ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone think Murray will end up better than Booker/Mitchell?

Booker does his thing with every team game planning to stop him. Mitchell is not the defensive focus of the opposition and will have to prove himself over the next couple of years when the league adjusts to him. Booker is doing things at an age that when they mention other guys to do it younger, it's Lebron or Kobe. No comparison between the 2 yet. I'll take Book all day everyday.
If Mitchell isn’t the defensive focus on the Jazz then who is ?

If Mitchell isn’t the defensive focus on the Jazz then who is ?
I guess I could have worded it better but if you shut down Mitchell you don't automatically beat Utah. They've got good balance with 7 guys averaging more than 11.8 ppg. They're a team while Phoenix is a joke.

Other than rookie Josh Jackson who else does Booker have? Denver has a solid trio of Murray, Harris, and Jokic.

Oh word?

Last year they had Bledsoe right? And they were horrible right?

And this year TJ Warren made a leap. They still have 2 serviceable bigs in Len & Tyson. Josh is developing. And 2 developing bigs in Bender & Chriss. And they got Payton at the end of the year. And they have Ulis.

They have talent. More than the Nets. More than the Knicks. More than the Kings. They should not be the worst team in the NBA.

That roster isn’t 25 games worse than the Nuggets. Especially considering they played most of the season without Millsap.

I'm wondering how much Utah basketball is being watched by some of the people picking Mitchell. Or the hype train has swayed votes..

I can see it. But Murray and Booker will be close. Mitchell is a volume shooter. Nothing new there.

Booker is good. Can be great. But I don’t know if has the drive. He’s not a dog.

Jamal Murray is a dog. Can shoot just as good if not better than Booker. Better defender. Just as cocky.

I love them both as players. But Booker is more into the glory while Murray is a grinder and there for the Ws.

You can tell such intimate details about all 3 of those players ?

Who I’d choose to build a team around? You have to go Mitchell right now. He’s proving he can do it for a good team. Booker is putting up numbers on a bad team and Murray has weaknesses that probably won’t go away.

Did he prove it that he could “do it ” for katina??? Just wondering

Murray does seem to have a little more fire when he's out there than other two guys.

He'll figure out defense eventually. He gives effort on that end and he doesn't have Mitchell's athleticism or bookers size but he's got plenty of both for a combo guard.

I could see it.

It's just that Denver team has two other young studs with tons of potential in Jokic and Harris.

i don't think Murray will be relied upon as heavily as a playmaker/scorer going forward as Mitchell.

Booker does his thing with every team game planning to stop him. Mitchell is not the defensive focus of the opposition and will have to prove himself over the next couple of years when the league adjusts to him. Booker is doing things at an age that when they mention other guys to do it younger, it's Lebron or Kobe. No comparison between the 2 yet. I'll take Book all day everyday.
Just one question. Who the heck are defense focusing on stopping in Utah if not Mitchell?

We had Melo. He couldn’t get it done. Jamal won’t either, but he will likely sign a very lucrative contract with the Nuggets. Good man who has made himself a place in Denver.

Booker is a bad team good stats guy. Some really good players are those kind of guys. He scored 70 points in a game was -6 on the plus/minus and his team still lost by 10 points. Booker just also had his best season and averaged 24. It's not like he's getting 35ppg on a bad team, I get the Booker love to a degree because he was a cat but I don't know that he'll really be anything special in terms of leading a great team.

Mitchell is the guy you'd take if you watch the NBA and I think anyone would tell you that. Murray over Booker which is why this thread started, I could get behind that maybe based on some of the things you mentioned, ball handling, passing, etc... He's every bit the scorer and shooter Booker is. Plus Murray has a hunger and mentality to him I just don't see Booker having at least currently.

I've been arguing for the entire season that Murray will end up a much better player than Mitchell, it's inevitable. He has great games all the time, once he gets consistent with his great games he will be a star.

And how is it “inevitable”? Please explain that

You can tell such intimate details about all 3 of those players ?

I don’t think the details are that intimate. I watch Murray & Booker play a lot. Learn their characteristics. And pay attention.

I’m gonna be honest, watching a Suns vs Nuggets game is prime game watching for me. Cuz I love both players.

And I think if the Suns make a good draft pick and BO bounces back they can improve on their record about 15 games.

Are we talking about Donovan Mitchell? If so then he’s easily number one. His team wasn’t even supposed to make the playoffs after losing their best player. He’s killing in the playoffs and lead a team with less talent than Dever to the second round. Not sure what metric others are using but in reality he’s easily leading the pack

I've been arguing for the entire season that Murray will end up a much better player than Mitchell, it's inevitable. He has great games all the time, once he gets consistent with his great games he will be a star.

So that means Booker is a Volume shooter since he shoots more than Mitchell right? Only one has lead his team to the playoffs. And no one can use the excuse that they should have made it because no one had he jazz even close to sniffing the playoffs before the season, then Mitchell doesn’t just make it and lead them to a 5 seed but he also wins the first round in dominate fashion. The real debate should be who is second between Booker and Murray since all the proof says who number one is

I can see it. But Murray and Booker will be close. Mitchell is a volume shooter. Nothing new there.

Booker is good. Can be great. But I don’t know if has the drive. He’s not a dog.

Jamal Murray is a dog. Can shoot just as good if not better than Booker. Better defender. Just as cocky.

I love them both as players. But Booker is more into the glory while Murray is a grinder and there for the Ws.

Booker scored 70 points in an NBA basketball game on only 40 shots, at age 20.

Jordan and LeBron both have never gotten that many in a game. I'll take that guy any day of the week.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’ve watched every single Utah game, he is the defensive focuse. No one else on the team is even a scorer. Rudy isn’t a scorer, Favors might get you 15 some nights, Rubio, Ingles lol. Read those names out loud, think scorer and watch how loud you laugh

Lol. This is so right that it couldn’t be more “righter”

Mitchell not being the focus of opposing defenses playing the Jazz is completely moronic. It's something so dumb that you should just create a new account and start all over.

Mitchell is def the focal point of the Jazz offense...but the Jazz are winning because they have an ELITE defense.

Don can go off for sure, but he's just a shot taker. He can go for 25 like he did last night....but he's 12 for 40 shooting in his last two games. He's the offense they need to compliment their defense...but I see him being kind of a Westbrook as he goes on...a lot of shots and not really involving his teammates.

IDK how you can't give the edge to Mitchell over Murray at this time. What Mitchell is doing as a rookie on a team that was supposed to be shit is pretty damn amazing. He just has to prove it's not a fluke, and see how he does with teams starting to take him seriously..

But if he plays like this in his sophomore season, he's past Murray. And honestly, that race might be over by end of next season.

Herro will be the best..........I said it . Pure shot and big time trash talker with attitude . Will be starting by SEC time. Should have been rated higher.

Devin Booker is a star. He would have just been a senior in college this year. He will do big things.

Mitchell not a great shooter but he is a great scorer. He can find ways to get to the rim and knows how to drive against bigger defenders and shot blockers. Murray and Booker are elite shooters. All three have franchise player potential. Of that group I'm going Booker / Murray / Mitchell

Mitchell is an elite athlete, and elite athleticism trumps being an elite shooter in the NBA. If Mitchell had gone anywhere besides U of L I doubt there is one person on this board who would have him behind Booker and Murray.

Poor Kev. Two hot takes receiving crickets in this thread.

Kev's not alone. It's amazing how some here still seem stuck in some 1979 mindset where they still believe college basketball is bigger than the pros.

They have no clue just how colossally huge the NBA has become worldwide, nor how far the college game has fallen in the sports pecking order.

Last edited:
Kev's not alone. It's amazing how many here still seem stuck in some 1979 mindset where they still believe college basketball is bigger than the pros.

They have no clue just how colossally huge the NBA has become worldwide, nor how far the college game has fallen in the sports pecking order.
Well good. Does that mean you won’t be posting here any longer? #silver linings

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Mitchell is an elite athlete, and elite athleticism trumps being an elite shooter in the NBA.

I think he has the cleanest shot and best handles of the under-22 guards. He’s more of a late bloomer but I think he’ll be Steph-lite eventually.

#hottake
I'll predict. That this coming season Jamal Murray will join the UK 50 point club. By becoming yet another ex UK player to score 50 or more points in a pro ABA/NBA game. Murray is the kind of talent could have a 60 or 61 point type game & I don't think it would surprise anyone.

Booker scored 70 points in an NBA basketball game on only 40 shots, at age 20.

Jordan and LeBron both have never gotten that many in a game. I'll take that guy any day of the week.
Sure, not many people can get to 70 period, but what Phoenix was doing to get him the necessary possessions, in a game that was a blowout, was pretty shameful. More guys could do it in that scenario than you are insinuating.

Sure, not many people can get to 70 period, but what Phoenix was doing to get him the necessary possessions, in a game that was a blowout, was pretty shameful. More guys could do it in that scenario than you are insinuating.
Then why is it not done that often?

If it was so easy then everyone would do it...the man is 21 years old and averaged 25,4, & 4 this year...that's number MJ and T-Mac were putting up when they were 21.

Then why is it not done that often?

If it was so easy then everyone would do it...the man is 21 years old and averaged 25,4, & 4 this year...that's number MJ and T-Mac were putting up when they were 21.
Because most teams have more pride then that, and would just stop playing the best players in a game that is clearly over. Phoenix sucks and is content to let Booker do what he wants (which includes not even trying on defense) because they want to lose. I give more credit to the guy who does it on a good team but that’s just me.

Kev's not alone. It's amazing how some here still seem stuck in some 1979 mindset where they still believe college basketball is bigger than the pros.

I’m not stuck in any mindset. I just like college basketball. Not the NBA. Sue me.

ADVERTISEMENT