ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas signs Musselman to new 5 year deal

I look for the Hog's to make some noise in the near future.

No doubt. :)

BQLgnW2.gif

Musselman receives additional compensation for success in the SEC and success in the NCAAT!

Cal has to be the only coach with no on court incentives built into his contract. He gets paid the same if he loses every game. Pathetic!
I know I like how most coaches have incentive based contracts but not Calipari. I would sure love to have his agent!

Arkansas fans deserve a good coach and some good ball to watch. Have always admired their passion for basketball. Glad we took monk from them.

fwiw, sec really needs to reel back in the refs and fouls per game. The league is fast twitch and could be one of the most entertaining if properly reffed. It’s basically the opposite of big ten ball.

He’s an NBA lifer ... got to think he goes back to the League at some point. But till he does, Arkansas is a great spot.

Crazy fan support, every resource you need to win and realistic expectations.
This Razorback Fan is ecstatic! Coach Musselman is a fantastic coach seems to be a perfect fit for Arkansas, and the contract seems to be tailored well for all parties.

He very well may have a desire to try the NBA again and leave at some point, but he has also spoken many times about how easy the college game is for the coaching staff and the players compared to the grind of the NBA. He is technically a west coast guy, so as long as UCLA and USC remain filled, I am not too concerned about his departure anytime real soon.

Last edited:
I know I like how most coaches have incentive based contracts but not Calipari. I would sure love to have his agent!
Is that true? I’m pretty sure he still gets bonuses on top of what he already makes for SEC and NCAA tournament wins

Is that true? I’m pretty sure he still gets bonuses on top of what he already makes for SEC and NCAA tournament wins
Not since he got his lifetime contract.

The only monetary incentive found in Calipari'scontract is a $50,000 bonus if his team posts an Academic Progress Rate above 975

Reactions: gwjenning
Musselman receives additional compensation for success in the SEC and success in the NCAAT!

Cal has to be the only coach with no on court incentives built into his contract. He gets paid the same if he loses every game. Pathetic!
When you're proven that's what happens

What is his buyout?

$7.5 million but it goes down to just $2 million after next year. Not a whole lot but Arkansas wouldn't owe him a lot if we had to fire him either. He's now the 7th highest paid coach in college basketball so even with the low buyout a school would still probably have to pay a lot if they wanted to pry him away. Our AD isn't a big fan of large buyouts on either side, said yesterday he'd rather trust coaches on their word that they want to be here. Guess we'll find out lol. Musselman also gets a $1.5 million bonus if he's still the coach in 2026 as long as we aren't under sanctions or any NCAA trouble.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
This Razorback Fan is ecstatic! Coach Musselman is a fantastic coach seems to be a perfect fit for Arkansas, and the contract seems to be tailored well for all parties.

He very well may have a desire to try the NBA again and leave at some point, but he has also spoken many times about how easy the college game is for the coaching staff and the players compared to the grind of the NBA. He is technically a west coast guy, so as long as UCLA and USC remain filled, I am not too concerned about his departure anytime real soon.

Interesting.

Last edited:
The noise is a car crash. Musselman has lost three straight and 5 of his last six.

Didn't you hear? The word around the water cooler is that the malcontents had a meeting last night (Fresca's all around) and have scrapped all plans. They are ALL-IN on Drew now......They know it will not happen but it will allow them to keep pushing the narrative.

I thought they posted his contract a while back. Obviously don’t know how legit it was but it did have incentives for various milestones. Are we sure his contract doesn’t have them or ....

You Debbie Downers need a new team to cheer for. UK, Cal, Barnhart are/will never do the right things to please you. Lifetime contract--No, incentives nope. style of coaching-no again. What will it take? Someone like Georgia has? How about Creepy Crean? Or Huggy Huggins? sheeeessshhhh..

I thought they posted his contract a while back. Obviously don’t know how legit it was but it did have incentives for various milestones. Are we sure his contract doesn’t have them or ....
Not since he got his lifetime contract.

You Debbie Downers need a new team to cheer for. UK, Cal, Barnhart are/will never do the right things to please you. Lifetime contract--No, incentives nope. style of coaching-no again. What will it take? Someone like Georgia has? How about Creepy Crean? Or Huggy Huggins? sheeeessshhhh..

Most of them couldn’t get laid at a brothel with a fist full of 50’s and vent about it here.

The noise is a car crash. Musselman has lost three straight and 5 of his last six.

Transfer model definitely didn't work out this year. If it wasn't sandwiched between an Elite 8 season and a top 5 recruiting class coming in next season he'd be getting a lot more heat but don't think fans should panic over one down year unless it becomes a pattern.

Should have known we can't be good at both basketball and football in the same year lol.

Jumped the gun. Just like Melvin Tucker at Michigan State football. I watched a lot of his Nevada teams, I find him to be extremely overrated as a coach. Now that everyone else is also raiding transfers, he’s in trouble because he’s a one trick pony

Again, what does this topic have to do with Cal and UK?

Gets old. Just take some time off and find another team and whine on that board. It’s so tiresome.
You must be a loner. Nobody could stick around you thru the constant Eor type complaining.

Again, what does this topic have to do with Cal and UK?

Gets old. Just take some time off and find another team and whine on that board. It’s so tiresome.
You must be a loner. Nobody could stick around you thru the constant Eor type complaining.
This was from April. Someone else revived the post.
Put some Desitin on your diaper rash, some lice shampoo on your crotch crabs, and chill out!

This was from April. Someone else revived the post.
Put some Desitin on your diaper rash, some lice shampoo on your crotch crabs, and chill out!
I’m fine. Enjoying the process and season.

You’re the one with a constant menstrual cycle whining about the UK team and coaches. Every topic. Find a team and coach you enjoy and buy some Midol.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowboyGumBoots

Yes you are pathetic on that we can agree idiot

Reactions: Kybluedude
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT