ADVERTISEMENT

Are recruits on a visit allowed around our NBA players

nookam

Sophomore
Mar 4, 2012
I know the Drake thing was a minor secondary, but young recruits could be heavily influenced just by meeting some of the great pro's we have in the NBA. Is this permitted? Is it allowed only once they are signed?
I can imagine a young recruit meeting Anthony Davis, Boogie Cousins, John Wall. etc. would be on cloud 9.

I know the Drake thing was a minor secondary, but young recruits could be heavily influenced just by meeting some of the great pro's we have in the NBA. Is this permitted? Is it allowed only once they are signed?
I can imagine a young recruit meeting Anthony Davis, Boogie Cousins, John Wall. etc. would be on cloud 9.

Ask UNC and Jordan...

Every recruit will meet and usually play pickup games with several former UK, current NBA players along with the current team. It's one of the major selling points on a kids visit.

The Drake thing wasn't a violation because they met him, it was a violation they took pictures with Drake during an official visit to UK. Good chance I'm missing a bit of it, but it's the publication and pictures of said meeting that is the violation because it's considered a "benefit" to arrange meetings with celebs or public figures on visits.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT