ADVERTISEMENT

Appy Polly Loggies to PJ

SilentsAreGolden

All-American
Dec 12, 2007
So, I read that PJ is really helping himself at the combine with another good outing today. Starting to think he is going play himself into the first round. It's not that we were going off only our own prejudices though. All the scouts have been telling us he isn't ready. Maybe we need to pump the brakes though on some of our comments in situations like this. If he proves us all wrong, then that is a testament to his hard work and determination. We fans have a tendency to snap judgements and popping off with our limited knowledge.

Would love to have him back but hes probably one of the most replaceable players weve had at UK in this position on the verge of going/staying.

No idea what he does, but I would be shocked to see him go first round. Shocked.

John Wall and those guys were fun to watch.
Brandon Knight took us to a Final Four.
Anthony Davis and crew won a championship.
Nerlens Noel was fun to watch.
Julius Randle and friends went to the championship.
Karl Anthony-Towns' year was exceptionally fun.
Tyler Ulis and Jamal Murray were fun to watch.
Fox, Monk, and Bam were fun.

This year was hard to watch for the most part, was only ever really fun a couple of times, and couldn't take advantage of a historically busted bracket.
But it was all ok because we'd get all but Knox, Hami, and Alexander back. A rebuilding year, laying the foundation for the next season.
Only we've lost Jones now, too, and Washington seems likely. I can't help but feel like the only thing we got out of this season was an experienced Quade Green and oft-injured Vanderbilt.

Feels like very nearly a complete waste as a fan. At the very least, frustrating.

Said it in all of the pj threads. This is UK, Cal is the coach, the system is unpredictable. I don't guess any of it. Pj could leave for Europe in the end and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Don't sell yourself short Morlaidbacksky, you'll jump up and down, yell, and biotch with the best of them if PJ doesn't come back to UK.

Kids like PJ get on my nerves! He's not ready...if he hates UK that much then freaking leave & don't let the door hit you!

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1

This year was hard to watch for the most part, was only ever really fun a couple of times, and couldn't take advantage of a historically busted bracket.
But it was all ok because we'd get all but Knox, Hami, and Alexander back. A rebuilding year, laying the foundation for the next season.
Only we've lost Jones now, too, and Washington seems likely. I can't help but feel like the only thing we got out of this season was an experienced Quade Green and oft-injured Vanderbilt.

Feels like very nearly a complete waste as a fan. At the very least, frustrating.

Nobody ever thought we were getting Knox and Hami back. Most also predicted Vanderbilt would be a lottery pick if he could stay healthy. SGA has been the only real surprise.

Nobody ever thought we were getting Knox and Hami back. Most also predicted Vanderbilt would be a lottery pick if he could stay healthy. SGA has been the only real surprise.

That's why I said "all but Knox, Hami, and Alexander". By season's end it was clear those three were gone. The rest, most assumed would be back and the season would have been worth it. I'm not feeling like it was worth it right now.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Some on here told us all bluntly that Cal had changed his recruiting and this class would be most would come back. So far only Green is coming back.

Hard to know who to believe. None of those are eating crow, either.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Some on here told us all bluntly that Cal had changed his recruiting and this class would be most would come back. So far only Green is coming back.

Richards.

Reactions: brianpoe
Green is back. Richards is back. As of now there is an excellent chance Washington and Vanderbilt will be back. Gabriel may be back for his junior year. You might want to wait before ordering up crow for anyone - not that it would be appropriate anyway. Cal did a fantastic job of reloading. The system is what it is and 19 year olds chasing millions of dollars are hard to manipulate unless you are a liar like Roy or K.

I don’t understand the point of complaining about things we have no control over.

UK will field a basketball team next year. I intend on cheering for them. I envy guys like PJ who have the option to choose between the NBA or another year at UK. Those are two great options. I hope it works out for him.

Turn it on? He’s putting up numbers he put up at UK. It’s not like he’s dropping 30 and 20 boards. Just playing well just like he did while at UK

Wonder why he waited til the end of the season to turn it on while here?

Don’t know about KU but Alexander was fun to watch for me because no one guard, no matter how fast he was, could stay in front of him

I just don't see him coming back.I watched him a lot in HS .I thought he would be a star..I think he's much better than we saw and he would kill if he returns ..Would be a top 10-15 pick next year..so much for "UK is my dream school"

I said it in November that we would lose most of our team. The replies I got were "where do you think PJ and Wenyen are going? There is no way they can go to the NBA AND SGA is a 3 year player at best".

Well, here the hell we are. You don't have to be good at UK, you only need measurables and potential.

Other programs keep PJ Washington's, Alexander's and Vanderbilt's for 4 years, not us, we seem to be the only program that loses kids that only had marginal seasons to the league.

If we lose all our experience we are looking at another 10 loss season and sweet 16, if that.

I don’t understand the point of complaining about things we have no control over.

UK will field a basketball team next year. I intend on cheering for them. I envy guys like PJ who have the option to choose between the NBA or another year at UK. Those are two great options. I hope it works out for him.
Pretty simple really. Losing all our best talent every year puts the program into rebuild mode constantly.

We're losing our talent long before they ever blossom and it's costing us wins and possibly titles.

You might call it complaining and that's fine, but I call it discussing what's happening.

You can't win it all with freshmen, Cal has tried and tried again, but it usually results in 10 loss seasons find early exits. If PJ, Vandy and WG leave we are looking at another ultra young team and another 10 loss season. The SEC is no joke now and our pre conference slate isn't much easier.

Pretty simple really. Losing all our best talent every year puts the program into rebuild mode constantly.

We're losing our talent long before they ever blossom and it's costing us wins and possibly titles.

You might call it complaining and that's fine, but I call it discussing what's happening.

You can't win it all with freshmen, Cal has tried and tried again, but it usually results in 10 loss seasons find early exits. If PJ, Vandy and WG leave we are looking at another ultra young team and another 10 loss season. The SEC is no joke now and our pre conference slate isn't much easier.
Your perception of the program differs from mine. I recall more deep runs than early exits. I also see more returns this year than usual.

Still I have no control over what these kids do. And if I was in their position would be very tempted to go make millions. But go ahead and continue to dwell on the negative if that’s your thing.

Don't sell yourself short Morlaidbacksky, you'll jump up and down, yell, and biotch with the best of them if PJ doesn't come back to UK.

I said it wouldn't surprise me. Never said I wouldn't express just how much BS it is and how tired of being right I am. ( I said last year there is a new trend that looks to be emerging. Players sitting out, guys leaving without a guarantee ect. Just felt it, still do.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Selfishly I want him back, but if he can play well enough to convince someone to take him in the First Round I can't blame him. Still hope he stays if he's not First Round, though.

Your perception of the program differs from mine. I recall more deep runs than early exits. I also see more returns this year than usual.

Still I have no control over what these kids do. And if I was in their position would be very tempted to go make millions. But go ahead and continue to dwell on the negative if that’s your thing.

Yeah, granted that will probably change if we keep not returning anyone, but so far there's been more Elite Eight/Final Four caliber runs than early exits.

I said it wouldn't surprise me. Never said I wouldn't express just how much BS it is and how tired of being right I am. ( I said last year there is a new trend that looks to be emerging. Players sitting out, guys leaving without a guarantee ect. Just felt it, still do.
You are preaching to the choir, brother.

He is not going in
I fail to see what position PJ plays in the pros.
A 5- no way
A 4 -nope
A 3- no handle+ no shot

*sighs*. Oh well.
He is not going first round! I doubt if any guys even close to the first round actually scrimmaged. If he is good with going 50 then I wish him luck. To me it makes no sense when you know the draft is weak next year, oh well.

Reactions: brianpoe

Nah, I'm not dwelling on the negative. Just calling it as I see it. I'm a UK fan, I couldn't care less about the NBA.

But I hope you're right about getting more players back than usual. It just seems like these kids want to go, even if they have to go to the D league or overseas.

Playing for Cal at UK can't be THAT bad, but maybe it is. I know it isn't easy.

Said it in all of the pj threads. This is UK, Cal is the coach, the system is unpredictable. I don't guess any of it. Pj could leave for Europe in the end and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

He could leave to bag groceries and I wouldn’t be surprised.

He's NOT going in the first round but he still might leave.

Which is the best joke I’ve read all day. Thanks a bunch. Gonna laugh to not cry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT