ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on how CJ is progressing

I honestly forgot about him .

Hopefully he can stay healthy next season . I know it has to be frustrating
Hope so but I'm not encouraged. He's been plagued with leg and foot problems for a while. Doesn't seem to be built for the pounding it takes to play at the college level.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Hope so but I'm not encouraged. He's been plagued with leg and foot problems for a while. Doesn't seem to be built for the pounding it takes to play at the college level.
Agree about the pounding. Problems started when he put on 30 lbs. his redshirt year at Iowa, going from 165 to 195. That was just too much weight added too fast, in my opinion, and caused multiple stress-related issues his r/s freshman and sophomore seasons (and this year, obviously).

Good as new in a few weeks. He'll be good to go next season.

fractured-leg-recovery.jpg

Reactions: RSUK5022
His injury has a recovery time of 4 to 6 months. The 4 month mark would be March. I hope he is able to practice some this year in some capacity

I know when he was doing a video of after game he seemed extremely happy. I am so glad. I became a big fan after I saw that.
He will be good and he will help us

Good as new in a few weeks. He'll be good to go next season.

fractured-leg-recovery.jpg
I’d hate that so much.

I was in a cast and boot for…two months? Sucked. Really sucked. But I could at least use one of those knee scooters for a bit. Doctor told me to walk on crutches for 6 weeks. I said eff that.

But to basically have your whole leg immobilized? Where all you got is crutches or a wheelchair? Ugh.

I mean something as simple as going down the hall to the bathroom becomes an exhausting task.

Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I’d hate that so much.

I was in a cast and boot for…two months? Sucked. Really sucked. But I could at least use one of those knee scooters for a bit. Doctor told me to walk on crutches for 6 weeks. I said eff that.

But to basically have your whole leg immobilized? Where all you got is crutches or a wheelchair? Ugh.

I mean something as simple as going down the hall to the bathroom becomes an exhausting task.

Hope he gets to feeling better soon.
Uh, you do know that's not him. That's a female- see the painted toenails?

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
I've heard his hair is in 6 inch twists NOW so by next season he'll have the length to go full speed.

What a blow to the team in losing him. Losing 6, 3 pointers a game is tough, but others stepped up

Hard to believe a hamstring injury was so bad that it sidelines someone for entire season I have never heard of this. To have to get surgery it must have been the worst hamstring injury ever. I mean he couldn't make it back in 3-4 months ? I never heard of such a thing. Would been nice to get him back even if it was just for March.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
Washington said he was the best shooter he ever seen. If he is better than Grady then look out.

Losing our three good shooters, CJ will be huge for our success next season. Hopefully Sharpe is a sharp shooter and we still need one more at minimum so we have at least three really good shooters from the guard positions.

Reactions: RunninRichie
CJ if healthy will be a huge boost to a roster that will have a lot of freshmen guards. Anybody that can lead the Big Ten in 3 point shooting percentage will find a place on the floor if he can go

Reactions: RunninRichie
Wallace has been kind of under the radar
Wallace is a good shooter
. I have a friend who coaches AAU ball in Memphis who told me he might be the best guard in the class, says he is very hard nosed and has a killer instinct, he compared him to Doran Lamd, boy I hope that is true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT