ADVERTISEMENT

Appy Polly Loggies to PJ

I said it wouldn't surprise me. Never said I wouldn't express just how much BS it is and how tired of being right I am. ( I said last year there is a new trend that looks to be emerging. Players sitting out, guys leaving without a guarantee ect. Just felt it, still do.

Ole Morrightneedingaleftsky is on da jazz...

We still might not know who's coming back for 12 full days. Then we can start getting pumped for the Bahamas trip

PJ might stay in the draft but he has zero chance to be a 1st rounder. Like none . He at very best can be a top 45 pick and not drafted or lower then 45 is the most likely. Just look at the mock drafts. I checked out 13 and 3 had him being drafted and none higher then 49.If he told the truth last night that means he is coming back. I believe though that WG and JV come back and PJ makes the mistake and stays in .

Reactions: catben
I said it in November that we would lose most of our team. The replies I got were "where do you think PJ and Wenyen are going? There is no way they can go to the NBA AND SGA is a 3 year player at best".

Well, here the hell we are. You don't have to be good at UK, you only need measurables and potential.

Other programs keep PJ Washington's, Alexander's and Vanderbilt's for 4 years, not us, we seem to be the only program that loses kids that only had marginal seasons to the league.

If we lose all our experience we are looking at another 10 loss season and sweet 16, if that.

Jeff you definitely were one of the first and most consistent regarding so many leaving.

I honestly had no idea just how bad the NBA has become that Diallo, a SG that cannot shoot, and who absolutely could not be on the floor at the end of games in college is even being considered a first rounder or that an undersized PF without handles and a jumper is remotely close to being draftable.

Not to mention a player who was not an elite prospect that played only a handful of games with questionable injuries, zero shooting skills and despite the myth he was ever truly considered a first rounder (dispelled by Giovanni) is even considering the jump.

Kids must be in this position because the NBA as a whole truly sucks outside a handful of teams. Even as a true blue fan I can honestly say that I would fire my GM if he drafted any one of the 3 in either round.

Jeff you definitely were one of the first and most consistent regarding so many leaving.

I honestly had no idea just how bad the NBA has become that Diallo, a SG that cannot shoot, and who absolutely could not be on the floor at the end of games in college is even being considered a first rounder or that an undersized PF without handles and a jumper is remotely close to being draftable.

Not to mention a player who was not an elite prospect that played only a handful of games with questionable injuries, zero shooting skills and despite the myth he was ever truly considered a first rounder (dispelled by Giovanni) is even considering the jump.

Kids must be in this position because the NBA as a whole truly sucks outside a handful of teams. Even as a true blue fan I can honestly say that I would fire my GM if he drafted any one of the 3 in either round.
I honestly think it goes back to Cal. I truly believe he knows how to get marginal players, that have good measurables, size and athleticism, to the league no matter what.

I've felt that way for a long time and that's why I stated back in November that we would probably lose a bunch off this team.

It sucks because this was the perfect scenario we needed for a 14/15 type season in 18/19. We still might see that if these 3 players return. I have my doubts though. I feel like PJ is gone and he is the one we need the most. I don't think JV will stay healthy and WG, as much as I love his energy, is a one dimensional player. PJ can be a stud in the paint next season for us.

Doesn't matter that they were second tier 5 star players, this is Kentucky and it's what is expected. They come here to leave.

It's awesome that these kids get to jump to the NBA after one year, I just wish it was only the kids that were truly too good for college. I wish it wasn't based so much on a kids potential, but it is.

I'm not being negative, I'm calling out what we all are seeing and I feel like we are going to look back on the Cal era and recognize how many players he put in the NBA, but we're also going to wonder what might have been. Because Cal is underrated as a coach IMO. Sure he's made some errors in big games, but he bleeds everything out of these players quicker than any coach I've ever seen and if he was able to hang on to more of these marginal players, he would have more titles and one less NIT appearance.

Bring on the 3 and done rule.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
PJ Washington had the greatest 10 point 5 rebound game in history apparently. Dropping 10 and 5 against a bunch of projected second round picks has boosted him into the first round.

I honestly think it goes back to Cal. I truly believe he knows how to get marginal players, that have good measurables, size and athleticism, to the league no matter what.

I've felt that way for a long time and that's why I stated back in November that we would probably lose a bunch off this team.

It sucks because this was the perfect scenario we needed for a 14/15 type season in 18/19. We still might see that if these 3 players return. I have my doubts though. I feel like PJ is gone and he is the one we need the most. I don't think JV will stay healthy and WG, as much as I love his energy, is a one dimensional player. PJ can be a stud in the paint next season for us.

Doesn't matter that they were second tier 5 star players, this is Kentucky and it's what is expected. They come here to leave.

It's awesome that these kids get to jump to the NBA after one year, I just wish it was only the kids that were truly too good for college. I wish it wasn't based so much on a kids potential, but it is.

I'm not being negative, I'm calling out what we all are seeing and I feel like we are going to look back on the Cal era and recognize how many players he put in the NBA, but we're also going to wonder what might have been. Because Cal is underrated as a coach IMO. Sure he's made some errors in big games, but he bleeds everything out of these players quicker than any coach I've ever seen and if he was able to hang on to more of these marginal players, he would have more titles and one less NIT appearance.

Bring on the 3 and done rule.

If the NBA is drafting solely on Cal it just reinforces my opinion that the NBA sucks and is very stupid.

Outside of a handful of teams it is a group of dysfunctional idiots fighting over lottery slots each and every year.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If the NBA is drafting solely on Cal it just reinforces my opinion that the NBA sucks and is very stupid.

Outside of a handful of teams it is a group of dysfunctional idiots fighting over lottery slots each and every year.
This is very true and is why I say go ahead and change the rules so these players have to stay in college for 2 or 3 years if they don't jump straight to the NBA. Yeah, CBB will lose some talent, but I trust Cal to take what's left and outcoach everyone else.

There are plenty of us that felt like would lose the majority of this team to either the NBA or transfer. We were called all sorts of names and were told that Cal had changed his recruiting and most of this team would return. It is the culture has created here and we are left to deal with it.

Now all 3 May yet come back, but I have concerns how healthy JV can stay. If we have to lose just one, let it be JV for health reasons.

Reactions: brianpoe
There are plenty of us that felt like would lose the majority of this team to either the NBA or transfer. We were called all sorts of names and were told that Cal had changed his recruiting and most of this team would return. It is the culture has created here and we are left to deal with it.

Now all 3 May yet come back, but I have concerns how healthy JV can stay. If we have to lose just one, let it be JV for health reasons.

I think it’s pretty obvious Cal did not want anyone leaving early this season, with the exception of Shai, since we know he tried to get Knox to stay.

Shai is too good of a story and recruiting tool...

Cal know Hami, PJ, Wenyen and Jared are not remotely close to being league material and those leaving for 2nd Round and undrafted free agency do not help us in recruiting or as a team.

ADVERTISEMENT