being hidden on TV. Even if they were on national TV, many Pac 12 games are so late at night very few want to stay up til midnight or later to watch them. Hoping they play on some Saturday afternoon when UK isn't playing at the same time.
Just hope Bill Walton does their games. He's a freaking riot

Reactions: ORCAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT