ADVERTISEMENT

AP poll continues to punish Kentucky for winning

One thing to keep in mind is that whether we end up as a 1 seed or a 6 seed, the Selection Committee will be sure to put us in the toughest possible bracket they can.

Might as well keep complainly loudly. It may bring some light on the subjects. Roaches and rats hate the light.

Reactions: awf and Mr_GG
Both answers are right. On one hand it matters where we finish. On the other hand, it's ALWAYS a win win being ranked as high as possible at all times for exposure, recruiting, history, record books.

Cats drop to #8 this week
We--and especially the players on this team--have significantly more things to worry about than a worthless poll. Frankly, we're a long, long way from being the nation's eighth best team. I've already seen several teams who certainly appear to be our equal or better right now. We need to work on defensive play, communicating, rebounding fundamentals, ball handling, and taking good shots. We are still getting our "sea legs" playing the more difficult, ramped up basketball known as college basketball. At times, like the last seven minutes against Harvard, we looked pretty crappy and scored only five points...not great to end a game. I don't expect this team to be one of the elite teams this year, but may be truly special next year. I hope I am wrong. Polls really mean very, very little.

There are legit times when the polls disrespect UK............. this is not one of those times. We are ranked well ahead of where we should be. I doubt we could win at home against top 15 teams right now
You don't think we could beat Kansas in Rupp after we lost by one on a neutral court?

We--and especially the players on this team--have significantly more things to worry about than a worthless poll. Frankly, we're a long, long way from being the nation's eighth best team. I've already seen several teams who certainly appear to be our equal or better right now. We need to work on defensive play, communicating, rebounding fundamentals, ball handling, and taking good shots. We are still getting our "sea legs" playing the more difficult, ramped up basketball known as college basketball. At times, like the last seven minutes against Harvard, we looked pretty crappy and scored only five points...not great to end a game. I don't expect this team to be one of the elite teams this year, but may be truly special next year. I hope I am wrong. Polls really mean very, very little.
We were fine against Harvard until we went to the "grind it out offense"! We just aren't ready to play methodical offense right now, but we won't ever be until we do it enough to understand how well it can be played!

We actually slipped after that game.

If it was right now, we'd be a three point underdog in Rupp vs Kansas.

Not that it really matters anyways.

I suspect if we see them in March the line will be close on a neutral court.

The same reason Mich. St. is ranked as the highest 1 loss team. A loss to the media darling Dukies is worth 2 top 25 wins for any other team.

Cal LOVES being able to play the "we get no respect" line to motivate his teams. Our young group needs anything Cal can use to make them pay attention.

So I hope we keep getting overlooked and the Pukies keep getting blown up.

Because every writer on the West Coast thinks Billy Donovan is still the coach at Florida, and every writer on the East Coast wishes he still was.

ADVERTISEMENT