ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here think it's inaccurate

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
... to call Coach Pope a "replacement" for Cal?

I get the term isn't necessarily wrong, but he's so completely different of a coach and person that it sounds OFF calling him a "replacement."

He's the new coach, but he was chosen in good part because he ISN'T Cal-like. Going in a new direction is more accurate to me, so he doesn't seem like a replacement as much as a complete overhaul. I know it's picking nits, but it seems quite a bit different going from Pitino to Tubby than Cal to Pope.

Anybody else thinking the same?

He replaced our former coach therefor he is a replacement. Get what your going for, but he is his replacement. Doesn't mean he can't be an upgrade, but still a replacement.

Reactions: BlueSince92
He replaced our former coach therefor he is a replacement. Get what your going for, but he is his replacement. Doesn't mean he can't be an upgrade, but still a replacement.

Who'd coach Rupp replace?

... to call Coach Pope a "replacement" for Cal?

I get the term isn't necessarily wrong, but he's so completely different of a coach and person that it sounds OFF calling him a "replacement."

He's the new coach, but he was chosen in good part because he ISN'T Cal-like. Going in a new direction is more accurate to me, so he doesn't seem like a replacement as much as a complete overhaul. I know it's picking nits, but it seems quite a bit different going from Pitino to Tubby than Cal to Pope.

Anybody else thinking the same?
Pitino was a replacement for Sutton.

That worked out well, right?

He is the replacement. Cal was the former coach and left. He replaced him and filled the role. I know it's slow but we can do better than this lol.

He "ain't" a Tesla type.

We need a gas guzzler... I think coach Pope is a muscle car waiting for the garage door to open.....

Go CATS!!!

Bad analogy.
A Tesla would beat the brakes off most muscle cars. The Model S Plaid will do 0-60 in two seconds. The dumbass Cybertruck, which weighs about 6500 lb, will do it in 2.6

Bad analogy.
A Tesla would beat the brakes off most muscle cars. The Model S Plaid will do 0-60 in two seconds. The dumbass Cybertruck, which weighs about 6500 lb, will do it in 2.6
:rolleyes:

I'll stick with the gas...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT