ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone using AT&T nighthawk for your ISP ?

in non techno geek language ? Are you saying if I go that route to add these two gadgets ?

The NAS bridge is a free open source download. Just Yahoo! search it and install the zip file that it comes in. The PLEX switch is a piece of hardware. I got mine at Circuit City during their liquidation sale. It boosts the signal and sends it through the NAS so that the signal is defragmented. I've been known to download movies quite a bit, and noticed that a few seconds were missing throughout the film. Turn out I had been missing packets, so when the PLEX was installed, the NAS synced up to TCP/IP and I didn't drop any more. There were several part of movies that I had scene that just made no sense at all until I got those scenes back with NAS and PLEX.

Sly and Billy D approve this setup/thread.

Nighthawks.jpg

I have Verizon hotspots from work that I use at home. Since my work is a school we get true unlimited data. Have no idea what the cost is.

Went with the night hawk last week . Zero Buffering , works great . I get 2 or 3 of the 4 full bar signal at my locale .

ADVERTISEMENT