ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Bamba, who speaks four African dialects

Got that Diallo (Not this one, the other one) thang going on...I guess he can talk to anyone... I do hope he can listen a little too....jmuo

He's an impressive kid. You don't get a basketball offer to Harvard for being dumb. He's a pretty damn intelligent, that's for sure.

Adam Zagoria‏@AdamZagoria 6h6 hours ago
6-foot-11 Mohamed Bamba is down to 4 schools but did you know he speaks 4 African dialects ?

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/za...ming-future-nba-global-ambassador-china-trip/
Often players that come from or have close family from Africa, speak multiple dialects. His parents are from Ivory Coast (French), one set of grandparents is from Mali. Each country speaks different dialects.

Doing some lookup and the Ivory Coast has a language for each person. Not really but there are over 70 dialects. Mali uses at least 13 different dialects, including French and Bambara.

Everything I've read about him says he's a remarkable young man, who also happens to be a pretty good ball player.

Won't do you much good in this part of the country. you could speak 40 different african dialects and still wouldn't be able to communicate.

Got that Diallo (Not this one, the other one) thang going on...I guess he can talk to anyone... I do hope he can listen a little too....jmuo
Diallo was from a bilingual country. Everyone from Mali speaks at least 3 or 4 languages.

Often players that come from or have close family from Africa, speak multiple dialects. His parents are from Ivory Coast (French), one set of grandparents is from Mali. Each country speaks different dialects.

Doing some lookup and the Ivory Coast has a language for each person. Not really but there are over 70 dialects. Mali uses at least 13 different dialects, including French and Bambara.
Bambara? He doesn't need buildings named after him, he already has a language.

Reactions: LeonThe Camel
ADVERTISEMENT