ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on Vanderbilt?

Nope, no update. But it's getting late for a return, if he's playing this year Cal would have said it by now that he's planing on playing.

Thought by now we would know if he was

Reactions: TheWyldKat
Not playing. Maybe he returns next year.

I have no info to base anything on, just a feeling I'm getting from the reports we've heard and the fact that he doesn't seem ready to play at all right now. Cal doesn't sound or look all that optimistic any time he talks about Vanderbilt so I'm going along with those who say we won't see him play this year. Just don't think they want to take a chance of further injury and will just wait for a full recovery. Can't see him anywhere but at UK next year also as I don't believe he would be that high on NBA draft boards sitting out an entire season with an injury, just too many question marks for an NBA team to gamble on. Total speculation and just personal thought on my part.

Paraphrasing, but Cal said roughly 10 days ago that he could play now if he was in shape. Its his decision when and IF he plays this year.

My guess is that he sits, tests the waters and after that is anyones guess. Id love to be wrong.

Paraphrasing, but Cal said roughly 10 days ago that he could play now if he was in shape. Its his decision when and IF he plays this year.

My guess is that he sits, tests the waters and after that is anyones guess. Id love to be wrong.
I didn't realize Cal has said that. I'm sure it will take several weeks to get in game shape. I wonder if he is going full speed in practice? Very interesting to see where this ends up.

Reactions: Maxwell41
It’s getting to the point to where UK might as well wait to play him next season. Richards and Washington are already so far ahead of him, after Saturday 1/3 the season will be over, so might as well just play them like we have been along with Gabriel and SKJ in the 4/5 spots.

Mid February is when teams normally start their tournament rotation

It’s getting to the point to where UK might as well wait to play him next season. Richards and Washington are already so far ahead of him, after Saturday 1/3 the season will be over, so might as well just play them like we have been along with Gabriel and SKJ in the 4/5 spots.

Mid February is when teams normally start their tournament rotation
Washington and Richardson won't have anything to do with his playing time maybe washington some but he will play on the peremeter mostly. These guys do watch film and learn when they hurt. They are also 18 takes them about 3 weeks to get into maximum shape if they work.

If he doesn't play this year, he may not play for us at all. But, as @ORCAT said, I doubt he'd be too high on draft boards after sitting out a year and no college exp to base a guess on.

Will get the ole "injury prone" label if he doesn't play this season and no one will spend a first round pick on him.

He needs to play to get drafted. This is not a Giles situation. Giles was consensus number 1, then played and dropped. This is a guy projected to be late lottery pick who will drop out of the 1st round if he doesn't play.

Giles had everything to lose by playing and should have stayed on the bench. Vanderbilt has to play in order to get drafted.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Here we go again with the Diallo crap. Smdh.

Well a lot of fans were wrong about Diallo so there’s that.

No reason for Diallo not to have contributed last year imo. There was no injury. Hes playing well so far this year, but its hard to dismiss the value of the game and tourney exp he couldve gained by playing last year.
That wasn't the plan. The plan was to enroll in January, practice with the team, test the NBA waters and return. It's his future and it appears he's taking an intelligent, disciplined approach. Selfish fans such as yourself, need to understand that.

Reactions: Dablueman
That wasn't the plan. The plan was to enroll in January, practice with the team, test the NBA waters and return. It's his future and it appears he's taking an intelligent, disciplined approach. Selfish fans such as yourself, need to understand that.

For the billionth time, when interviewed and asked if he may declare for draft after sitting out, HD said that would be a conversation him and Cal would have at the end of the year.

Leaving was never "off the table." It was an option just the same as returning was.

Selfish fan > Gullible fan

Reactions: jmw23712
ADVERTISEMENT