ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone want to read tomorrow’s paper today?

rockout1

Sophomore
Oct 21, 2012
Cat’s struggle to stop Auburn’s penetration leading to Tigers 3 point barrage.

We all know we don’t have anymore to keep Auburn’s guards & wings (especially Cooper) out of the lane ultimately leading to wide open 3 point shots. Cal will go to a zone for about 3 possessions to help with penetration but will go out of it after first Auburn offensive rebound.

Here are two possible headlines for Sunday's paper:

"Whining Reaches New Heights Among Worst Of Kentucky Basketball Fans"

or

"Whining Fans Temporarily Vanish As Cats Beat Auburn"

Tomorrow's paper will be out before the game, but facts never penetrate the skulls of the truly stupid.

We all know we don’t have anymore to keep Auburn’s guards & wings (especially Cooper) out of the lane ultimately leading to wide open 3 point shots. Cal will go to a zone for about 3 possessions to help with penetration but will go out of it after first Auburn offensive rebound.
You scared?

Reactions: MakinMusic
If they hit 20 threes then we just pack our bags and go home, because we aren't going to guard them out there. We have too much pride to play zone the whole game to keep them out of the lane. I know we have the depth advantage but we don't want to pressure them the whole game and make them tired down the stretch. It's just going to be hard. They will want it as much as we do, maybe more. Even though we have a talent and depth advantage, it's just going to be hard because we aren't going to change the way we play for nobody. If we lose we lose. But it's all about these kids. They are young. It's about their future and I'm just not going to budge on that. Just going to have to learn and it's going to take time. Just got to figure it out.

BigBlue.. you deserve a Like for that one. We have different opinions but that was pretty good.
Let's win tomorrow!

Pathetic fans trashing 18 year old kids!

I don't think it's their fault. They are who they are, with unique strengths and weaknesses. I wish Cal would map out the best course of action, with the players he has, to maximize their chances of winning. It's incredibly frustrating to watch us play the same losing style game after game. I'm just an ignorant Benny (to paraphrase Cal), but surely you don't think we run an efficient offense or defense.

You have a DeLorean you are moving? If so, I am interested. TIA

d0d2d059bb0965d1fbc98efd93543585.jpg

You think 18 year old kids are reading The Cat Pause message board? OK
I did when I was 18. However I doubt the players are. That said, these sentiments are also being posted on Twitter and Facebook where we know they are seeing then.

If they hit 20 threes then we just pack our bags and go home, because we aren't going to guard them out there. We have too much pride to play zone the whole game to keep them out of the lane. I know we have the depth advantage but we don't want to pressure them the whole game and make them tired down the stretch. It's just going to be hard. They will want it as much as we do, maybe more. Even though we have a talent and depth advantage, it's just going to be hard because we aren't going to change the way we play for nobody. If we lose we lose. But it's all about these kids. They are young. It's about their future and I'm just not going to budge on that. Just going to have to learn and it's going to take time. Just got to figure it out.

EXCELLENT post. You forgot to say it was their Super Bowl. 🤣

After this season his won loss record for the past 5 seasons will be significantly worse than Tubby’s last 5 years. So there’s that.
I get the last few years have been disappointments, but my question would be who the next guy is.

Ousting Tubby got us Billy Gillispie.

If your gonna jump out of a plane, better make sure you have a good parachute.

That is where I haven’t heard a good “Get rid of Cal, and_________________ is gonna fix everything”

ADVERTISEMENT