ADVERTISEMENT

Antoine Walker Shimmy Highlight video.

3x All-Star and five or six NBA seasons of averaging over 20 points per game.

He was our best player on the 1996 team.

All of that, and many of our fans don't give him any props for what he did here. He was incredible.

GmlTcFq9cH2qiqOgVGJ9smRB_km2PB5YgxjBpmwdhmmrSntNd4cXuCyZ9n868wlcok5psFWO6Nzg6EHAadgGfkN4sKZLJ1Zzmo51-j7upOmcyLQeXERFHKmMOxuO
4EtfnEVL_fRvKSYRxQpQVbqgOGueiHN4GpQz_5VD1sJ6zU11IgeYyiPqswHB729ODKtJhfu8nZkK2O1poTZnLWIGLbbb0Ojc02KD9n9QbZssinDJd2x4Dc98gEgV
1390419026009-UK-1996-17-.jpg

3x All-Star and five or six NBA seasons of averaging over 20 points per game.

He was our best player on the 1996 team.

All of that, and many of our fans don't give him any props for what he did here. He was incredible.

GmlTcFq9cH2qiqOgVGJ9smRB_km2PB5YgxjBpmwdhmmrSntNd4cXuCyZ9n868wlcok5psFWO6Nzg6EHAadgGfkN4sKZLJ1Zzmo51-j7upOmcyLQeXERFHKmMOxuO
4EtfnEVL_fRvKSYRxQpQVbqgOGueiHN4GpQz_5VD1sJ6zU11IgeYyiPqswHB729ODKtJhfu8nZkK2O1poTZnLWIGLbbb0Ojc02KD9n9QbZssinDJd2x4Dc98gEgV
1390419026009-UK-1996-17-.jpg
Don’t forget, he was a NBA champ in Miami as well. Started for that team in 2006 IIRC. I’ve seen this video before, but thanks for posting.

Had Antoine stuck around in 1997, I honestly believe he would’ve been the best player in the country. Duncan might’ve just edged him, but who knows.

Man, could you imagine Antoine, DA and Mercer?! Goodness gracious. Very likely would’ve been three first team AAs on one team.

Pitino was masterful at landing elite forwards who could do multiple things on the court. Calipari has struggled to do the same.

Mashburn
Walker
Rhodes
Mercer

Would have had McGrady, too, if there was a OAD back then.

Walker was the engine for that 96' team.

Who is the best players to wear the #24? Lots of good options. Not just talking about scoring either. Overrall play.

Mash, Walker, Bledsoe, Azubuike, Flynn, Johnny Cox, I am sure I am forgetting others.

Who is the best players to wear the #24? Lots of good options. Not just talking about scoring either. Overrall play.

Mash, Walker, Bledsoe, Azubuike, Flynn, Johnny Cox, I am sure I am forgetting others.
E.J. Floreal, and his legendary "who wants it?" scholarship.

Pitino was masterful at landing elite forwards who could do multiple things on the court. Calipari has struggled to do the same.

Mashburn
Walker
Rhodes
Mercer

That is because Pitino recruited for positionless basketball. If you were on the court you were expected to handle the ball, shoot the ball and distribute the ball. He also recruited for skill over athleticsm but you needed both back then. Today's players seem to be trending to the way they used to play vs just dunking.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Mashburn
Walker
Rhodes
Mercer

Yep. I’ll just leave this here.

Also read another article just now that said that DA was his host on his visit. He said he was sold on UK on his visit. Said he didn’t even want to take another visit. ****ing ADIDAS!

My favorite player on the 1996 team.
He was Pitino's favorite, too. Pitino said he was the team's most talented player, and he was. I know Delk was the fan favorite, but Walker was the one player on that team UK couldn't afford to lose.

Overall play? Mash. One of the greatest college basketball players ever. For any team.

Can you imagine having Mashburn and Walker on the same college team?

They'd give you about 40 combined points, 9 or 10 combined assists, and 16 to 20 rebounds a game.
6'8" 240 and handle it, shoot it, pass it like a guard
6'8" 230 and handle it and pass it like a guard, shoot respectable, and back to the basket game of an elite 5

NBA Jam stuff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT