ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know who the Missouri commit

I hate to say this, but I hope the players who plan to enter the portal at UK do so soon. That said, if we have some openings between first signing period and second, I could see Big Dog and the staff going hard for some high profile additions.

I hate to say this, but I hope the players who plan to enter the portal at UK do so soon. That said, if we have some openings between first signing period and second, I could see Big Dog and the staff going hard for some high profile additions.

Based on interest from recruits, sounds like they'll enter one way or another. In post game radio interview, stoops said they only concern with recruiting this year is numbers. Said it is a bad year to be low on scholarships. He went on to say some kids will be entering the portal.

So sounds like the number will be based on the interest from recruits/transfers which is apparently very high

Based on interest from recruits, sounds like they'll enter one way or another. In post game radio interview, stoops said they only concern with recruiting this year is numbers. Said it is a bad year to be low on scholarships. He went on to say some kids will be entering the portal.

So sounds like the number will be based on the interest from recruits/transfers which is apparently very high
Fully expect UK to lose several transfers, just not enough PT.

Fully expect UK to lose several transfers, just not enough PT.

Totally agree. Especially on D where several young guys start already. If you're older or the same class - time to hit the portal. Why would they stay?

As an aside, it's incredible the recent talent upgrade. We have kids that can't see the field that in previous years would've been day one starters.

Sounds like there may be some kids pushed out the door.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Your offense is like ours, have to ask why any WR would want to play in either.

I think if we had an accurate passer that we would be throwing a ton more.

I go back to when Drew Barker made his first start against Southern Miss and he was winging it all over the place. After he got hurt, we did not have a QB who could pass it as well (or accurate) as he was able to. S. Johnson did a great job and was good enough to keep the defenses honesst, though.

Then, Wilson was somewhat inaccurate as well and worked hard. This year, it appeared some passes were going to be thrown more than normal, but hard to tell since coaches don't give up much in the first couple of games against OOC opponents.

Of course, Snell was such a good back that there was not a lot of reason to have to air it out all the time.

I think when Beaux Allen gets here and if he throws an accurate college ball, that will change.

I still think we will run it a lot, but definitely will be tossing it around the yard.

Gran does a great job of adapting to his personnel and he has had to do it a lot here.

JMO :)

But that's how recruiting works..."We need you Mr Superstar WR because we want to upgrade our offense!"

The old chicken or the egg scenario. The chicken (good passing offense) doesn't start off that way. You have to get the eggs (good players) first and grow into the chicken.

I think when Beaux Allen gets here and if he throws an accurate college ball, that will change.

JMO :)

Is that the Cajun version?

Reactions: CB3UK
That is selling ice to Eskimoes.

Eventually worked for Alabama though... prior to the last 3 or so years their WRs have largely been pedestrian, but now they might have 4 that will be taken in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft over the next few years.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Eventually worked for Alabama though... prior to the last 3 or so years their WRs have largely been pedestrian, but now they might have 4 that will be taken in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft over the next few years.

Bama can thank Lane Kiffin for their offense. Saban hated it and it eventually cost Kiffin another job, but he opened Saban's eyes. Now he has more talented arms throwing to great athletes playing WR. They may have 3 of them taken in the first round this spring.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Bama can thank Lane Kiffin for their offense. Saban hated it and it eventually cost Kiffin another job, but he opened Saban's eyes. Now he has more talented arms throwing to great athletes playing WR. They may have 3 of them taken in the first round this spring.
My guess is that Saban is wishing he would have run the ball more and slung it around to the pencil necks a lot less and beaten Auburn.

Reactions: K_TIME
My guess is that Saban is wishing he would have run the ball more and slung it around to the pencil necks a lot less and beaten Auburn.

They’ve gone away from the formula they’ve won titles with and they haven’t won a title with it yet. Be interesting to see if they keep sticking with it.

Reactions: The-Hack
I agree... the big TO's early in LSU game (Tua fumbled on scramble in opening drive), last year's Clemson game (pick 6 on opening drive) and plethora of them in Auburn game even with Tua are a big reason why Bama loses those games whereas in year's past they were not as prone to these TOs.

I honestly think the bigger issue is Bama's D has taken a step back is why they've lost the last 2 years more than anything. But I wonder if not being able to run/control the ball will also be considered by Saban why they've taken a step back teh last few years as well.

Not really. I would take risks on Bama's receivers any day of the weak. Especially when Tua was healthy. Even Mac Jones was decent. Bama lost on quirky plays. I don't see any reason why taking the ball out of Jeudy, Smith or Waddle's hands would have improved Bama's chances. Sure there were TOs but they also made huge plays that you would lose the benefit of if you just ran the ball. For every TO or negative play Bama's receivers made you will probably find they made 5 big plays to counter it. The passing game isn't what hurt Bama. They simply lost to teams that are really good.

I agree... the big TO's early in LSU game (Tua fumbled on scramble in opening drive), last year's Clemson game (pick 6 on opening drive) and plethora of them in Auburn game even with Tua are a big reason why Bama loses those games whereas in year's past they were not as prone to these TOs.

I honestly think the bigger issue is Bama's D has taken a step back is why they've lost the last 2 years more than anything. But I wonder if not being able to run/control the ball will also be considered by Saban why they've taken a step back teh last few years as well.
Bama had multiple major injuries to LBs preseason, big reason for step back on D.

I guess it needs to be repeated once again that Eddie Gran wants more balance in our offense but had to do damage control with a WR playing QB after our two top QBs were injured. Anyone who saw us beat Toledo in the opener ought to know what I am talking about if they actually watched closely. UK commitments by Branham, Sanders, and Cummings, plus the upcoming campus visit by Damien Alford, clearly disprove the incorrect narrative that legitimate Power 5 receiver prospects are not interested in playing for Coach Gran at UK.

ADVERTISEMENT