ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance Destin Wade sees the field at QB in the Iowa game ?

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
Why not ? I see the bowl prep as a chance for the three QB's who are left to compete. Now is the chance for each of them
Did Liam have a part in the recruitment of him before he left for LA ?
I know at the time we were glad to get both of the twins

Why not ? I see the bowl prep as a chance for the three QB's who are left to compete. Now is the chance for each of them
Did Liam have a part in the recruitment of him before he left for LA ?
I know at the time we were glad to get both of the twins
I was under the impression that after the SC game , it was going to be Destin instead of Kaiya if Will went down.
There was talk that the staff had a package for him.
Based on that I wouldnt expect anything less than a split unless Kaiya gets the start and comes out on fire.

Why not start the kid from Nashville for this game??!!!!!

Let him show how much he has improved.

Stoops rarely inserts more than one QB a game unless an injury occurs. This game probably no exception

Reactions: GridCats
Stoops is gonna play to win not use the game as some sort of audition. 8-5 is a helluva lot better than 7-6. It’s likely next years qb isn’t even on the roster.

Agree, playing to win means put Wade in and run read/options. With him keeping most of the time since he can't give it to CRod.

Key & Barion might not see the ball much, maybe a jet sweep or 2

Agree, playing to win means put Wade in and run read/options. With him keeping most of the time since he can't give it to CRod.

Key & Barion might not see the ball much, maybe a jet sweep or 2
I was at the game when Will was hurt and in the pre-game warm ups he threw by far the best long ball of the 3 backup QB's. I know doing it with no pressure in warmups and in a game with a 275 lb D-Lineman breathing down your neck is 2 different things but it seemed to me that he has a pretty good arm.

Stoops rarely inserts more than one QB a game unless an injury occurs. This game probably no exception
That 2015 game at Vanderbilt when Dawson was OC was an exception. But since then, yes Stoops sticks with one guy except for injury or mop-up duty (which unfortunately seldom happens).

Stoops is gonna play to win not use the game as some sort of audition. 8-5 is a helluva lot better than 7-6. It’s likely next years qb isn’t even on the roster.

Stoops will play not to lose. He isnt going to morph into some courageous coach that tries to dominate the outcome in a meaningless bowl game.

Reactions: cathouse
Stoops will play not to lose. He isnt going to morph into some courageous coach that tries to dominate the outcome in a meaningless bowl game.
This^^^^

CMS will play very conservative ( more than usual, if that is even possible), with his #1 goal for this game is getting through it with no serious injuries to his players.

Meaningless game for him and the players. May even have a soft spot for Kirk knowing another loss to UK will not be good for the old Iowa coach.

Watch the Northwestern game from the last Music City bowl..... CMS going for 2 instead of extending the game to OT.

The reason for that, CMS didn't want to risk more injuries in OT to a very physical NW team. Iowa is just as physical, especially on defense.

Look for limited possessions on offense and a ton of run plays.

ADVERTISEMENT