ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coach Hunt

No I’m just pointing out fans don’t hire coach’s or set timelines. You seem to think the opposite

Of course not. And quote the exact words where I said that. You can’t.

I merely commented on the oddness of the silence. There hiring of an asst coach for a major college bball program is usually pretty open and promoted/commented on.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I really hope we're not being turned down by coaching targets just like on the recruiting trail. Cal's personality is really fking with the program. He's always been a self righteous egotistical ass that could cover it up with wins. Dude isn't winning anymore.

No one wants the job knowing it’s Cal’s last year. They will be looking again next year.
And you know it’s Cal’s last year how? You act like you know something, and I’m sure you have no clue. Another typical fair weather fan trying to stir up crap.

What a bullshit post. I doubt Cal’s in a real hurry. He wants to get the right fit.
What a bullshit post. I doubt Cal’s in a real hurry. He wants to get the right fit.
It may be BS to you but when Lewis was offered his new gig, everyone knew it including everyone on this board. When he initially turned down Duke everyone knew it and when he changed his mind and went to Duke everyone knew it and guessed why. In your opinion who is a right fit that can make the program better?

And you know it’s Cal’s last year how? You act like you know something, and I’m sure you have no clue. Another typical fair weather fan trying to stir up crap.
Hardly a fair weather fan Ellen. The writing is on the wall. Cal has lost whatever he used to have. Come back at this time next year and let’s see what coaches we are looking at. You and your hubby can take a break and spend some of the UK money he stole.

Reactions: Fox2monk and bnewt
Who would want to coach here and constantly get gutted and crapped on?
To make 500k a year yes it sucks to get complained at when we are all probably making less and taking as much sh%$ for 10/20 % of what that assist job pays!

Reactions: Fox2monk
What happened to all of Jay Wrights assistants when he retired? They always seemed like they got very decent players we need to snag one of his assistant coaches. If we can’t do that go after one of Arkansas assistant coaches. Musselman seems to be getting the recruits down there and he has to have some really good assistant coaches!

Starting to wonder if candidates are asking Cal for assurances that he'll be here and not hearing what they want to hear. (Lots of here’s here)

how do you all know who he has offered and who said they weren't interested?

I’ve noticed that. It’s all a group that despises Calipari and they can do whatever they want but those arguing with them get banned. If you argue with someone that hates Calipari, you’re all the sudden labeled a trouble maker. How backwards a$$ is that?
Oh look, BallerCal is back.....again

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Show me where I said I was for certain. Please don’t put words in my mouth to fit your narrative. Thanks.
not supporting his narrative... but he asked, how do you know who has been offered? from your question
He never said you were certain, you actually put words in his mouth.

I love a good fight, but you guys can definitely do better... ;)

Last edited:
not supporting his narrative... but he ask, how do you know who has been offered? from your question
He never said you were certain, you actually put words in his mouth.

I love a good fight, but you guys can definitely do better... ;)
I’m starting to think he’s interviewing people and not convincing or not assuring them that he’s going to stay.

Starting to wonder if candidates are asking Cal for assurances that he'll be here and not hearing what they want to hear. (Lots of here’s here)
I heard that they heard that he heard that someone heard, that the assuranced were only like a 50 million to one, At least that's what I heard

It will be the exact same way for a head coaching hunt. People will still pile it on cal 10 years later. Hard to look the truth in the eyes
Cal made this bed and he has to lie in it. He is plateaued as a coach. You can argue whether or not he can still cut it but I see him as unwilling to put in the work.

Last edited:
How many of y’all have applied for the position?

We have some top notch coaches who just meed that one break. Maybe this is the opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT