ADVERTISEMENT

Are You Going to Our Bowl For the First Time?

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
Just curious.

I’ve been to all of them since 1993, and that Peach Bowl was the closest to a draw on crowd size I have seen.

The rest have been overwhelmingly Kentucky fans.

The Liberty bowl when Brooks was here seemed pretty close, East Carolina brought a lot of folks.

Reactions: The-Hack
Hardly. Saw Troy play there though. I’m a Troy grad. My moniker is for TB Bucs. Lived down there for a few years.

This will be my first bowl game, I try to go to either one away game or the bowl game every year(it's always been the road game). This year I managed both.

The Liberty bowl when Brooks was here seemed pretty close, East Carolina brought a lot of folks.

Yes, it was pretty close.

I sat on the 40 yard line of the MCB in 1999, on the Syracuse side, in the Club Level, and saw maybe 4 Cuse fans.

Reactions: cmark22
Will be my first bowl game! Making it a family affair as I’m bringing my wife, son and his wife, daughter and her boyfriend. Section 135...staying at the Grand Bohemian.

Will be my first bowl game! Making it a family affair as I’m bringing my wife, son and his wife, daughter and her boyfriend. Section 135...staying at the Grand Bohemian.
In the middle of the Penn State section, I'm sure you won't be the only ones over there.

First bowl for all of you?
Yes, first for all of us. The wife actually was trying to surprise me for Christmas with the tickets and couldn’t find any on the KY side. I hope there’s a big showing of UK fans on that side!

Reactions: BlueRupp
I'd be tempted to go if I didn't already have the expense of sending my wife and daughter to Disney World for Cheer Nationals in less than 2 months. Plus I would have to go by myself if I could since no one else in this house or my immediate family really cares about football. That's not a very fun road trip.

Plus I would have to go by myself if I could since no one else in this house or my immediate family really cares about football.

Educate them, my friend.

A lonely football fan must sit’em down and make ‘em understand the game!

Peach Bow, 1976. Weather was brutal. Had the best of times until the sun set and placed our seats in the shadows. Still great fun.

You better be headed to Sunny Florida if you braved the tundra that was Atlanta in ‘76!!!!

I watched us crush North Carolina, on TV, and still caught a cold!

Reactions: Hjack and UKvisitor
Educate them, my friend.

A lonely football fan must sit’em down and make ‘em understand the game!

Heck I tried. My son is in the video game generation that doesn't care about sports. My wife hates football and barely pays attention to basketball anymore. My daughter's a middle school cheerleader and she is only worried about hanging out with her friends. Probably won't even care when she starts cheering at the high school games.

To be fair, I didn't really start following football until my late teens. I grew up in a UL basketball household and it was during UL's hayday. I don't really know how I ended up pulling for Kentucky. Probably because blue was my favorite color and also in spite of my stepdad and his UL fanhood. It's easy to grow up in a household with fans of the same teams as yours. It's definitely more challenging when it's with rival fans.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT