ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know the truth about what happened with Oscar/WVU ?

My coach caught me for the same thing in college, he busted my ass, but I wouldn't have changed schools and friends and teammates over it.

This may be the worst video put together on YouTube. I couldn't hardly listen at all to this guy's disjointed thinking. Can't the WVU fanbase find somebody better to represent them? I don't get it.

There is likely not another guy in NCAA basketball that works as hard as O. What an idiot this guy is to surmise that Huggins was gonna make Oscar work harder than he wanted to...and that's why he left.

This is a cringeworthy bad attempt at humor.

Half of your existence on the board is cringeworthy. Who thinks it’s cool to hall monitor words and post? Pot meet kettle.

Of course I wasn’t trying to be funny though. I was watching STEEEEVE this morning. Love that stupid show.

It’s cool 90 I know what your problem is. Called you out for your lame ass “ you just like ur white Richie” nonsense a while back and it rubbed ya. Talk about stupid, and yes you need to get out of Kentucky more. Lefty’s from Kentucky live around 10 years delayed. It was cool in 2007 to point out people like white Kentucky players. Now it’s just dumb yet you keep doing it.

And with that I still like ya 90. You just float around doing you. Almost like the South Park teacher when his head turned into a balloon.

Also, no mention from this guy about Huggy publicly calling Oscar out, something to the effect of "he wasn't willing to do the hard things"
That's why I think it's all sour grapes. Just not a good look. I would of kinda expected better from Huggy. If for no other reason, Oscar went to a good friend's team. The whole thing is odd and low down.

Reactions: dl51344
That's why I think it's all sour grapes. Just not a good look. I would of kinda expected better from Huggy. If for no other reason, Oscar went to a good friend's team. The whole thing is odd and low down.

This happens a lot actually. Oscar is a great guy and Huggins knows how good he was about to be. He got burned and said some things to a few people. Oscar got wind of it and defended himself. For some reason it’s news I’m not sure why. Roy Williams and Coach K were notorious for running down guys not only transferring but leaving early for the NBA.

For the mod that deleted the post, why? Our own players crack jokes about Oscars accent? This keeps happening too over stupid things while guys like 90 slander and accuse the entire fan base of racism and nastiness yet his post remain. Weird.

It’s almost like he’s not just a hall monitor but a Snitch. I’m sure I’ll be booted for this but I don’t care. Do with my body what you must.

I guarantee you that any off the court activities only became an issue once there was on the court issues.

It’s obvious from the stats alone that Huggins wasn’t using O in the right way, O gets frustrated and begins to consider leaving, and the tension between Huggins and O builds and builds, and all of a sudden something the entire team is doing becomes an issue when O does it.

Egg on Huggins face, O becomes unanimous player of the year elsewhere, and Huggins looks like a scorned ex girlfriend when he continued to trash talk someone who is playing much better without him and off the court appears to be a borderline saint in the state of KY.

Reactions: Cat06
I guarantee you that any off the court activities only became an issue once there was on the court issues.

It’s obvious from the stats alone that Huggins wasn’t using O in the right way, O gets frustrated and begins to consider leaving, and the tension between Huggins and O builds and builds, and all of a sudden something the entire team is doing becomes an issue when O does it.

Egg on Huggins face, O becomes unanimous player of the year elsewhere, and Huggins looks like a scorned ex girlfriend when he continued to trash talk someone who is playing much better without him and off the court appears to be a borderline saint in the state of KY.

Of course. Hell Huggins would probably buy players weed and smoke it with them in certain situations. And women? Bob Huggins talking about having issues with women and players?

Yea sure. Not at all to do with Oscar leaving and Huggins feeling sour about it.

I mean this is Bob Thuggins. Lol.

Of course. Hell Huggins would probably buy players weed and smoke it with them in certain situations. And women? Bob Huggins talking about having issues with women and players?

Yea sure. Not at all to do with Oscar leaving and Huggins feeling sour about it.

I mean this is Bob Thuggins. Lol.
Uh-oh. That dog whistle's gonna bring 90 a-runnin'

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
From https://sports.yahoo.com/oscar-tshiebwe-clarifies-statement-bob-050100550.html

Hours after the story had been published, Tshiebwe reached out to the author to clarify his statement.

Kyle Tucker posted this on Twitter:

"Oscar reached out to clarify this was not a direct conversation with Huggins, rather that he was told by people around him someone at WVU was saying these things, " Tucker tweeted. "Oscar says the only direct comment from Huggins to him was, 'You're ruining your life.' "

As to the people around Tshiebwe who were telling him these things, Huggins referred to them as "outside influences " last January.

"It was 100 % outside influences, " Huggins said of Tshiebwe's reason for transferring. "I think it's the world we live in. It's better to steal than it is to work and earn things. It's take the easy way out. I think there were some people involved who saw where they could benefit and maybe profit and work very diligently at trying to get him out."

From https://sports.yahoo.com/oscar-tshiebwe-clarifies-statement-bob-050100550.html

Hours after the story had been published, Tshiebwe reached out to the author to clarify his statement.

"Oscar reached out to clarify this was not a direct conversation with Huggins, rather that he was told by people around him someone at WVU was saying these things, " Tucker tweeted. "Oscar says the only direct comment from Huggins to him was, 'You're ruining your life.' "

As to the people around Tshiebwe who were telling him these things, Huggins referred to them as "outside influences " last January.

"It was 100 % outside influences, " Huggins said of Tshiebwe's reason for transferring. "I think it's the world we live in. It's better to steal than it is to work and earn things. It's take the easy way out. I think there were some people involved who saw where they could benefit and maybe profit and work very diligently at trying to get him out."
I wonder if Cal and Huggins are kinda beefing over this situation. I know they are good friends but all this is just weird.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Good stuff and thanks …it just doesn’t add up these allegations …we all know Oscar works his ass off …something was wrong that’s for sure …yeah Oscar is like an ordained minister for our team

There are always three sides to every story; yours, mine and the truth.
I find it odd that Oscar has not even tried to explain anything from his days at WVU or bad mouth Huggins for anything like this to take place. If it had taken place, I would think someone in todays media, aka Jerry Tipton would ask questions everyday about this.

So what if this is true. So what. Look at Oscars behavior since his arrival at UK. One of the best student/athletes any college would want to wear their jersey and speak to young kids.

If this were truly a 100% factual story, then I see Oscar going to someplace like UL instead of UK.

I would much rather to hear UK players are out chasing women around, taking them back to their rooms for sex then to hear about a UK player out in some gay bar taking another man home to have sex.
If you're gay, that is your business but do not expect others to agree with your lifestyle nor will I bash you or judge you.
So Big O like women; wow. Likes a little weed to go with his women. Wow. But it is OK for the United States to back Brittany Griner for breaking Russia law about weed/oil and such?
I like Oscar even more today after hearing this. Keep proving yourself big fella.

He never wanted to be there. From what I remember Cal recruited him out of HS and his "handlers" pushed him to WVU.

I'll take the word of Oscar over Huggy the boozer.
I can't see Oscar making stuff up about Huggins. When Bob Huggins was calling him lazy and saying he was not willing to work to make changes he needed to make, Oscar took the high road and thanked his former coach. So, if Oscar said Huggins told him these things, I believe him. Everything we've seen from Oscar Tshiebwe tells me he's a guy who has strong character. And I agree with you HagginHall- it is clear Oscar's heart was never at WVU. His handlers pushed him that direction and he went there to please them. But it's clear to me he wanted to be at UK all along. His play was greatly improved once he put on the Wildcat uniform. That makes a huge difference.

There are always three sides to every story; yours, mine and the truth.
I find it odd that Oscar has not even tried to explain anything from his days at WVU or bad mouth Huggins for anything like this to take place. If it had taken place, I would think someone in todays media, aka Jerry Tipton would ask questions everyday about this.

So what if this is true. So what. Look at Oscars behavior since his arrival at UK. One of the best student/athletes any college would want to wear their jersey and speak to young kids.

If this were truly a 100% factual story, then I see Oscar going to someplace like UL instead of UK.

I would much rather to hear UK players are out chasing women around, taking them back to their rooms for sex then to hear about a UK player out in some gay bar taking another man home to have sex.
If you're gay, that is your business but do not expect others to agree with your lifestyle nor will I bash you or judge you.
So Big O like women; wow. Likes a little weed to go with his women. Wow. But it is OK for the United States to back Brittany Griner for breaking Russia law about weed/oil and such?
I like Oscar even more today after hearing this. Keep proving yourself big fella.
Good lord

This is garbage. Huggins has always been a POS. Oscar has done nothing but been awesome and seems like a great young man. This guy stirring up BS for hits. Don’t give them to him.

Well, that makes much more sense. This is what I get for not reading the entire thread before commenting. And it also goes to show that retractions and corrections rarely get the same attention as the original headline. The people telling him Huggins would try to ruin his career if he left were trying to scare Oscar into staying, and it clearly didn't work. The comments from Huggins about Oscar being lazy and unwilling to cooperate with the coaching staff may have been a matter of his heart not being at WVa. I say this must be the case because all we've seen from Oscar since he came to UK is EXACTLY the opposite. He's been one of the hardest working guys on the team, both on and off the court, and he's done exactly what the staff has asked from all we've been told. And on top of all that, he has shown himself to be a man of honor and integrity.

All this being said, I am happy for the young man that he left WVa and came to UK and that he won the player of the year, and that he is getting some money for his name, image, and likeness, and even more that he is returning to UK. He's already a fan favorite. By coming back, he may well become one of the all-time favorites in UK history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT