ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have any idea

I actually saw a Duffy punt roll back toward U.K.

Bad hair day for all, minus Corker.

When your safety has 17 tackles he is either a beast or something strange is going on.
That something strange thing was "No Big Bo" in the middle of the defense. We had no one who could stop MO runs up the middle........until they got 5-7 yards downfield to the safeties.

When your safety has 17 tackles he is either a beast or something strange is going on.

Yes, remember the season(1994, I think) that Melvin Johnson led the team in tackles and everybody presumed he was awesome. Of course it was because the front 7 were severely undersized/slow/non-athletic so the RBs were consistently getting to the 3rd level

I don't know if this explains the whole day, but I noticed that Duffy was forced more than once to punt from within Kentucky's red zone. The shortened backfield prevented him from using the rugby-style kick at which he excels. So, if you think about it, our offensive ineptitude not only cost us our offense but it neutralized one of our great special team advantages.

I don't know if this explains the whole day, but I noticed that Duffy was forced more than once to punt from within Kentucky's red zone. The shortened backfield prevented him from using the rugby-style kick at which he excels. So, if you think about it, our offensive ineptitude not only cost us our offense but it neutralized one of our great special team advantages.

Can't remember which game but we were on maybe our own 2 yard line and he was able to flip the field. Kicked it all the way to their 30 or something crazy. He can still boot it without that rugby style start.

Not sure what was wrong with everybody. But I definitely think there is something going on with these guys behind closed doors. I don't think the team is seeing eye to eye.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
I think wind was a factor. He tried keep his punts low on purpose. The box score still says he punted for average of 44 yds per punt with 0 return yardage. That’s not bad. On the flip side McGuinness averaged 35 yds per punt but did pin UK inside the 20 several times.

Reactions: Johnfarrel
Exactly and is not thread worthy either...
What is thread worthy is that we had an average starting field position inside MO 20 yard line, while MO starting field position was +40 yard line.

Our best offensive weapon, who normally averages 48+ yards per punt and has flipped field in every game we have played this year to bail out the offense and the defense, for whatever reason did not perform at his normal level and that contributed to our poor field position all game. Duffy routinely unleashes 60-75 yard punts when he has the opportunity at a long field. Saturday, he averaged 44 yards kicking mostly from our 20-30 yard line which gave MO decent field position on almost every possession.

If you don't think that was important, you know nothing about football.

ADVERTISEMENT