ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know the truth about what happened with Oscar/WVU ?

This may be the worst video put together on YouTube. I couldn't hardly listen at all to this guy's disjointed thinking. Can't the WVU fanbase find somebody better to represent them? I don't get it.

There is likely not another guy in NCAA basketball that works as hard as O. What an idiot this guy is to surmise that Huggins was gonna make Oscar work harder than he wanted to...and that's why he left.
I believe the guy! He doesn't have an ounce of bias for West Va. He is very straightforward, not wearing W. Va. gear or anything...

Reactions: chroix
I can't see Oscar making stuff up about Huggins. When Bob Huggins was calling him lazy and saying he was not willing to work to make changes he needed to make, Oscar took the high road and thanked his former coach. So, if Oscar said Huggins told him these things, I believe him. Everything we've seen from Oscar Tshiebwe tells me he's a guy who has strong character. And I agree with you HagginHall- it is clear Oscar's heart was never at WVU. His handlers pushed him that direction and he went there to please them. But it's clear to me he wanted to be at UK all along. His play was greatly improved once he put on the Wildcat uniform. That makes a huge difference.
Or maybe Huggins was right that he was not working hard. When you get down it’s easy to lose motivation. I think there is some truth to it. Oscar was smart enough to take advantage of a fresh start.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
For the mod that deleted the post, why? Our own players crack jokes about Oscars accent? This keeps happening too over stupid things while guys like 90 slander and accuse the entire fan base of racism and nastiness yet his post remain. Weird.

It’s almost like he’s not just a hall monitor but a Snitch. I’m sure I’ll be booted for this but I don’t care. Do with my body what you must.
hell I got banned for saying it was good for Brooks to go to Washington and he will fit right in woke land. Bam, deleted my post and banned me from talking in the tread. The admins on the site are cancel culture woke just like the rest of the extreme left.

I have been reading and posting on RR for years and never banned. We live in some scary times

hell I can banned for saying it was good for Brooks to go to Washington and he will fit right in woke land. Bam, deleted my post and banned me from talking in the tread. The admins on the site are cancel culture woke just like the rest of the extreme left

Its not all of them, but there’s a few who will let guys in here run the entire state down as backwards and slander them as racist bigots and nothing is ever done. One comment toward them as leftists race hustlers and it’s removed. I haven’t been banned but I’m sure it’s coming.

I’ve never understood why guys like UK90 and Gonzo can continuously say Kentucky fans are essentially racist bigots over noticing a rarity (white home state basketball kid) and they remain without a delete or anything. It’s just crazy. Hell in Memphis black dudes love watching a white dude shoot up a gym, but I’ve noticed lefty political Kentucky guys think it’s some kind of gotcha moment. It’s weird to me.

White Knights slandering their own for a feeling of enlightenment. And most of the time they’re the biggest bigots in the room that’s why they attack certain races and continuously attack their own in a sort of soft bigoted attempt to offer cover for who they deem beneath them. It’s a really sick and twisted world we’re living in but eventually it’s going to come to a dead stop.

The White Knight shot caller was kinda cool in 2007 but it’s now just stupid and, quite frankly, a dork douchebag move.

Last edited:
Best to let sleeping dogs lie. Nothing good can come from this discussion, it’s bringing up shit from two years ago come on now!

I’ve never understood why guys like UK90 and Gonzo can continuously say Kentucky fans are essentially racist bigots over noticing a rarity (white home state basketball kid) and they remain without a delete or anything. It’s just crazy.
I can’t speak for @GonzoCat90, but you really should stop misrepresenting my posts like this. Pointing out that UK fans tend to have an irrationally disproportionate interest in in-state players (and using Dontaie Allen as the example) in no way means I’m saying they’re “racist bigots.”

if the reason you’re doing this is because you’re still butthurt that your post earlier today got deleted, then you’re barking up the wrong tree. I had nothing whatsoever to do with the mods deleting it.

But I do get why the they removed it. It was an embarrassingly bad post, completely unfunny and also quite insulting to Oscar. Yes, he speaks with an African accent, but not in the illiterate half-wit way in which you depicted him. Honestly, you should be glad it got deleted before more people saw it.

I can’t speak for @GonzoCat90, but you really should stop misrepresenting my posts like this. Pointing out that UK fans tend to have an irrationally disproportionate interest in in-state players (and using Dontaie Allen as the example) in no way means I’m saying they’re “racist bigots.”

if the reason you’re doing this is because you’re still butthurt that your post earlier today got deleted, then you’re barking up the wrong tree. I had nothing whatsoever to do with the mods deleting it.

But I do get why the they removed it. It was an embarrassingly bad post, completely unfunny and also quite insulting to Oscar. Yes, he speaks with an African accent, but not in the illiterate half-wit way in which you depicted him. Honestly, you should be glad it got deleted before more people saw it.
Can a man not watch the Steve Wilkos show and post in jest in peace? You don’t seem to get this, you’re a really dorky dude. I don’t mind you, but you’ve branded yourself as the grammar police and hall monitor. Why are you talking lol. Your entire schtick is embarrassing. Do you have no self awareness?

You have said many times as has Gonzo that Kentucky people are into white players and white in state players. You always throw up this tired bs that Kentucky people more than anyone else are into state kids. It’s not true. I’ve had to explain this to you because I’m really starting to believe you don’t get out of Kentucky much.

Memphis LIVES off in state kids and names streets after them. They will throw a parade for them. Alabama football freaks out over in state kids go to their message boards. Pro teams go nuts over guys from their city. Stl Cardinals just had a state kid pitch and the entire stadium went crazy and he’s been on every show talking about. It’s in the papers, it’s all over my Cardinals boards. And on and on. But you continuously say this nonsense and you really should stop because it’s making you look foolish. No this is not special to Kentucky. We just love our teams more than most.

Our own players have fun with Oscars accent Mr. White Knight. You’re taking it way too far. I don’t give a shit about a stupid 7am post that I barely remember.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MathUK
Da
Our own players have fun with Oscars accent Mr. White Knight.

OK, then let’s be clear about what we’re talking about. This is how you depicted the way Oscar talks:

“Oscar - SEE, Dis why I say I no play for guy. Allway say language no good for lord I no play and YEECE he DID say rumar about me…..”

Do you really believe our own players would be cool with that depiction?

hell I got banned for saying it was good for Brooks to go to Washington and he will fit right in woke land. Bam, deleted my post and banned me from talking in the tread. The admins on the site are cancel culture woke just like the rest of the extreme left.

I have been reading and posting on RR for years and never banned. We live in some scary times
Get kicked out a thread is not getting banned bra. 30 day minimums. I’ve knocked out a 90 day one too. That one was rough.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
Da

OK, then let’s be clear about what we’re talking about. This is how you depicted the way Oscar talks:

“Oscar - SEE, Dis why I say I no play for guy. Allway say language no good for lord I no play and YEECE he DID say rumar about me…..”

Do you really believe our own players would be cool with that depiction?

White Knight, it wasn’t about him being black. It’s about him having a rare accent. It’s the same way people have always had fun with Arnold schwarzenegger‘s accent. It’s just fun. Of course a guy like you that sees race in salt and pepper shakers wouldn’t get it but most people aren’t like you.

The players DO IT. Have you paid no attention? Oscar doesn’t mind it.

Dude, shut up. I don’t play your stupid PC games and you’re not going to convince anyone you’re saving the day and enlightened. Your type are OLD and wore out and people are largely SICK of it.

Oscar is my favorite player of the Cal era. He’s now in my top 3 all time. I’ve met him, my kids have met him. I love the guy. I love that he’s not from here too, he’s nothing like your type that is just ridiculously brainwashed. Quit being a jackass.

Last edited:
White Knight, it wasn’t about him being black.
Who said anything about him being black? I never did. The only person making this discussion about race is you.

I was merely pointing out how you unfairly and inaccurately made him sound like an illiterate idiot …seemingly based on nothing more than the fact that he has an accent. I didn’t say a word about skin color, that seems to be your hang up in this thread, not mine.

Who said anything about him being black? I never did. The only person making this discussion about race is you.

I was merely pointing out how you unfairly and inaccurately made him sound like an illiterate idiot …seemingly based on nothing more than the fact that he has an accent. I didn’t say a word about skin color, that seems to be your hang up in this thread, not mine.

Okay dude, bullshit away. If he was white and from Russia you wouldn’t give a sht and you damn well know it. Now you’re just turning into a lair. I don’t have time for it.

Someone misspelled armpit in thread 3. Go earn your stripes.

Okay dude, bullshit away. If he was white and from Russia you wouldn’t give a sht and you damn well know it.
Nah, I’m pretty sure I’d see it the same way. . That same post would’ve appeared just as dumb and unfunny if it was about a European, Australian, Latin or Asian player with an accent.

It was just a really bad post, which is why the mods wisely gave it a quick delete. Own it.

Nah, I’m pretty sure I’d see it the same way. . That same post would’ve appeared just as dumb and unfunny if it was about a European, Australian, Latin or Asian player with an accent.

It was just a really bad post, which is why the mods wisely gave it a quick delete. Own it.

You’re lying. You wouldn’t care. You’ve always been a dufus white Knight type.

People have always had fun with types of accents. Did you go into a seizure when the 80’s and 90’s went nuts over Arnold’s accent? It’s in fun, it’s not what you’re making it. I’ve done it before, the reason it was deleted was for language which I’ve already told.

Everyone has fun with it including our players and Oscar. Ty was having fun with it in a video not long ago. No one has had any issues with it.

I think it’s time you found a girlfriend and let some of this go dude. It’s quite ridiculous and just makes you look weird. I don’t play your PC games how many times do I have to tell you. Now stop responding and I’ll stop.

Get kicked out a thread is not getting banned bra. 30 day minimums. I’ve knocked out a 90 day one too. That one was rough.
If I cant defend what I said in that tread by Banning me to post in that thread, it is being banned even for 30 days. If you cant exercise your free speech then it is being banned

No one needs you or Mods to save them from seeing something offensive. You were allowed to see a post and reach a conclusion. I and others didn't get that chance to judge for ourselves. As a rational adult from a large racially mixed family, I think I deserved that right to make a decision.

From what you describe, it was pretty insulting to Oscar and I believe I would have found it offensive, but some Mod stole the opportunity from me to decide for myself.

No one needs you or Mods to save them from seeing something offensive. You were allowed to see a post and reach a conclusion. I and others didn't get that chance to judge for ourselves. As a rational adult from a large racially mixed family, I think I deserved that right to make a decision.

From what you describe, it was pretty insulting to Oscar and I believe I would have found it offensive, but some Mod stole the opportunity from me to decide for myself.

Some of you are absolutely ate up in your own bs and it’s just ridiculous. Nobody was insulting Oscar. It wasn’t insulting at all. And being from a racially mixed family doesn’t make you any kind of expert. There’s plenty of those today that initially didn’t want it. One of the most hate filled men I’ve ever met has black grandkids.

For the record, I’m not even white lol. And I think it’s just absurd the way some of you play this routine. Live and let live, quit being offensed over things that have no meaning. “Isms” exist in large part because some of you won’t stop talking about it.

It was in jest, the same way people have fun with foreign accents. There are videos of NBA players having fun with Dirk, I mean America half ass branded itself on having a good time with Arnold’s accent all throughout two decades. Ty Washington and other players are on video trying to sound like Oscar. Oscar seems to enjoy it too.

None of you speak for Oscar. So stop trying to make something out of nothing. This country is becoming an absolute parody over this nonsense. And if that post actually does “offend” someone, then they have a pathetic outlook on life. Utter nonsense.

I got banned for a week for saying Sharpe is a POS. First they removed my ability to reply then a day later they decided that wasn't enough and banned me.

Can we not have one thread on this board that doesn't devolve into posters screaming "Woke!"/going off on political tangents?
Good lord for a fanbase that I so often see begging to "stick to sports" some of you are quick to turn the slightest difference of opinion into a political pissing contest.
Don't we get enough of both sides being insufferable jackasses perpetually jumping down one another's throats on social media?

You read the second page of this thread and you'd lose track of what the original topic was even about.

Reactions: kelzer and JST390-2
ADVERTISEMENT