ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on Humphries?

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
hope he's back Friday and has a week to get ready for UCLA. They are attacking the basket early -- not all that effectively but persistently. I could see Skal getting a couple quick fouls with a road whistle.

Yeah, we can always use his bulk down low. The only way the UCLA game will be close is due to horse**** officiating. I expect that though, but UK wins by 10-12 in the end.

If nothing else (and there is a lot else), I love Humphries as a "Skal motivator". Skal has fewer rebounds this year than Isaiah Briscoe, and only 3 more than Tyler Ulis. Skal doesn't seem to have a natural instinct for rebounding the way some guys do, and that's OK- he's so skilled in other areas, that's just something you live with (though I do think it torpedoes any chance he had at going #1 overall in the draft). However, when he shows a lack of focus and effort (which has been part of the problem), he needs to know that he can/will come out of the game. Humphries makes that a lot easier.

I'm glad Cal decided to give the big Aussie kid one more game off. It wasn't like that game was ever in doubt so no point in trying to bring this big dude back too early. We are missing this kid's talent inside already. He's so big and talented. Some didn't think he would get much playing time this year and be much of a factor, but were they ever wrong. He is an important piece to our roster and without him, we lack toughness and muscle inside. It's actually scary to think this kid is only 17 and still adds strength inside.

I'm glad Cal decided to give the big Aussie kid one more game off. It wasn't like that game was ever in doubt so no point in trying to bring this big dude back too early. We are missing this kid's talent inside already. He's so big and talented. Some didn't think he would get much playing time this year and be much of a factor, but were they ever wrong. He is an important piece to our roster and without him, we lack toughness and muscle inside. It's actually scary to think this kid is only 17 and still adds strength inside.
Not sure about the injury but he is a big boy and and is only 17... I don't want the dreaded stress fracture.

ADVERTISEMENT