ADVERTISEMENT

Any Recruiting News?

Was a big recruiting weekend. I’d also love to hear any updates. I’m sure we’ll start hearing more soon.

Was a big recruiting weekend. I’d also love to hear any updates. I’m sure we’ll start hearing more soon.
Next weekend, Dec 14, will be bigger. More guys coming in I think.

Many expect the JUCO DB Clemmons to commit soon.

Don't be surprised if Tanner Bowles decommits if we land 1-2 more OL in this class. Saban still wants to hang onto him badly and our staff loves him, but word is that Bowles is concerned about playing time if other OL come on board. Saban is expected to meet with him tonight. We signed a very underwhelming OL class last year and 2 of our OL from the 2017 class aren't progressing as expected, so our staff wants to load up on that position this year to offset that.

A big indicator would be if we can somehow snag instate OL Clay Webb on Monday, when he is scheduled to commit. UGA is still the favorite, IMO, and if they land him he'll be like the 10th 5-star OL they've landed in the last 3 classes. I kid, but in all seriousness look at UGA's last 3 classes. Give it another year or two and their entire 2-deep could very well be comprised of all 5-stars (depending on the site). But if we somehow keep him home (historically we suck recruiting blue chip prospects at that HS), I think Bowles could be back on the market since we're likely going to land Evan Neal out of IMG Academy as well.

Don't be surprised if Tanner Bowles decommits if we land 1-2 more OL in this class. Saban still wants to hang onto him badly and our staff loves him, but word is that Bowles is concerned about playing time if other OL come on board. Saban is expected to meet with him tonight. We signed a very underwhelming OL class last year and 2 of our OL from the 2017 class aren't progressing as expected, so our staff wants to load up on that position this year to offset that.

A big indicator would be if we can somehow snag instate OL Clay Webb on Monday, when he is scheduled to commit. UGA is still the favorite, IMO, and if they land him he'll be like the 10th 5-star OL they've landed in the last 3 classes. I kid, but in all seriousness look at UGA's last 3 classes. Give it another year or two and their entire 2-deep could very well be comprised of all 5-stars (depending on the site). But if we somehow keep him home (historically we suck recruiting blue chip prospects at that HS), I think Bowles could be back on the market since we're likely going to land Evan Neal out of IMG Academy as well.
It would be huge for UK to land Bowles. UK's short of OL in this class, need at least 2 if not 3 with only 5 scholarships left. Looking to 2020 if they don't boost their numbers they'll be scary thin.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Cameron Jones is option 3,478,987. He did develop his skill set in 2018, but is not a Power 5 QB. The ONLY reason UK would bring him on board is to be a 3rd QB in 2019 and with the possibility that he develops into a 2nd team QB later in his college career. If Hoak were to go elsewhere, and UK could not get a JUCO QB or grad transfer would not be surprised if Walker Wood would be the 2nd team QB.

Jones has a better chance of developing into a viable option at TE than he does at QB.

Cameron Jones is option 3,478,987. He did develop his skill set in 2018, but is not a Power 5 QB. The ONLY reason UK would bring him on board is to be a 3rd QB in 2019 and with the possibility that he develops into a 2nd team QB later in his college career. If Hoak were to go elsewhere, and UK could not get a JUCO QB or grad transfer would not be surprised if Walker Wood would be the 2nd team QB.

Jones has a better chance of developing into a viable option at TE than he does at QB.
I think the staff wants him as a tackle or TE.

247 has Bowles as 100% UK on their crystal ball prediction, but there is only 1 person making a prediction. I don't know if it is recent or not though. Either he got word of the decommitment possibly happening or it is old prediction that was never removed. I don't follow their crystal ball predictions so I don't know how it usually works.

Yeah bammer your O line classes last two years only were 80% 4 and5 stars. Pretty underwhelming.

Yeah it’s hard to take an Alabama fan worrying about OL classes when all they get are 4 and 5 star players.

It would be huge for UK to land Bowles. UK's short of OL in this class, need at least 2 if not 3 with only 5 scholarships left.
Throughout the flap surrounding Wandale Robinson's recruitment, some posters including myself have said all along that the keys to UK's 2019 class are along both lines and the secondary. Recruiting in our secondary is going well. The future of our DL tentatively looks good. We need to hang onto Cavon Butler and also find another DE if Payne is out of the picture.

I agree with you about the OL. We are set at OT for a while with Kinnard, Price, Young, Lewis, and Pope. We are set at C with Jackson and Wilson. But OG concerns me because Bunchy is a senior. Stenberg may have regressed this year. Fortner, Wolfe, Dodson, Dolcine, Horsey, and Cox will be here. A pretty good pedestrian group, but no obvious stars. Who will step up and give us the push Bunchy has provided in the running game? When McCall went over to the defense, that helped the team but also created future OG questions. I sure hope Dodson develops quickly. It could be him.

The assumption is that 5 unfilled scholarships are left. There may turn out to be a couple more. There will probably be more decommits, maybe even a pulled offer.

These are the remaining needs I see-

another QB
another RB
another WR
another OT
another OG
another DE
another S

If Butler decommits, we would ideally need another DT too. But I think Butler will probably stay with UK.

Recent visitors have included WR Devonta Lee, CB/S Kelvin Clemmons, and S Quandre Mosely. S Taj Dodson and CB Jammie Robinson will visit UK this weekend. Rumor is that Cincinnati DE Anthony Booker will visit soon. No offensive linemen in that group, but I wonder if WV lineman Zach Williamson would like to reconsider his commitment to UL. He likes UK.

Reactions: Blue Decade
Throughout the flap surrounding Wandale Robinson's recruitment, some posters including myself have said all along that the keys to UK's 2019 class are along both lines and the secondary. Recruiting in our secondary is going well. The future of our DL tentatively looks good. We need to hang onto Cavon Butler and also find another DE if Payne is out of the picture.

I agree with you about the OL. We are set at OT for a while with Kinnard, Price, Young, Lewis, and Pope. We are set at C with Jackson and Wilson. But OG concerns me because Bunchy is a senior. Stenberg may have regressed this year. Fortner, Wolfe, Dodson, Dolcine, Horsey, and Cox will be here. A pretty good pedestrian group, but no obvious stars. Who will step up and give us the push Bunchy has provided in the running game? When McCall went over to the defense, that helped the team but also created future OG questions. I sure hope Dodson develops quickly. It could be him.

The assumption is that 5 unfilled scholarships are left. There may turn out to be a couple more. There will probably be more decommits, maybe even a pulled offer.

These are the remaining needs I see-

another QB
another RB
another WR
another OT
another OG
another DE
another S

If Butler decommits, we would ideally need another DT too. But I think Butler will probably stay with UK.

Recent visitors have included WR Devonta Lee, CB/S Kelvin Clemmons, and S Quandre Mosely. S Taj Dodson and CB Jammie Robinson will visit UK this weekend. Rumor is that Cincinnati DE Anthony Booker will visit soon. No offensive linemen in that group, but I wonder if WV lineman Zach Williamson would like to reconsider his commitment to UL. He likes UK.
Isn't Lee scheduled for this coming weekend, Dec 14, with Gilmore? Isn't Williamson also scheduled then?

Isn't Lee scheduled for this coming weekend, Dec 14, with Gilmore? Isn't Williamson also scheduled then?
LSU is getting desperate. They already offered the scrub brother of a 5-star in-state DT who we will likely get, in an effort to entice him to stay home, and it wouldn't surprise me if Farmer Fran shows up on Lee's UK visit with a boombox.

Reactions: mrschwump
Was talking to a former coach and friend yesterday that is big fan of Fl St. He was talking about our Defense and DL in particlular for next year. He thinks we’re going to be really good in our front 7... Bohanan, MCCall, Paschal, Watson and Oats are going to be really good players. One thing Stoops has done here is build a very good defense.

Dagen Rash, offensive guard from Belfry, decommitted from Army. We are apparently involved.

Louisville called three commits last night and told them they will no longer recognize their scholarship. The parents seemed highly upset mainly because two of them were finishing high school December 19th and planned on moving into a dorm at u-6 in January

ADVERTISEMENT